The US needs to invest in our infrastructure

My appreciation, or lack thereof, for mass transit is not the issue here.

State and local infrastructure is for states and localities to figure out.

But then again, I'm not the one falling for that partisan hack siren song of "our crumbling infrastructure", as a catch-all code phrase for "increase taxes and expand bureaucracy".

Sheesh.

My appreciation, or lack thereof, for mass transit is not the issue here.

State and local infrastructure is for states and localities to figure out.

But then again, I'm not the one falling for that partisan hack siren song of "our crumbling infrastructure", as a catch-all code phrase for "increase taxes and expand bureaucracy".

Sheesh.

Do you read post before responding to them?
Before Obama ever gave his State of the Union speech, on another thread on these boards addressing a list of budget cuts proposed by the GOP, I stated that I was against infrastructure cuts. http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/151570-repubs-propose-2-5-trillion-cuts-6.html
I have been advocating repairing the infrastructure since 2007, right after the 35W bridge collapsed. I used real life experience and the non-partisan resources to form my opinion back in 2007.
So your comment about "one falling for that partisan hack siren song of "our crumbling infrastructure"" is completely wrong and is an ideological assumption based nothing factual.

As far as I'm concerned, they could outright junk about 90% of the DOT, up to and including the highway trust fund, and let the states deal with their own bloody infrastructure....And claiming that you've posted a link to an allegedly nonpartisan site, doesn't preclude the fact that you're simply parroting the political jabbering point du jour.

BTW, the 35W collapse was caused by faulty engineering, not lack of infrastructure spending.

As far as I'm concerned, they could outright junk about 90% of the DOT, up to and including the highway trust fund, and let the states deal with their own bloody infrastructure....And claiming that you've posted a link to an allegedly nonpartisan site, doesn't preclude the fact that you're simply parroting the political jabbering point du jour.

BTW, the 35W collapse was caused by faulty engineering, not lack of infrastructure spending.

Yes, it was too thin connecting plates that brought down the bridge, which could have been replaced through infrastructure repair.

"And claiming that you've posted a link to an allegedly nonpartisan site, doesn't preclude the fact that you're simply parroting the political jabbering point du jour." It's "political jabbering", is only in your mind. For most people, not everything in the world is left or right. There's something called common sense. It's common sense to want a safer infrastructure. Let's not forget the what happened in 1993 when contaminated water from Milwaukee's water system killed over 50 people and sickened an about 400000 people. Another example of infrastructure failure.

Forum List

Back