How China is helping Iran skirt US sanctions

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Iran - China tie is deepening.

---

2958385.jpg

Shortly after the Trump administration reimposed sweeping sanctions on the Islamic Republic of Iran, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made an important announcement. It was a calculated move to avoid a major embarrassment. The hawks in the power corridors of Washington had anticipated the backlash of sanctions on US foreign policy with many global powers rebuffing Trump’s foolhardy move.

Pompeo said eight countries would be exempted from the draconian sanctions on buying Iranian crude oil due to special circumstances. The countries included China, India, Italy, Greece, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Turkey.

Many of these countries had quite clearly indicated that they would not be cutting oil imports from Iran under the US pressure, most importantly China, Turkey, and India – three of Iran’s largest oil customers.

While India has its own strategic interests in maintaining good relations with Tehran, for instance, the Chabahar port project in Sistan-Baluchistan, Turkey’s relations with Washington have hit a new low following sanctions and trade tariffs imposed by the US.

China, which has emerged as a viable counterweight to US hegemony in the world and a protagonist of new international economic policy, has unambiguously reaffirmed its commitment to keep alive the Iran nuclear deal and stand by the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Iran - China tie is deepening.

---

2958385.jpg

Shortly after the Trump administration reimposed sweeping sanctions on the Islamic Republic of Iran, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made an important announcement. It was a calculated move to avoid a major embarrassment. The hawks in the power corridors of Washington had anticipated the backlash of sanctions on US foreign policy with many global powers rebuffing Trump’s foolhardy move.

Pompeo said eight countries would be exempted from the draconian sanctions on buying Iranian crude oil due to special circumstances. The countries included China, India, Italy, Greece, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Turkey.

Many of these countries had quite clearly indicated that they would not be cutting oil imports from Iran under the US pressure, most importantly China, Turkey, and India – three of Iran’s largest oil customers.

While India has its own strategic interests in maintaining good relations with Tehran, for instance, the Chabahar port project in Sistan-Baluchistan, Turkey’s relations with Washington have hit a new low following sanctions and trade tariffs imposed by the US.

China, which has emerged as a viable counterweight to US hegemony in the world and a protagonist of new international economic policy, has unambiguously reaffirmed its commitment to keep alive the Iran nuclear deal and stand by the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Yeah the YANKS did that,way back during the Iran-Iraq War....Remember Ollie North,The Contras,Supplying both sides

Your Post is Shallow,Your Argument Weak,and You are a Myopic Pathetic...Off to the Naughty Corner Punk

And Trumpo the Clown stands by The Saudi LIAR

Good.

1) Iran is little more than a neocon wet dream. There are little to no hard facts that they are helping Yemen. They are helping the elected leader of Syria get his country back - largely from known terrorists - which I am fine with. And they are helping Hezbollah who are trying to stop Israel's Apartheid-like stranglehold on the Palestinians (though I do NOT agree with the way they are doing it). Besides, Israel has killed many times more innocent civilians than Hezbollah has killed innocent Israeli's.
Iran's reputation as the leading exporter of terrorism is ridiculously over rated.
Anyway, America has killed more innocent civilians since 9/11 than any terrorist group could ever hope to.

2) Israel has nukes. Israel and Iran are enemies. So, Iran wants nukes as well. I see nothing wrong with that.
And save the bullshit 'wipe Israel off the map' nonsense. A) that was ridiculously misinterpreted. B), the guy who said it is not in charge any longer. And c) they would not do it anyway as they know if they attack Israel with nukes, Israel will wipe Iran off the map. MAD works...always has.
So long as Israel has nukes, I see no reason why Iran should not have the right to develop them either (though I would rather neither had them).

3) Iran has apparently not violated - IN ANY WAY - the agreement they signed on nukes. And I am sick of the Iranian people having to suffer from these ridiculous embargoes.

Iran are not saints. But they have done far, far, FAR less wrong since 9/11 then America has. It's time to stop making Iran out to be 'evil' and allow them back into the world. It would be good for peace, good for the world, good for oil prices and good for the innocent, Iranian civilians.

If China is helping Iran 'skirt' the embargo? Power to them.

Last edited:
Good.

1) Iran is little more than a neocon wet dream. There are little to no hard facts that they are helping Yemen. They are helping the elected leader of Syria get his country back - largely from known terrorists - which I am fine with. And they are helping Hezbollah who are trying to stop Israel's Apartheid-like stranglehold on the Palestinians (though I do NOT agree with the way they are doing it). Besides, Israel has killed many times more innocent civilians than Hezbollah has killed innocent Israeli's.
Iran's reputation as the leading exporter of terrorism is ridiculously over rated.
Anyway, America has killed more innocent civilians since 9/11 than any terrorist group could ever hope to.

2) Israel has nukes. Israel and Iran are enemies. So, Iran wants nukes as well. I see nothing wrong with that.
And save the bullshit 'wipe Israel off the map' nonsense. A) that was ridiculously misinterpreted. B), the guy who said it is not in charge any longer. And c) they would not do it anyway as they know if they attack Israel with nukes, Israel will wipe Iran off the map. MAD works...always has.
So long as Israel has nukes, I see no reason why Iran should not have the right to develop them either (though I would rather neither had them).

3) Iran has apparently not violated - IN ANY WAY - the agreement they signed on nukes. And I am sick of the Iranian people having to suffer from these ridiculous embargoes.

Iran are not saints. But they have done far, far, FAR less wrong since 9/11 then America has. It's time to stop making Iran out to be 'evil' and allow them back into the world. It would be good for peace, good for the world, good for oil prices and good for the innocent, Iranian civilians.

Yep McRocket tell it like it is,watch out for the bric-braks though, from the Medieval Neocons Nincompoops

Good.

Yep McRocket tell it like it is,watch out for the bric-braks though, from the Medieval Neocons Nincompoops
Thanks, but your post was more colourful and entertaining.
You have a way with words.
'Medieval Neocons Nincompoops'?
LOL...I will have to remember that one.

Last edited:
Good.

Yeah ? but Rocket it is so True

Good.

Yeah ? but Rocket it is so True

Agreed.

Forum List

Back