The Sun is getting brighter/ warmer

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
No it's not a conspiracy theory. It is the normal life cycle event of all stars. Though it's still reatively young and not scheduled to do anything catastrophic for many millions of years...it is not a constant energy source and quite by design ( take that to however it works for you as verb or an noun) will steadily increase it's energy output before it reaches a turning point and starts to decrease.

Our Sun Is Lighter Than Ever, And The Problem Is Getting Worse

No it's not a conspiracy theory. It is the normal life cycle event of all stars. Though it's still reatively young and not scheduled to do anything catastrophic for many millions of years...it is not a constant energy source and quite by design ( take that to however it works for you as verb or an noun) will steadily increase it's energy output before it reaches a turning point and starts to decrease.

We'll do ourselves in long before that.

Actually, the Sun was at about 75% its current intensity around 3.8 billion years ago and will remain fairly unchanged from its current levels for billions not millions of years more. But like you say, it does have its minor cycles. As it uses up first all its hydrogen, then helium and other elements, each requiring greater heat to burn, outward radiative pressure will begin to exceed downward pressure from the weight of the diminishing gasses and the Sun will slowly get hotter and brighter and then slowly swell into a red giant consuming the inner solar system in the very far distant future, ultimately throwing off its outer gas shell becoming a planetary nebula, then shrink and cool into a tiny white dwarf.

Actually, the Sun was at about 75% its current intensity around 3.8 billion years ago and will remain fairly unchanged from its current levels for billions not millions of years more. But like you say, it does have its minor cycles. As it uses up first all its hydrogen, then helium and other elements, each requiring greater heat to burn, outward radiative pressure will begin to exceed downward pressure from the weight of the diminishing gasses and the Sun will slowly get hotter and brighter and then slowly swell into a red giant consuming the inner solar system in the very far distant future, ultimately throwing off its outer gas shell becoming a planetary nebula, then shrink and cool into a tiny white dwarf.

I think we do ourselves a disservice to think we can possibly know everything it does or
every effect it might have. Though we really
Can't do much but watch...we certainly cannot stop it

Jo

Man is causing the Sun to warm. Quick, someone cut a check to Al Gore!

Well, someday our future progeny will have to leave I guess. But, I still wonder why ice cores show a warmer Earth during the Cretaceous.

Well, someday our future progeny will have to leave I guess. But, I still wonder why ice cores show a warmer Earth during the Cretaceous.

Larger greenhouse effect I believe. That was also the Golden age of Flora no?

The poles reverse themselves it changes the curvature and position of the earth’s surface relative to the sun. Yes climate change is cyclic! Right now I am praying for some spring.

Man is causing the Sun to warm. Quick, someone cut a check to Al Gore!

The sunlight hits all the hot air from politicians and is reflected back at the sun causing it to swell and get hotter instead until it bursts. :D

I think there's a pretty clear message in that article and that is that even a tiny increment in the Sun's energy perhaps even immeasurably small can and will affect our Climate. He was careful about how he worded it lest the new Congress Stalinize him.

The poles reverse themselves it changes the curvature and position of the earth’s surface relative to the sun. Yes climate change is cyclic! Right now I am praying for some spring.

I'm not sure why but I think that makes you a racist....

Lol

Jo

/—-/ Any need to pay the AmEx bill this month?

/—-/ Any need to pay the AmEx bill this month?

Depends....are you charging carbon credits?

Jo

Forum List

Back