The Thing Feared Most About Trump...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Boss, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,999
    I think you are way overestimating the value of his opinion or haven't bought a grande latte at Starbucks lately. ;)

2. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,999
    All you have are memes.

Hey look... I want Trump to stumble too... really, I do! I am a Ted Cruz guy, I want Cruz to be the GOP nominee for president. Obviously, he has to beat Trump. But I am watching the same polls as you and I realize he could win the nomination. Throwing up these little silly memes is not going to sway his supporters. Pretending he is irrelevant, will probably drop out or run third party, is not going to change reality. Smearing and jeering doesn't seem to do anything but make him more popular. Is that the plan? Are you doing this in order to ensure he wins the nomination? If so, that's fine but you better be figuring out what you're going to do when he's running against Hillary in the general.

3. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,870
    He doesn't have enough support, you know? He and Cruz have to split the extremists in the republican party and then they have to have a high turnout. He's doing well right now but in the general? He won't be taking dems away from Hillary.

4. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,999
    First of all, I take exception with "extremists" when you mean to say "conservatives." The conservatives are the polar opposite of extremists.... by fucking definition.

Now... In the general election, the conservative vote will not be split between Trump and Cruz as it is in the primary. They won't be running against each other unless one of them runs third party. It's possible they could end up on the same ticket. Also... of ALL the GOP candidates, Trump is more likely to snag some former Democrat voters than pretty much anyone. I will agree, if you are 100% committed to Hillary Clinton at this time, Trump will probably not sway your vote.

One thing that will be much bigger than anyone is considering is voter turnout. And again, this goes back to the OP point of Trump being an anomaly. I would be willing to bet there are people out there who have not voted in years, perhaps not ever voted before, who will turn out to vote for Donald J. Trump. How many? No one knows... it's an unknown variable, which is what everyone fears about Trump. Meanwhile, the liberal left are frustrated... Hillary is not their candidate... Bernie is, but he's not going to win the nomination. Many of them are going to do like many conservatives did in 2008 and 2012 and sit this one out.

I fully expect you to downplay Trump's chances, after all, that's part of the game. He's not electable, can't win, not a serious candidate... I understand why you have to say this stuff. At the end of the day we'll have an election and we'll see.

5. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,870
    So now you say Trump and Cruz, both TPers, extreme, birther, homophobic, anti female, dirtballs are mainstream conservatives?

Doesn't matter. Neither are going anywhere near the WH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,999
    No... that is what YOU are saying and then ridiculously trying to claim that I am saying.

And newsflash: If they get 270 electoral votes, they will be heading to the white house.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. 555

555 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    You bitch and moan about politicians. Now comes the "un-politician" who's willing to step up to lead ...and what do we hear...bitching and moaning...from folks who are comfortable with the status quo and who really don't want change.

4 years of Trump will be shake up the status quo and perhaps attract more business people and others to political leadership and government.

I'm not afraid of Trump, I am afraid of the continued negative impact on this country of armchair bitchers and moaners...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HenryBHough

HenryBHough Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,094
    While Trump has created many construction jobs, so has Mrs. Rodham-Clinton/Lewinsky. A good portion of the jobs Trump created are in America. A good portion of the jobs Hillary created are in clearing the rubble of American embassies and burying their dead.

See, they're BOTH "job builders"!

9. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,898
    Not if Trump is in the mix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings: