The state of Palestine.

Daniyel

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2014
LA
- Just some food for thought -

Hamas Currently rule Gaza, why are they not declaring Gaza an independent state of Palestine?

Obviously they could annex the WB with the Fatah(PA) later on, despite the previous attempt for uniting with Fatah.

What stops them from declaring independence?

Penny.

I don't think the boarders are going anywhere....if by "boarders" you mean Israel. It is their home.

Greg

Hamas Currently rule Gaza, why are they not declaring Gaza an independent state of Palestine?

Obviously they could annex the WB with the Fatah(PA) later on, despite the previous attempt for uniting with Fatah.

Because they aren't smart enough. Like Susan Rice said to the Palestinian negotiating team in 2014, "You Palestinians can never see the f**king Big Picture".

On a different note, many people think Israel doesn't want to give up the West Bank because "Gd gave it to them". I don't think that's the case anymore. The paramount issue is security. Israel left Lebanon, and Islamist Hezbollah took over, shooting rockets into Israel. Israel left Gaza, and Islamist Hamas took over, shooting rockets into Israel. Israel left some parts of the West Bank, and the crazy suicide bombers came into Israel, until the Israelis finally built a security wall. That is what Netanyahu said to an Israeli interviewer in Hebrew. He didn't say, "This is the land that Gd gave us in the Bible so we must keep it." He said, "Everyone knows that a fully independent Palestine would become a hotbed of Islamist terror." And considering what happened to Libya, Yemen, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt (until Sisi took over) in just the last few years, isn't this a valid concern on Israel's part?

Penny.

I don't think the boarders are going anywhere....if by "boarders" you mean Israel. It is their home.

Greg
Penny.

Greg

the lines inside what is now called Israel, you know what Israel gov. has been stealing since they got there.

I believe it's because they never intend to recognize Israel, not at the current borders and not in any borders.

The current borders reflect to any other borders as well, how so?

If they do not wish to declare statehood starting off with Gaza (which clearly has a wider borders than its actual borders) and declaring independence could ease the process of future borders, in other words the borders are not the issue here - but the recognition in Israel that would be forced upon declaring statehood and borders - UNLESS - they never intend to recognize Israel which means they simply want it all.

Because they aren't smart enough. Like Susan Rice said to the Palestinian negotiating team in 2014, "You Palestinians can never see the f**king Big Picture".

On a different note, many people think Israel doesn't want to give up the West Bank because "Gd gave it to them". I don't think that's the case anymore. The paramount issue is security. Israel left Lebanon, and Islamist Hezbollah took over, shooting rockets into Israel. Israel left Gaza, and Islamist Hamas took over, shooting rockets into Israel. Israel left some parts of the West Bank, and the crazy suicide bombers came into Israel, until the Israelis finally built a security wall. That is what Netanyahu said to an Israeli interviewer in Hebrew. He didn't say, "This is the land that Gd gave us in the Bible so we must keep it." He said, "Everyone knows that a fully independent Palestine would become a hotbed of Islamist terror." And considering what happened to Libya, Yemen, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt (until Sisi took over) in just the last few years, isn't this a valid concern on Israel's part?
It's already happened with the three main factions during the so called "Gaza elections" in 2009(I think)

A sovereign state must control its borders, territorial sea and air space, at a minimum, to be recognized.

I believe it's because they never intend to recognize Israel, not at the current borders and not in any borders.

If they do not wish to declare statehood starting off with Gaza (which clearly has a wider borders than its actual borders) and declaring independence could ease the process of future borders, in other words the borders are not the issue here - but the recognition in Israel that would be forced upon declaring statehood and borders - UNLESS - they never intend to recognize Israel which means they simply want it all.
Indeed, they consistently say that they will not recognize the occupation.

What occupation? Are you referring to Israel's occupation of the stolen Palestinian land? Or the Palestinian squatter occupation of Israel?

So it's pointless to negotiate nor stopping the blockade?

GREED as they would lose the UNWRA handouts and the arab league handouts and would have to then tax the people and hold elections.

Penny.

Greg
Penny.

Greg

the lines inside what is now called Israel, you know what Israel gov. has been stealing since they got there.

How can you steal what is yours by International law

A sovereign state must control its borders, territorial sea and air space, at a minimum, to be recognized.

So how can Palestine be recognised then, does this mean they are illegal immigrants and need to be evicted by the UN. You brag about the Vatican recognising Palestine and then claim that Palestine cant be recognised until it declares borders and controls them

That is their right, just as it is Israel's right to respond to attacks from the palestinians

Which is why they refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish State. If the Arabs had won the 67 War do you think the Pro Palestinian Kool Aid Drinkers would be screaming about " occupation?" Ask why Israel should give In to all demands and there will be no response.

Which is why they refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish State. If the Arabs had won the 67 War do you think the Pro Palestinian Kool Aid Drinkers would be screaming about " occupation?" Ask why Israel should give In to all demands and there will be no response.

Well it wouldn't be occupation would it. The Muslims and Christians were the inhabitants, how could they "occupy" their own land? The European colonists came from another continent and occupied the land.

The reason that the Christians and Muslims should not be living under Jewish rule is because they were the people that were living there before the Europeans colonized the place.

The reason that the Christians and Muslims should not be living under Jewish rule is because they were the people that were living there before the Europeans colonized the place.
Having Palestinians owning land is completely unlawful due to the fact they can't be owners of this land by modern international law since they were not born in Israel (difference of religion doesn't matters here), next.

Forum List

Back