The unsuspected feet of clay

Mr. Sauerkraut

Dec 23, 2010
Heart of Germany
Hi.

When I think over the newest inventions in several industries, I´m asking myself how it would be when the´ll come. By many of them, big collapses and turnovers are pre-programmed.

Food Industry:

Stem cell meat

It sounds good. If this works (and it will), look the advantages: No antibiotika, no hormones, no methan farting cows, no big transport (because of the possibility of an decentral production) is needed any longer. Meat and even Fish, what means that the overfishing problem is history too, can be produced always and everywhere without need to produce an animal first and kill it then. But: What about the farmers, the breeders, the food industry, the veterinans, the truck drivers? All history, all gone.

Traffic:

Auto Pilot Car

If this works, who needs an own car anymore? If I need one I call it, it comes, brings me wherever i want and drives to the next customer after i´ve arrived. What about the driving schools, the cab companies and...the insurances? Even the Emergency Ambulances will get much less to do. Yes this is "future music" (we say so in german) but that doesn´t mean that it won´t come.

Last edited:
Why is this in stocks instead of economics? There is no direct investment being critiqued in the OP so I have trouble seeing what the connection to the stock market is.

The key to every successful investment is a) information and b) transfer. The further you anticipate a development, the better you can gain your profit and ban any losses. Isn´t that what stock option dealers usually are doing?

True but the x and DARPA prizes already give such information and even in the case of DARPA the information is usually declassified.

The key to every successful investment is a) information and b) transfer. The further you anticipate a development, the better you can gain your profit and ban any losses. Isn´t that what stock option dealers usually are doing?

Well said , but finding that reliable source of information is another difficult thing to do .
You should have your own resources and should be reliable . The info gahered or obtained from other resources mostly manipulate the market .

Feet of clay?

I thought they were part iron, too?

Well, when the stem cell food is coming, i wouldn´t buy any monsanto stocks if they have passed this technology.

BTW: I won´t buy anything from this evil company anyway. Even if these murderers and bastards have made a 3bn profit last year.

Forum List

Back