The Tale of Two Maps

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Guess what these two maps represent:

MapJ.jpg

The first map is county by county, Democrats versus Republicans.

The second map roughly cooersponds to the first map concerning one of top economic stories of the year.

Does it say that voting in America is still pretty similarly divided on a rural-urban basis?

EDIT: Woops!! Nevermind. Well, I think this is still true though ^

Look at how many there are in red states!

I thought everything but Alaska and Arizona were blue states now? :D

But seriously, David, you're a trends guy. We're not talking states, we're talking areas. The deep purple areas on the foreclosure map correlate with blue areas quite a bit on the voting map. Examples: Southern California, South Texas border, South Florida and Michigan. The one area where there is not much of a correlation is the Pacific Northwest.

I thought everything but Alaska and Arizona were blue states now? :D

But seriously, David, you're a trends guy. We're not talking states, we're talking areas. The deep purple areas on the foreclosure map correlate with blue areas quite a bit on the voting map. Examples: Southern California, South Texas border, South Florida and Michigan. The one area where there is not much of a correlation is the Pacific Northwest.
Places where the economy is rougher, makes perfect sense. A lot of the counties in the middle of the country show "no data available."

If the point you are trying to make is that people voted against Republican economic policies, you did a good job of making it.

Forum List

Back