The ultimate 2nd amendment poll!

What's your take on American citizens and firearms?

• The second amendment is very clear: "Shall not be infringed."

Votes: 82 78.1%
  • Ban all automaticweapons for citizens

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Ban all semi-automatic weapons for citizens

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Ban all weapons including muzzle loaders

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Ban knives

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban forks and pencils too

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Woooo...I think the 2nd amendment is very clear. Any weapon the government has, the people should have. We will need to be on equal footing if we ever want to overthrow the government like we overthrew the one in the late 18th century. That is the purpose of the 2nd amendment. I will let this picture explain it more easily:

77019_544097202284500_1580998722_n.jpg

Last edited:
Woooo...I think the 2nd amendment is very clear. Any weapon the government has, the people should have. We will need to be on equal footing if we ever want to overthrow the government like we overthrew the one in the late 18th century. That is the purpose of the 2nd amendment. I will let this picture explain it more easily:

So...I can have an ICBM with a MIRV nuclear warhead?

COOL! I'll aim at YOUR house! And, your family and inlaws too!

Is that OK with you?

There is a whole spectrum of issues regarding arms.

Say you are allowed to buy an AR-15. Should you have to register it?

The AR-15 is semi-automatic. Should we be allowed to buy an automatic like, say, an AK-47?

Should you have to register a handgun?

Should you have to pass a background check to own a firearm?

Who should be excluded from owning a firearm? Ex-cons? For how long?

The mentally disabled?

Someone who was hospitalized for a couple weeks for suicide? For how long?

Someone on medication? Antidepressants?

Should guns be banned from school zones?

A simple poll does not answer these questions. A person may believe they support the 2nd amendment 100 percent, but feel that you should get a background check and register your gun, while another person may feel that background checks and gun registration violate the 2nd amendment.

So it is possible for two people to think they are "pro-gun" and have wildly disparate beliefs about what that means.

There is a whole spectrum of issues regarding arms.

Say you are allowed to buy an AR-15. Should you have to register it?

The AR-15 is semi-automatic. Should we be allowed to buy an automatic like, say, an AK-47?

Should you have to register a handgun?

Should you have to pass a background check to own a firearm?

Who should be excluded from owning a firearm? Ex-cons? For how long?

The mentally disabled?

Someone who was hospitalized for a couple weeks for suicide? For how long?

Someone on medication? Antidepressants?

Should guns be banned from school zones?

A simple poll does not answer these questions. A person may believe they support the 2nd amendment 100 percent, but feel that you should get a background check and register your gun, while another person may feel that background checks and gun registration violate the 2nd amendment.

So it is possible for two people to think they are "pro-gun" and have wildly disparate beliefs about what that means.

Just like the AR-15... The AK-47 is also semi-automatic, and perfectly legal to own. As for the rest of your points... The Second Amendment is fairly clear.

Is that OK with you?

Nope... I wouldn't trust you with a plastic butter knife... You might hurt yourself.

tjvh, good thing it's not up to you to make rules for everyone else then, even though I am sure you would love to be emperor.

tjvh, good thing it's not up to you to make rules for everyone else then, even though I am sure you would love to be emperor.

Nope... Our Founders saw fit to allow for our Freedoms. You're more than welcome not to exercise yours, but when you feel obligated to trample my Rights based on your own ideology, then we have a problem. The Second Amendment is pretty clear, and we don't need ideological interpretations of it by people who profess to know what is in other people's best interests.

Does this include nuclear weapons?

Does this include nuclear weapons?

The fact that people cannot afford them, or acquire the resources to build one makes your silly point just that... Silly.

Nope... Our Founders saw fit to allow for our Freedoms. You're more than welcome not to exercise yours, but when you feel obligated to trample my Rights based on your own ideology, then we have a problem. The Second Amendment is pretty clear, and we don't need ideological interpretations of it by people who profess to know what is in other people's best interests.

What exactly is your point? Founders never "allowed" anything, they merely sought to safeguard rights...I don't want to take away your right to do anything.

edit: Oh I get it, I thought you were quoting me but you were quoting the dumbass that talked about nukes. Sorry my bad. :)

Last edited:

It's ILLEGAL to sell fully automatic weapons to the general public in the USA, PERIOD. They can only be legally sold as SEMIautomtic weapons.

You are soooo mistaken.

Well, if a person can find a weapon manufactured prior to May 19, 1986 and a class III seller is willing to part with it, and you're willing to pay a LOT of money, I guess you can. But the general public can't just walk into a gun store and buy an automatic weapon without jumping through a LOT of hoops.

There are currently 37 states here in the U.S. that allow the possession of automatic weapons. The requirements are that you submit an application to BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco &, Firearms & Explosives. As part of that application a complete criminal background investigation is done and you must submit a set of current fingerprints as part of the process.(Finger Prints fee's vary from $15-$20 depending on the state of residence)

Once approved, you will be required to pay a one-time fee of $200 for a Federal Tax Stamp per weapon (There are NO, REPEAT NO additional FEE'S,Dealer's Licenses or anything additional required!!)

With the GCA of 1986 (Gun Control Act) Civilians are not allowed to posess fully automatic weapons unless they were manufactured prior to 1986. The weapons manufactured before 1986 are "Grandfathered" meaning they can still be LEGALLY transfered thru a licensed/bonded Class III NFA Weapons Dealer.NO fully automatic weapons made after 1968 are legal for civilians to own or possess.

In addition the permit once issued requires that the permit be with the registered licensed weapon at all times and especially when transported. You must also show proof that the registered weapon is stored in a safe or locked container that meets BATFE guidelines. Issuing the Permit also allows BATFE to make a personal inspection of your residence or storage area once annually.(Usually announced prior by appointment)

Several states have their own state restrictions or laws of ownership for these weapons and a person who is licensed with the weapon is subject to the state laws of any state he visits or may travel thru.

If you can find a grandfathered AK-47 or M-16 you can technically purchase it but they are extremely rare and quite expensive......You would be better suited to pick something easier to obtain
Source(s):

Gunsmith/Gun Shop Owner-Broker-Dealer
Class III Weapons Owner (22 Years)
NRA Life Member/Retired LEO/Detective

Is it legal to own or buy a fully automatic firearm? - Yahoo! Answers

Last edited:

Is that OK with you?

why....is he aiming his guns at you?.....

Forum List

Back