The Stone Cold Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide
National Book Critics Circle Award Winner
New York Times Bestseller
A New York Times Notable Book of the Year
A Washington Post Notable Nonfiction Book of the Year
A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016
A Chicago Review of Books Best Nonfiction Book of 2016

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

White Rage — Carol Anderson

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

973202258-tumblr_nkamg2vYZC1tfx1mao1_1280.jpg

It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

Yeah, lets focus on past injustices some more. We don't do enough of that.

Yeah, those Democrats were real bastards, eh?
As a white person, I sometimes resent accusations of white rage because I have not been a part of the reasons for black discontent. But as a youth I 'went along' feeling helpless to change the current system. Then I read "Black Like Me" and realization of black reality crept in. Back in the 60's the intent of all those 'unraged whites' who fought things like school segregation and voter suppression was so clear, as several lost a lot, even lives, to fight for America's promise to ALL citizens.

But lack of following action created an anger that formed itself into gangs like the ones in LA and Chicago that forgot the dignity of those black protesters of the 60's who faced disgrace with class, and now everything is all messed up. Blacks had the gall to 'rage' back! And now both sides are equally guilty of disgusting and murderous actions. I can't sort it out anymore.

White conservatives opposed to black progress in America – it’s important to acknowledge that fact; not ‘all whites.’

As a white person, I sometimes resent accusations of white rage because I have not been a part of the reasons for black discontent. But as a youth I 'went along' feeling helpless to change the current system. Then I read "Black Like Me" and realization of black reality crept in. Back in the 60's the intent of all those 'unraged whites' who fought things like school segregation and voter suppression was so clear, as several lost a lot, even lives, to fight for America's promise to ALL citizens.

But lack of following action created an anger that formed itself into gangs like the ones in LA and Chicago that forgot the dignity of those black protesters of the 60's who faced disgrace with class, and now everything is all messed up. Blacks had the gall to 'rage' back! And now both sides are equally guilty of disgusting and murderous actions. I can't sort it out anymore.

Except there has been TONS of "follow on actions", ranging from massive social programs and government oversight, to massive spending, to massive and widespread discrimination in favor of blacks.

So, that "rage" is bullshit, and the rejection of it, is totally called for.

We can discuss Motown in the music section. And what happened to us is bi partisan. And the excuses of what you didn't do is bs since the shit still goes on.

White conservatives opposed to black progress in America – it’s important to acknowledge that fact; not ‘all whites.’
Please stop that not all whites stuff because the rights blacks were denied all whites got. There were white liberals that were a part of this also. But as things stand today, white liberals stand with us against racism.

Say hello to the future you are leaving behind. People like you, being lumped in with people like me, and judged based on MY actions. By people like IM2.

Cool, huh?

Do you think that your ideological descendants, will ever have the spine to fight back, or will they just meekly accept their oppression as their "due" because of past injustices.

Ever increasingly distant past injustices...

We can discuss Motown in the music section. And what happened to us is bi partisan. And the excuses of what you didn't do is bs since the shit still goes on.

YOU TELL EM IM2. WAKE THEM THE FUCK UP!!!!

9ev59.jpg

Except there has been TONS of "follow on actions", ranging from massive social programs and government oversight,
You are right, Correll. To some, there is no such thing as 'enough', and at the same time, every one of the programs you cite are begrudged by folks like you and me who are weary of being blamed for things we didn't do. Conundrum

..the blacks have a lot of blame to put on themselves.....they were far behind the whites ----[ -long before slavery/etc ---- ] -in:: EDUCATION/technology/progress/etc....so a lot of their problems are their own fault--not whites ....
..and they still are behind the whites--they commit crime at much higher rates and graduate at lower rates

Except there has been TONS of "follow on actions", ranging from massive social programs and government oversight,
You are right, Correll. To some, there is no such thing as 'enough', and at the same time, every one of the programs you cite are begrudged by folks like you and me who are weary of being blamed for things we didn't do. Conundrum
You are being blamed not only for continuing doing the same shit, but that you live off the interest from the things that were done.

There have not been tons of follow on actions. You're getting ready to learn this.

You are being blamed not only for continuing doing the same shit, but that you live off the interest from the things that were done.

There have not been tons of follow on actions. You're getting ready to learn this.

YOU TELL EM IM2.

ANYTHING LESS THAT COMPLETE SUBMISSION IS REASON TO BE DESTROYED!

"LEARNED"?! I LOVE IT!!! VERY THREATENING.

IM2 tries to present himself as a black activist, yet he constantly sucks jackass party of slavery and Jim Crow dick. Just slurps up every drop.
Lol! Republicans owned slaves and republicans enforced Jim Crow. Just like the democrats.

It was a 7-1 decision that created Jim Crow. Four of the supreme court judges voting in favor of separate but equal were republicans.

IM2 tries tyou lieo present himself as a black activist, yet he constantly sucks jackass party of slavery and Jim Crow dick. Just slurps up every drop.
Lol! Republicans owned slaves and republicans enforced Jim Crow. Just like the democrats.

It was a 7-1 decision that created Jim Crow. Four of the supreme court judges voting in favor of separate but equal were republicans.
You lie!

Go bend over and let the jackass party of slavery and Jim Crow fuck you hard up the ass some more, you stupid bitch.

You are by far the stupidest USMB member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back