The US needs to invest in our infrastructure

As I don't consider myself a partisan hack, the posters and Hoover Institute are right, the funds were mishandled from the top all the way to the states to individuals.
That does not mean we can ignore the problem and it'll go away.
There have been infrastructure failures that have cost individuals their lives, from the bridge failure in Minneapolis to the water contamination in Milwaukee to the failed levees in New Orleans. If that isn't one good reason, there's the fact that because of the US's aging infrastructure, the US is losing out to competing nations for economic growth via new business and old businesses staying in the US.
We were peddled the rubric of "infrastructure" to hustle the unstimulating stimulus bill through congress in the first place.

Just how big a bumpkin are you?

You're not only stupid, Oddude, you're an arrogant asshole. Of course this is only my opinion.
This is one of those moments when the kettle is calling the pot black. :lol:

Maybe we need a "Roads Czar"?
Seriously, the shortsightedness by some folks is amazing.

You are talking about the politicians, right? Seems they had the money to fix it with the first stimulus....and didn't get the job done. How much shorter could that shortsightedness get? :eusa_whistle:

The people who question it seem to be the critical thinkers about it.
"Once burned, shame on you....twice burned, shame on me."

Meister, that's twice my dry humor has gotten you. :lol:

Your as funny as Obama was lastnight with his jokes.

See the link in #22.

As I don't consider myself a partisan hack, the posters and Hoover Institute are right, the funds were mishandled from the top all the way to the states to individuals.
That does not mean we can ignore the problem and it'll go away.
There have been infrastructure failures that have cost individuals their lives, from the bridge failure in Minneapolis to the water contamination in Milwaukee to the failed levees in New Orleans. If that isn't one good reason, there's the fact that because of the US's aging infrastructure, the US is losing out to competing nations for economic growth via new business and old businesses staying in the US.
We were peddled the rubric of "infrastructure" to hustle the unstimulating stimulus bill through congress in the first place.

Just how big a bumpkin are you?

Compared to you? Based on your very one-sided closed minded posts I've seen from you, you are the last person who should be using the word bumpkin. You talk the talking points and you use rightwing biased resources. Only a huge bumpkin would be so narrow-minded and naive.

I could have sworn that the Stimulus Bill was to "INVEST" in the infrastructure.

I do like the word "invest", it's the new buzz word from the democrats.
Actually, we use it all-the-time.....except our application is more-mature than "conservatives".

When "conservatives" refer to investments....their preferred lifetime o' that investment is (typically) 72 hours; max! If they can't be guaranteed a 500% profit (over that span-o'-time), they're more-than-likely not going to get involved.....much like their resistance to education-spending.​

I read in the paper where politicians from Wa. used that word after the pep rally from the president. Now I know what that closed door meeting with the democrats was about...or part of the meeting.
You're lucky. You weren't waiting-to-hear from The DICK; Cheney....​

November 16, 2005

"A White House document shows that executives from big oil companies met with Vice President Cheney's energy task force in 2001 -- something long suspected by environmentalists but denied as recently as last week by industry officials testifying before Congress.

The document, obtained this week by The Washington Post, shows that officials from Exxon Mobil Corp., Conoco (before its merger with Phillips), Shell Oil Co. and BP America Inc. met in the White House complex with the Cheney aides who were developing a national energy policy, parts of which became law and parts of which are still being debated.

In a joint hearing last week of the Senate Energy and Commerce committees, the chief executives of Exxon Mobil Corp., Chevron Corp. and ConocoPhillips said their firms did not participate in the 2001 task force. The president of Shell Oil said his company did not participate "to my knowledge," and the chief of BP America Inc. said he did not know.

Chevron was not named in the White House document, but the Government Accountability Office has found that Chevron was one of several companies that "gave detailed energy policy recommendations" to the task force. In addition, Cheney had a separate meeting with John Browne, BP's chief executive, according to a person familiar with the task force's work; that meeting is not noted in the document.

The task force's activities attracted complaints from environmentalists, who said they were shut out of the task force discussions while corporate interests were present. The meetings were held in secret and the White House refused to release a list of participants. The task force was made up primarily of Cabinet-level officials. Judicial Watch and the Sierra Club unsuccessfully sued to obtain the records."

HERE

From what I remember, Americans supported The Dick; Cheney's methods.

Unfortunately, Obama's Black....and, isn't entitled to such "passes".​

The fucking government already collects billions a year in state and federal gas and excise taxes that are supposed to be for the upkeep of our roads. That should be enough to keep all of our roads and bridges in good repair.

The reason that our roads and bridges are falling apart is not the lack of funding but rather the fucking idiots in government that waste it all.

Uh-huh...Who is the one running up to try and kick the football again, Charlie Brown?

