The Thread in Which We Appreciate...RAIN!!!

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Among many of the comically fucked-up qualities of my state, the constant droughts rank quite high, so you can imagine I just LOVE the heavy rain downpour in my personal redwood forest right now. What a soothing sight and sound, to see such a silvery curtain of water circulating and swirling outside among the forest in my windows and hearing its continuous, all-persuasive whispering in its secret, precipitation language.

I honestly believe the reason why us human beings find the sound of flowing water (rain, surf, nearby waterfall, etc.) so hypnotic and relaxing is because it brings back subconscious memories of when we were nice and comfy in the womb, surrounded by warm, flowing water and its sound. And the rhythmic, neighboring sound of our mothers' heartbeats. I think that's why it's instinctive I feel so relaxed while I watch/listen to the rain outside while relaxing in front of a heater vent. Now that's a cheap, natural high that requires no drug of any kind.

Gimme me rainstorm and a hot heater vent and I feel perfectly satisfied without a drop of beer or a hit of weed, as I do now.

Last edited:
Porch swing. Cup of coffee. Cool breeze. Rain with thunder in the distance. Heaven.

I thank God every time it rains..almost.

It rains here a LOT..I mean..really a LOT.

We need more rain. Been dry here for sometime. Got a little a couple of days ago.

I thank God every time it rains..almost.

It rains here a LOT..I mean..really a LOT.

The more it rains, the less you have to worry about water conservation, so that's a practical advantage right there. Did you know that in the 12 or 13 times I've been to HI, I've always stayed on the wet, rain-battered, eastern halves of each island, not the desert, touristy western halves? Because the sudden mass rain-explosions (often accompanied by random rainbows to add to the scenery splendor) are part of the charm and they give the Hawaiian islands it's lushest, most gonzo-looking, larger-than-life scenery. Not to mention the most garguantuan waterfalls in the Pacific Ocean!

I love rain! love it!

It washes everything clean! love it!

I like my rain purple.

maxresdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back