The Unbearable Child

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Madeline, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Dr. Phil had this chick on today who has an adopted seven year old son from a Russian orphanage. It sounded as if they boy was about three when she adopted him, and Dr. Phil was merrily discussing all the chick's failures as a parent because her discipline, though extreme, has not produced any positive results.

You may recall this story, from earlier this year....

Incident with Russia opens window on issue: Overseas adoptions not always a blessing | cleveland.com

Why are we so fearful of speaking the truth about damaged kids? I dun know if these children have "oppositional personality disorder" or are a "bad seed"....some kids do not develop the emotional equipment necessary to function in a private home. Once they get to be school age and are too big to physically control, they very often require institutionalization for their safety and the safety of their families and neighborhoods.

There were some telling facts about today's guest on Dr. Phil that I see over and over....

* Although the chick is married, her husband refused to attend and spoke, in his statement, only about how disappointed he is that his wife has failed to socialize the child. As if he has no part to play.

* She has five other children at home, all of whom are afraid of this boy.

* She's taken the child to every doctor and therapist she could find. All promised to help and none did.

* The school and the neighbors are leaning on this chick to "control the child", the one thing she very clearly cannot do. No one in her shoes could.

* Even her own mother blamed the child's misconduct -- which is extreme -- on this chick.

Apparently, blaming women is easier than facing facts: some kids are FUBAR, it is not always the chick's fault and there needs to be safe institutional care for these little people for all our sakes.

Your thoughts?

2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Any human that goes on Dr. Phil is a failure in any case.

3. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    I think the reasons, particularly with children from Russia, is that they are put in orphanages at birth, they have no real contacts that are nurturing, loving, nothing. Have you not ever seen documentaries about Russian orphanages? Crib after crib after crib that the children never leave, no real medical attention, malnutrition, mistreatment, ignored, no social interaction with anybody - it's no wonder they're so anti-social and almost impossible to deal with. They are emotionally dead.

It's not enough to just adopt one of these children and think you're doing a good deed. It takes a very, very special person to deal with these children. It's not just about putting a roof over their head and feeding them. It takes a lot of time, attention, patience and nurturing and even then some of these children are still not going to be able to be healed. It's not a walk in the park to raise these children. They are like the walking dead.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  4. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,710
    A little know fact about children, especially young ones is this: If they are under two years old and you don't like them, for whatever reason, you can return them to the store.

5. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    Chick????? Come on Maddie your better than that!

6. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    These people that adopt these kids have pie in the sky dreams, when in all reality.... they got there too late in the kids life to REALLY have an impact on their character.

Only God can help those kids.

Sad story indeed...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,441
    Apparently not in Connecticut.
    38 years ago I brought my first son home from the hospital. He was just 20 hours old. On the way into the house, I checked his diaper and sure enough, it was wet. The wife was still pretty beat up so I figured I could handle it this one time. I laid him down on the bed and unpinned the diaper and pulled it down. The little bugger peed right in my eye! Danbury hospital refused to take him back.

8. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    No she is not!!! She is being HORRID!!! Just HORRID!!!!! :eek:

9. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,710
    You must have lost the receipt. You have to have the original receipt...

10. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Kids raised by the state, with no interference from parents to give them a bad diet, racial or religious prejudice.

Woo hoo!

Live it, learn it, love it!