The Trump legal arguments involving Presidential immunity

If thats so, Biden could send in goons to wipe out all the Republican members of Congress, and string up Trump live on TV, and nothing could be done about it.

Yea...no.

I have a feeling they will not like this precedent they are trying to set once it is applied to a Dem POTUS and not their god Trump

I have a feeling they will not like this precedent they are trying to set once it is applied to a Dem POTUS and not their god Trump
I mean, the moment the ruling came out, the goon squad could start rolling. What would Johnson have done? He would have rounded up the ones he didn't like and put them in prison, or had them drafted by the Army.

Welcome to the new normal of Trumpery.

Police are investigating a swatting incident at the New York home of the judge set to hear closing arguments later Thursday morning in the business fraud trial of former President Donald Trump.

An email making a threat to the home of Judge Arthur Engoron was sent to a Long Island newspaper, Nassau County Police told CNBC.

The newspaper called cops at 5:30 a.m. to relay the threat, police said.

Officers who responded to Engoron’s home did not find a threat to the judge at the residence.

Trump fraud trial judge home was swatting target, police say

If you are an officer of the court involved in a Trump case you can expect to have your world turned upside down by the mob.

Nope. Latter conduct is still punishable. Nothing on the Constitution says otherwise.

While in office the remedy is to impeach (a near possibility in this partisan landscape) and to prosecute as a criminal matter once
He has been removed from office.

Trump is trying to claim that without conviction in the a senate he can never be prosecuted.

Absurd

The issue seems to be can a President be prosecuted for official acts as President? Because he made a poor decision, can he be prosecuted for it?
I would say a President is protected for those decisions.

But what if it is found the reason for the decision was illegal?
A Presidential Pardon is an official act, but if he is paid for the pardon, it is illegal

Trump is being prosecuted for acts that have nothing to do with his decisions as President

Already a thread on this but berg being slow on the uptake is normal for him. He seems really dense.

Then why isn't Joe Biden in prison?
I don't know.
Teabaggers have mountains of charges against him.
But not one teabagger is willing to testify to back up those charges?
Reminds me of.................Their dear leader.

1704986511933.png

How about the guy who shit on the walls?
Fine him 50 bucks and be done with it. All of these cases are probably about to be dropped once the SC rules on the egregious incorrect use of the sarbanes-oxley law to prosecute the people of jan 6. The biden regime looks like some 1970s authoritarian communist russian throwback. Its abhorrent.

Forum List

Back