The Tesla Cyber Truck

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
This amazing rugged truck as claimed by Musk.......has.....er.......got stuck with a little bit of snow

The video clip in the link is well funny, a guy driving past recording the Cyber Truck failing. I feel sorry for the idiot that bought the pile of junk.

This amazing rugged truck as claimed by Musk.......has.....er.......got stuck with a little bit of snow

The video clip in the link is well funny, a guy driving past recording the Cyber Truck failing. I feel sorry for the idiot that bought the pile of junk.
Tires

Well that is just weird.
You can see all 4 wheels are moving, and the thing is heavy as hell so it should be great in snow.

Interesting, there is a bunch of videos of Teslas getting stuck in snow.
Apparently it has to do with the tires being too hard. And Tesla knew of the problem, but did not address it.

Interesting, there is a bunch of videos of Teslas getting stuck in snow.
Apparently it has to do with the tires being too hard. And Tesla knew of the problem, but did not address it.
Bad leadership.

In a few years, the world is going to be saying "Tesla WAS such a good company."

Not that it will be defunct per se, just nowhere near where it was in it's heyday.

more than enough weight,,
the tires are an obvious problem,,

Weight can be detrimental in off roading situations.
I was out with my Off roading group and while all of the heavy full sized trucks were getting stuck I was driving around with no issue.
I'd pull up next to the stuck full sized trucks and give them a hard time before driving off in my Toyota Tacoma and laughing.

Weight can be detrimental in off roading situations.
I was out with my Off roading group and while all of the heavy full sized trucks were getting stuck I was driving around with no issue.
I'd pull up next to the stuck full sized trucks and give them a hard time before driving off in my Toyota Tacoma and laughing.
theres a diminition return in so many directions,,

the same weight that jkust got you out one mess can get you stuck in the next,,

theres a diminition return in so many directions,,

the same weight that jkust got you out one mess can get you stuck in the next,,

I haven't come across that situation .....ever.
It's the same reason Jeep makes small vehicles.
The same thing happens in deep sand,I've never been stuck in sand in my Tacoma or my FJ while full sizes trucks constantly get stuck,they just sink where a lighter vehicle stays on top of the sand.

I haven't come across that situation .....ever.
It's the same reason Jeep makes small vehicles.
The same thing happens in deep sand,I've never been stuck in sand in my Tacoma or my FJ while full sizes trucks constantly get stuck,they just sink where a lighter vehicle stays on top of the sand.
it would be hard to notice,,your weight plus movement is a great motivator,, but that same weight at a slower speed or no movement can stop you in your tracks,,

my 23 ram 2500 diesel is about the same weight if not more than the cybertruck and it would easily get stuck in the right conditions just like it did,, on its current highway tread tires,,

thats why they sell better tires if you plan in more harsh conditions,,

it would be hard to notice,,your weight plus movement is a great motivator,, but that same weight at a slower speed or no movement can stop you in your tracks,,

my 23 ram 2500 diesel is about the same weight if not more than the cybertruck and it would easily get stuck in the right conditions just like it did,, on its current highway tread tires,,

thats why they sell better tires if you plan in more harsh conditions,,

I could stop in sand any time I wanted to without issue.
There's a reason why you dont see many full sized trucks off roading,they just get stuck way to easy.
I was a member of two off roading clubs and maybe two% of the vehicles were full sized,the rest were Jeeps and Toyotas for the most part.

I could stop in sand any time I wanted to without issue.
There's a reason why you dont see many full sized trucks off roading,they just get stuck way to easy.
I was a member of two off roading clubs and maybe two% of the vehicles were full sized,the rest were Jeeps and Toyotas for the most part.
you do realize we are talking about basic normal driving of heavy trucks not your personal experiences in your whatever it is,,,,,

you do realize we are talking about basic normal driving of heavy trucks not your personal experiences in your whatever it is,,,,,

I know that big heavy vehicles get stuck far easier than light vehicles.
I know this from over 30 years of off roading.
Inclement weather mimics off roading. When you go off roading you're putting yourself into situations where you might get stuck on purpose.
And from experience I know that lighter vehicles fair better in those situations than full size trucks.
I drive a Tundra now for towing purposes and I'd never attempt to off road it on purpose for that very reason.

I know that big heavy vehicles get stuck far easier than light vehicles.
I know this from over 30 years of off roading.
Inclement weather mimics off roading. When you go off roading you're putting yourself into situations where you might get stuck on purpose.
And from experience I know that lighter vehicles fair better in those situations than full size trucks.
I drive a Tundra now for towing purposes and I'd never attempt to off road it on purpose for that very reason.
ok,,

The tires have a tread pattern that is ideal for soft soil, like sand and mud. But the rubber is extremely hard, in order to deal with the excessive weight of the vehicle, and to last longer than 12-14,000 miles.

This is a bad combination for traction in snow or ice, even with traction control.

Still, a competent driver should be able to get around without incident. I suspect the drivers are assuming they can drive like an idiot in snow, and the car will compensate. You see that a lot with Jeeps.

Forum List

Back