The US needs to invest in our infrastructure

Oh Gawd,more stupid slogans. Yea and lets have "Hope & Change" too while we're at it. The old "U.S. needs to invest in our infrastructure" rant is just soo tired and over-used. Where did all the $Trillion Stimulus cash go? These kinds of vague slogan-type rants are just so annoying. Yes lets spend more cash we don't have. That will surely take care of our insane debt debacle. I still can't believe so many sheep buy into these tired slogans. SHEESH!

It's sickening to think that after working steady (I have been lucky)...for almost 40 years now and having paid taxes for all that time it's sickening to think that this money has all been mishandled.I agree that we are far behind the rest of the World in modern roads and railways and airports but we do things differently.
I have heard stories from people that have traveled all over the world and when they return here they feel like they stepped back in time because our airports and roadways were a big deal 40 years ago and now they are just plain old and tired.

Having said that we do things differently here.We don't have people working 14 hr days for 6 or 7 days for little wages like I believe they do in China. I'm sure the labor cost alone to do major projects in the US are astronomical and the cost to do big projects are staggering.Why do you think the Governor of NJ shut down that project recently.

I don't have the answers but I don't think we can fix the ills we face now with more spending because of the way we handled things all these years.We don't have any more trillion dollar checkbooks available to us anymore.Now when the President says we need to invest in our future I don't think we can have these lofty goals because of the mistakes made with the stimulus just to mention one recent event.

We just don't have the money and we can't borrow anymore...and to cut spending these Politicians would rather take a kick in the groin then give up the earmarks and pork barrel projects with bridges to no where.
When we had the money or when we could have borrowed it before the huge debt we created we should have done it then.

Last edited:
It would be great IF we had some money to invest. If a person with dept that almost equaled his annual income borrowed money to invest in something we would call him a FOOL and he would soon be bankrupt. I guess the rules of common sense don't apply to the Government

A $Trillion in "Shovel-Ready Jobs" wasn't enough to improve our infrastructure? My God,Third World here we come. What's wrong with people in this country? Spending more money you don't have isn't the answer.

Where did the Trillion dollar stimulus money go?
See the link in #22.

As I don't consider myself a partisan hack, the posters and Hoover Institute are right, the funds were mishandled from the top all the way to the states to individuals.
That does not mean we can ignore the problem and it'll go away.
There have been infrastructure failures that have cost individuals their lives, from the bridge failure in Minneapolis to the water contamination in Milwaukee to the failed levees in New Orleans. If that isn't one good reason, there's the fact that because of the US's aging infrastructure, the US is losing out to competing nations for economic growth via new business and old businesses staying in the US.

Last edited:
Oh Gawd,more stupid slogans. Yea and lets have "Hope & Change" too while we're at it. The old "U.S. needs to invest in our infrastructure" rant is just soo tired and over-used. Where did all the $Trillion Stimulus cash go? These kinds of vague slogan-type rants are just so annoying. Yes lets spend more cash we don't have. That will surely take care of our insane debt debacle. I still can't believe so many sheep buy into these tired slogans. SHEESH!

Have you ever thought about taking off your partisan hat once in awhile and thinking with your own brain?
When the bridge went down in Minneapolis a year before the GOP convention in St Paul, it was amazing how quickly that 35W bridge was replaced. We had a GOP prez and a GOP governor. So the reconstruction was a GOP "must"!
I'm using this example just to show that infrastructure improvements effect ALL of the people and that is why there shouldn't be a partisan flag attached to it.

My God,bridges fall down. It happens. It's hardly a "Crisis" though. It's just so absurd that some people are still harping on a bridge falling down in Minnesota several years ago. Guess what? Bridges do fall down. This is just reality. How many large bridges have collapsed before or since that highly publicized Minnesota bridge-collapse? It's just more stupid fear mongering to push an agenda. I would say a $Trillion in "Shovel-Ready Jobs" should have improved our infrastructure just a bit no? Seriously,spending more money we don't have isn't the answer.

Last edited:
Maybe we need a "Roads Czar"?
Seriously, the shortsightedness by some folks is amazing.

You are talking about the politicians, right? Seems they had the money to fix it with the first stimulus....and didn't get the job done. How much shorter could that shortsightedness get? :eusa_whistle:

The people who question it seem to be the critical thinkers about it.
"Once burned, shame on you....twice burned, shame on me."

Meister, that's twice my dry humor has gotten you. :lol:

That Minnesota bridge-collapse was ridiculously over-publicized. Must have been a slow news week or something. One bridge falling down in Minnesota does not = Every bridge in America is about to collapse. That's just more stupid fear mongering shit. Unfortunately too many Americans are mere sheep at this point and buy into such fear mongering. Seriously people,bridges do fall down. It has happened in the past and will happen in the future too. There is no reason to panic for God's sake. Besides,the $Trillion Stimulus cash should have addressed this issue anyway. Demanding more cash for infrastructure is just redundant and unnecessary. Lets get real America.

I could have sworn that the Stimulus Bill was to "INVEST" in the infrastructure.

I do like the word "invest", it's the new buzz word from the democrats. I read in the paper where politicians from Wa. used that word after the pep rally from the president. Now I know what that closed door meeting with the democrats was about...or part of the meeting.

Meister, grow up.

I could have sworn that the Stimulus Bill was to "INVEST" in the infrastructure.

I do like the word "invest", it's the new buzz word from the democrats. I read in the paper where politicians from Wa. used that word after the pep rally from the president. Now I know what that closed door meeting with the democrats was about...or part of the meeting.

40% of it was tax cuts..and that's after it was cut in half by Republicans.

lol, what a lie, tax cuts.

You want a real "hoot"? Do a Google search on, "republicans take credit for stimulus". Better yet, here's a link. Pick your article.

Google - Republicans take credit for stimulus

Don't you love Republicans? They'll do anything, no matter how low, how dishonest. They don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did the Trillion dollar stimulus money go?
See the link in #22.

As I don't consider myself a partisan hack, the posters and Hoover Institute are right, the funds were mishandled from the top all the way to the states to individuals.
There have been infrastructure failures that have cost individuals their lives, from the bridge failure in Minneapolis to the water contamination in Milwaukee to the failed levees in New Orleans. If that isn't one good reason, there's the fact that because of the US's aging infrastructure, the US is losing out to competing nations for economic growth via new business and old businesses staying in the US.
We were peddled the rubric of "infrastructure" to hustle the unstimulating stimulus bill through congress in the first place.

Just how big a bumpkin are you?

See the link in #22.

We were peddled the rubric of "infrastructure" to hustle the unstimulating stimulus bill through congress in the first place.

Just how big a bumpkin are you?

You're not only stupid, Oddude, you're an arrogant asshole. Of course this is only my opinion.

Forum List

Back