The Tide is Changing?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lumpy 1, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    Is it possible that, "The People" are coming to their senses in regards to, "Big Government".

Well, I would hope so but the change should start at the top given the power grabs over the American people in the past 3 1/2 years especially.

------------------------------:eusa_eh:

Only 7% Support Legal Reasoning That Led to Greater Government Regulation

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In 1942, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the federal government could regulate how much wheat a farmer could grow on his own property for his own use. That ruling dramatically enhanced the power of the federal government by making almost all economic activity subject to federal regulation as “interstate commerce." However, voters today overwhelmingly reject that underlying argument.

Only 7% Support Legal Reasoning That Led to Greater Government Regulation - Rasmussen Reports™

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,956
    I agree with you, Lumpy...and have reason to believe that what you say is true....

I have never seen this much interest in politics, the Constitution, and the beliefs of our politicians, before.

And the irony is, that we have Barack Hussein Obama (peace be on him) to thank. Had he been a polished and experienced pol, they might have been able to continue, piecemeal, until all of America was gone.

He did such a poor job of hiding his design, that folks have behaved as Admiral Yamamoto predicted re: the attack on Pearl Harbor-
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I just ordered "Hostile Takeover: Resisting Centralized Government's Stranglehold on America [Hardcover]"
    by Matt Kibbe

This, from one of the Amazon reviews:

"All-in-all, Kibbe provides an awesome addition to a growing list of powerful Tea Party-inspired, minimal government books that are reshaping our intellectual landscape. "

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. bitterlyclingin

bitterlyclingin Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +449
    I used to share a benchtop for lunch break with an old Norwegian toolmaker and his favortite phrase was "The bottleneck is always at the top". With Obama, so is the shredding of the Constitution.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    :clap2::clap2:..Applauding the previous 2 members..:D

5. Sinjorri

Sinjorri Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +267
    I hope there is a change, but im hoping people do it because they educated themselves and made teh decision, not like dems that bring people to their side for any reason. Just educate urself, be aware and understand what both parties are about.

PErsonally i can do with less government in my life and im okay with some of hte social programs that help people but LET me decide where my taxes go to and who it helps and let me know people arent striving to want to be lazy. WHen i hear 20 year old kids tell me they are are already tired of working it scares me that theyd rather sit home and play xbox or whatever is the rage and let hte government pay their way.

6. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Don't Count on it. Most people only pay Lip Service to the Idea, then they go vote their Pocket books and not their Principles.

7. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,949
    People agree with anything that sounds good, in a vague sort of way - like being against "more government control" - which is a phrase right out of a sci-fi movie.

It's a whole different story when you get into specifics.

8. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    " Is it possible that, "The People" are coming to their senses in regards to, "Big Government". "

I dunno man, there's a lot of people who already have their hands in the cookie jar. They're okay with cutting somebody else's bennies, but not their own. I worry that we may have to suffer through a very bad depression before the country as a whole forces the issue one way or another. And whichever way they move may not be the best one either.

9. Sinjorri

Sinjorri Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +267
    thats the problem hands in teh cookie jars and whos got the stones to cut those arms off?

10. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    This entire Debate about the Nanny State Big Government vs Limited Government. It would die right down if we had robust Private Sector Growth. Most Americans are only thinking about it because the Economy is in the shitter. Get some Good Growth and Revenue Rolling in and most will forget about it. Only the Diehards like my self would be left arguing against the Growth of the size and scope of Government.

Sad but true.