Listen up Oddball.
I try to civil on these boards and when someone is right I tell them that they are right as I did with you on this thread and other threads.
But your MO on these boards is quite well known. You're one of these people who just can't stop themselves from being an ass.
Finally, this country's infrastructure seriously needs addressing. I bet you can't find any expert on infrastructure that would disagree with that statement. But because the government would be involved, you're content to let the US infrastructure to just keep on deteriorating.
Ideology over country,,,that's you in a nutshell.

The fucking government already collects billions a year in state and federal gas and excise taxes that are supposed to be for the upkeep of our roads. That should be enough to keep all of our roads and bridges in good repair.

The reason that our roads and bridges are falling apart is not the lack of funding but rather the fucking idiots in government that waste it all.
Bingo.

Somewhere around 20% of the funds in the highway trust fund end up going to urban mass transit scams, which don't fill one pothole or retrofit one bridge.

I could have sworn that the stimulus bill that O pushed was for infrastructure. 800billion later and we're still talking about it? Sorry, he ruined that one.
Yeah....."conservatives" came-to-the-rescue....right??

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Civil engineering group says US infrastructure underfunded

Yahoo! Groups

I guess it's a case of one's version of "lack of funding"?

Uh-huh...Who is the one running up to try and kick the football again, Charlie Brown?

Listen up Oddball.
I try to civil on these boards and when someone is right I tell them that they are right as I did with you on this thread and other threads.
But your MO on these boards is quite well known. You're one of these people who just can't stop themselves from being an ass.
Finally, this country's infrastructure seriously needs addressing. I bet you can't find any expert on infrastructure that would disagree with that statement. But because the government would be involved, you're content to let the US infrastructure to just keep on deteriorating.
Ideology over country,,,that's you in a nutshell.
Now you listen up, liberal bumpkin.

We've head about our "crumbling infrastructure" since at least the days of Hubert effing Humphrey ( I remember him, do you?), as code for "we need to raise your taxes and hire more bureaucrats".

In the meantime, the funds get funneled into entirely unrelated programs while the holy "infrastructure" keeps on a-crumbling....And naïve rubes like you wonder how in the world guys like me got so jaded.

But hey...You just go ahead and try to kick that football again, Charlie Brown.

Yahoo! Groups

Decades of wasting taxpayer dollars is the problem. Tell me how much money did the government confiscate from taxpayers for infrastructure since 1970 and how much of that actually went to fund work not a bunch of government committees?

Last edited:

Yahoo! Groups

Why did Rome fall?...Lack of funding.

SHEEEEESH! :rolleyes:

I could have sworn that the stimulus bill that O pushed was for infrastructure. 800billion later and we're still talking about it? Sorry, he ruined that one.
Yeah....."conservatives" came-to-the-rescue....right??

:rolleyes:

I have no idea what you're talking about, shaman, other than you're defending a failed 800Billion dollar stimulus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yahoo! Groups

Why did Rome fall?...Lack of funding.

SHEEEEESH! :rolleyes:

Why do you think Rome fell?

1. ChristianityOver time, Church leaders became influential and took away power from the emperor. Christian beliefs conflicted with the working of empire.
2. Barbarians and VandalsRome embraced the barbarians but also lost territory and revenue to them, especially in Carthaginian Africa, which they lost to the Vandals.
3. DecayCC Joe GeranioOne can spot decay in many areas going back to the crises of the Republic under the Gracchi, Sulla and Marius, but in the imperial period and in the military it meant men were no longer trained right and the invincible Roman army was no longer.
4. InflationBy the time of Claudius II Gothicus (268-270 A.D.) the amount of silver in a supposedly 100% silver denarius was only .02%. This led to or was severe inflation, depending on how you define inflation.
More Info
5. LeadThe presence of lead in the drinking water leached in from the water pipes, from glazes, and food preparation could have contributed to heavy metal poisoning. Lead was associated with contraception and recognized as a deadly poison.
6. EconomicEconomic factors are cited as a major cause of the fall of Rome. Some of the major factors, like inflation, are discussed elsewhere. But there were also lesser problems with the economy of Rome that combined together to escalate financial stress. These include:
•Poor management,
•The dole (bread and circuses), and
•Hoarding.
7. Division of the Empire
Public Domain. Courtesy of Wikipedia.The Roman Empire was split not just geographically, but culturally, with a Latin Empire and a Greek one, the latter of which may have survived because it had most of the population, a better military, more money, and better rule.
8. Hoarding and DeficitCauses of the fall of Rome include economic decay through hoarding of bullion, barbarian looting of the treasury, and trade deficit.

Why Did Rome Fall - Causes of the Fall of Rome

What a surprise, Rome fell because of division (sounds familiar), economics (familiar) and infrastructure (familiar).

You think people would learn from history.

Forum List

Back