Dreams and reality

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
In the latest episode of "The Waking Dead," there are some scenes played out at an old quarry which, when I saw it, gave me goosebumps. That is exactly like the quarry I used to have a recurring dream about. I had this dream so often that I did a sketch of it, and thereafter cut out pictures from magazines to compare with my sketch but nothing has come close until now.

The dream action was me doing a swan dive off the very top, after much trepidation because I didn't know what I was diving into (slimy green mess with unknown critters lying beneath). But I did it anyway, swam around in the murky water, then got out and tried to make my way back up the rocky ledge. I could see the road at the top, but just couldn't reach it. Although I was never afraid of falling in the dream, no matter which route I tried up those rocks, there was always an obstacle. Then I would wake up.

I know a lot of pyschoanalysis can be had from that dream as to what it represented in my waking life, but it's curious that I only lived near a quarry when I was a very small child of around 5, and although I knew where it was, I was forbidden to go near it because supposedly it was a "bottomless pit." I never got to actually see that quarry, so how would I know what it looked like? And why would this one in "The Walking Dead" look so familiar?

I'd love to know where it was filmed, but can't find any information posted by AMC or any of the entertainment reviewers. The closest I could come to even capturing the image was the one below, but unfortunately it has speech balloons incorporated. If it's in a location I've never been to, then I might become a believer in reincarnation! Or maybe the location was used in another movie I've seen and long since consciously forgotten.

Any thoughts?

Shane-Punches-Ed.jpg

‘The Walking Dead’ heats up Atlanta with zombies | Radio & TV Talk

Atlanta is very much a character in the show. Promos show the city skyline from Freedom Parkway. Grimes and a pack of zombies face off in downtown Atlanta on Forsyth St. Refugees hide out at the former Bellwood Quarry four miles northwest of Atlanta. In later episodes, pivotal scenes feature the Atlanta Civic Center and Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre.

Last edited:
‘The Walking Dead’ heats up Atlanta with zombies | Radio & TV Talk

Atlanta is very much a character in the show. Promos show the city skyline from Freedom Parkway. Grimes and a pack of zombies face off in downtown Atlanta on Forsyth St. Refugees hide out at the former Bellwood Quarry four miles northwest of Atlanta. In later episodes, pivotal scenes feature the Atlanta Civic Center and Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre.

YAY!! Thanks much. I'll look there.

You likely saw a picture of it at some point and dont remember seeing the picture and your brain used that picture to come up with a visual for your dream.

Oh ma god. This is IT!! Never been to Atlanta in my life. Hmm, perhaps in another life I was an honest to goodness Southern Bell who used to picnic with my suitor there, sipping Mint Juleps (n' other stuff). Or maybe I was a smartass redneck who took a swan dive on a double dare and never came up.

3590924604_efae769531.jpg

THANKS, TM!

You likely saw a picture of it at some point and dont remember seeing the picture and your brain used that picture to come up with a visual for your dream.

Either that or I really did see the quarry when I was five (or younger). Could be my father or another relative drove out there and I was in the car. I do remember not having any interest in exploring it on my own or with other kids because I was afraid ("bottomless pit" was rather ominous).

So Mags, will you take a pilgrimage to the quarry?

Probably not a pilgrimage, but I am thinking about driving down to Florida in the spring to visit an old friend whom I might not see again if I don't go soon. And I might make a side trip.

New Topics

Forum List

Back