The US may soften sanctions against Iran

ESay

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2015
The concessions will include permitting Iran to being connected to Swift and granting waivers to several countries such as China, Japan, S Korea, India and Turkey allowing them to continue buying Iranian oil.
It will be a good thing if all that will be the case.

Trump Admin Poised to Cave on Iran Sanctions

modi is making a big mistake. Politically---both Iran and China are
INDIA HATERS

Why the hell other than BRIC.......would I not like India.........they aren't the dang Islamist...........

In history..........they fought against East Pakistan.........which were allied to us..........beat them and Bangladesh became a country in it's place........divided the power of Pakistan...........which honestly wasn't a bad thing...............

INDIA HATERS
BRIC agreement seems to disagree with that.

sheeeeesh-----bric-----such a delight-----like EU
And alliance to break the U.S. dollar.........Petro dollar...........Russia, China, India and South Africa..........why S. Africa you might ask..........why they have a lot of gold mines..........

India?

brics_leaders_bank_071514.jpg

Forgot Brazil.

INDIA HATERS

sheeeeesh-----bric-----such a delight-----like EU
And alliance to break the U.S. dollar.........Petro dollar...........Russia, China, India and South Africa..........why S. Africa you might ask..........why they have a lot of gold mines..........

India?
yes..........with the other 4 countries...........purpose is to eventually unpeg the dollar............with new currency........

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4181069-u-s-allowing-china-russia-accumulate-gold-cheap

Summary
U.S. suppression of paper gold price allows China and Russia to accumulate physical gold reserves at a discount.

China understands a rising price of gold threatens U.S. dollar role as currency reserve of the World.

Central bank gold purchases up 42% in First Quarter.

McEwen Mining has huge beta to gold price.

The United States led effort to suppress the price of gold in order to preserve the premier status of the U.S. dollar is allowing China and Russia to capitalize by purchasing huge quantities of gold reserves at artificially low prices. In the first quarter of 2018, central bank net purchases rose 42% year over year. Russia has reported the largest gold purchases of late, but China may not be far behind. Central banks have purchased more gold than U.S. Treasuries over the past two years according to John Hathaway of the Tocqueville Funds in his September 2017 interview with Kitco.

don't confuse me-----I don't understand economics------I prefer trading
in sea shells

in sea shells
They want to change the world's reserve currency to theirs or another............The Dollar is the current World's reserve currency..........it is tied to Oil...........

They want to kill the dollar................

in sea shells
They want to change the world's reserve currency to theirs or another............The Dollar is the current World's reserve currency..........it is tied to Oil...........

There is no such thing as world's reserved currency. Most of them (BRICS) were pretty happy trading in dollars until recently. China and Russia both took a shortcut to economic growth by riding the dollar. However, this dependency on dollar made them vulnerable to US sanctions. So they decided to come up with an alternative to trading in dollar. Not all BRICS nations have bilateral trade in their own currencies. Some still do trade in dollar. BRICS is a trading block similar to SCO. It was not designed to promote or demote a currency.

India feels that its currency is seriously undervalued under current world order. Therefore, it undermines its purchasing power in the international market. As a result, India has been looking to promote trade in Indian rupee for quite sometime now. It is nothing new. It is just that only in past few years, more and more countries have come forward to trade with India in rupee or in their own currencies.

I cannot speak for the rest of the BRICS nations. As far as India is concerned, it maintains friendly disposition towards US.

in sea shells

There is no such thing as world's reserved currency. Most of them (BRICS) were pretty happy trading in dollars until recently. China and Russia both took a shortcut to economic growth by riding the dollar. However, this dependency on dollar made them vulnerable to US sanctions. So they decided to come up with an alternative to trading in dollar. Not all BRICS nations have bilateral trade in their own currencies. Some still do trade in dollar. BRICS is a trading block similar to SCO. It was not designed to promote or demote a currency.

India feels that its currency is seriously undervalued under current world order. Therefore, it undermines its purchasing power in the international market. As a result, India has been looking to promote trade in Indian rupee for quite sometime now. It is nothing new. It is just that only in past few years, more and more countries have come forward to trade with India in rupee or in their own currencies.

I cannot speak for the rest of the BRICS nations. As far as India is concerned, it maintains friendly disposition towards US.
Hope you are right then............and hope I'm wrong

INDIA HATERS

Iran is not part of BRICS. Although iRosie is wrong in saying that Iran hates India but Iran is certainly not in love with India. Iran was happy to drop all trade agreements with India as soon as sanctions on it were lifted under Obama administration. Iran is back to trading with India as soon as Trump imposed sanctions on it. This is business. It is not hard to imagine that every country has people who need basic necessities to get by. Trade and commerce is the best way to uplift standard of living. This is why India trades with US and this is why India trades with Russia or Iran or China or Japan or ... You get the picture. As far as India is concerned, its trade is aimed at improving the lives of average Indians. It is not aimed at challenging dollar or any country.

China has attacked India quite a few times. Not too long ago, there was a serious military standoff between India and China. So there is some hate in China towards India but at the end of the day, China too has mouth to feed and therefore trade and commerce with India becomes an inevitability for China. To my surprise, trade between India and China have gone really up.

Forum List

Back