The sport coat vs. the suit jacket...

The biggest mistake I see guys make is mixing metals in their accessories.

For instance a gold ring with a silver watch or vice versa.

Make sure all jewelry is the same color of metal. :cool:

I was told by my tailor that there is no difference in the cut between a sport coat and a suit jacket. :cool:

There typically isn't, though sports coats may be roomier through the arm-holes and the shoulders, thus the more casual look and feel.
When I mention texture, I'm referring to the fabric of the garment. A herringbone sport coat has a loftier fabric versus the more flat fabric of a herringbone suit.
True, it's mainly the cloth that is the difference between the two.

And also the type and material of the buttons. :cool:

Yup

The biggest mistake I see guys make is mixing metals in their accessories.

For instance a gold ring with a silver watch or vice versa.

Make sure all jewelry is the same color of metal. :cool:

Agreed. I actually have two wedding rings. One is titanium and one is gold with a nice sized diamond. (I love diamonds. Why should women get all the ice?)

Last edited:
I wear a platinum Movodo rectangular black faced watch with no numbers.

I am into the understated look. :cool:

$(KGrHqJ,!rQE88hJLb6MBPYkD)TM4g~~60_35.JPG

Nice watch. Perfect for formal party occasions or the work environment. All around a good watch. Goes with anything too.

She needs to be buffed. I have not seen the exact model besides mine so I had to take a picture.

Attachments

• $watch.jpg
    $watch.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 65
That is a nice watch.

In my religion it is forbidden for men to wear things made of gold. (only women wear gold) :cool:

Don't tell my wife. She'll make me take it off. She's an Iranian Muslim which makes me a Muslim by default you know.

Same thing with silk. (only women wear things made from silk)

Muslim businessmen have a difficult time buying ties since all of the nice Italian ties are made out of silk..

If the suit jacket is a solid color versus a pattern, then yes you should get away with it. ala the blazer look.
A pin stripe suit jacket? Nope, don't do it.
Personally, I'd go for a sport coat. Suits have a much flatter texture than a sports coat which would give you away as a guy wearing a suit jacket as a sports coat.
I was Head Buyer for a chain of menswear stores before I got into strategic planning.

That would be my answer too. If it looks like a suit jacket, wear the whole suit. If a solid colored jacket is compatible with some off-colored slacks, wear 'em together. If the pants are almost the same color as the jacket...call in sick!

Forum List

Back