The US is now in the hands of a group of extremists

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<h2><a href=http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,3858,4844214-103677,00.html>Fundamentalism has spawned an ideology of American supremacy </a></h2>

George Soros
Monday January 26, 2004
The Guardian

<i>The invasion of Iraq was the first practical application of the pernicious Bush doctrine of pre-emptive military action, and it elicited an allergic reaction worldwide - not because anyone had a good word to say about Saddam Hussein, but because we insisted on invading Iraq unilaterally without any clear evidence that he had anything to do with September 11 or that he possessed weapons of mass destruction.

The gap in perceptions between America and the rest of the world has never been wider. Abroad, America is seen as abusing the dominant position it occupies; opinion at home has been led to believe that Saddam posed a clear and present danger to national security. Only in the aftermath of the Iraqi invasion are people becoming aware they have been misled.

Even today, many people believe that September 11 justifies behaviour that would be unacceptable in normal times. The ideologues of American supremacy and President Bush personally never cease to remind us that September 11 changed the world. It is only as the untoward consequences of the invasion of Iraq become apparent that people are beginning to realise something has gone woefully wrong.

We have fallen into a trap. The suicide bombers' motivation seemed incomprehensible at the time of the attack; now a light begins to dawn: they wanted us to react the way we did. Perhaps they understood us better than we understand ourselves.

And we have been deceived. When he stood for election in 2000, President Bush promised a humble foreign policy. I contend that the Bush administration has deliberately exploited September 11 to pursue policies that the American public would not have otherwise tolerated. The US can lose its dominance only as a result of its own mistakes. At present the country is in the process of committing such mistakes because it is in the hands of a group of extremists whose strong sense of mission is matched only by their false sense of certitude.

This distorted view postulates that because we are stronger than others, we must know better and we must have right on our side. That is where religious fundamentalism comes together with market fundamentalism to form the ideology of American supremacy.</i>

What Mr. Soros describes here is nothing more, and nothing less, than fascism. An administration with dreams of a New American Century and the formation of an American hegemony, and apparently willing to sacrifice us all on the altar of those dreams.

POSTED ALREADY!!!

And I'll give you the same reply I gave Bamthin in the Iraq forum:

Is this the same George Soros who donated $5 million dollars to the tinfoil hat wearers at moveon.org? The very same one who donated $15.5 million to the Democratic party? The one who said defeating Bush is "the focus of his life" and that it's a "matter of life and death"?

and the dems are 'afraid' of the 'rich' Republicans?:tinfoil:

Originally posted by jimnyc

Is this the same George Soros who donated $5 million dollars to the tinfoil hat wearers at moveon.org? The very same one who donated $15.5 million to the Democratic party? The one who said defeating Bush is "the focus of his life" and that it's a "matter of life and death"?

Tinfoil hat wearers? Uh yeah, whatever. $15 million BFD...Dubbyuh's shooting for $200 million for his PRIMARY war chest...THat doesn't even count what will be raised for the general election. Talk about obscene...

And yeah, it is a matter of life and death, the lives and deaths of American soldiers for Dubbyuh's ill-concieved foreign adventurism. And let's not forget the civilians in Iraq or wherever else this twisted cabal decides to send troops.

Bush $ comes from many like myself, $25. per pop. Soros is in a whole other sphere, buying the enchilada. Dems will be sorry for this, no doubt.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Checked your B/P lately, you may be having a sub-arachnoid bleed.

Be well.

Thanks for your concern!

My blood pressure is fine. I get the occasional head throb reading the nonstop stories by freaks that need to be institutionalized. Soros has a few screws loose upstairs.

And yes, the people at moveon.org are the worst tinfoil hat wearers of them all as they cater to an audience. They rarely try to get their point across with any facts, and when they do they spin it to previously unreached levels. Either you love them (they do have a tinfoil following) or you laugh at them like the rest of the world does.

George Soros has zero credibility with me.

Here is someone who made billions from the American system who now wants to use the government to keep others from having an equal opportunity.

He is a snake.

Originally posted by wonderwench
George Soros has zero credibility with me.

Here is someone who made billions from the American system who now wants to use the government to keep others from having an equal opportunity.

He is a snake.

Or maybe he wants to make certain that such an opportunity remains available for all, rather than a select few.

Forum List

Back