The Spiderverse

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I was reading something about this new animated Spderman movie and it was mentioned that a few of the characters are presented as bilingual, switching back and forth between English and Spanish with no subtitles.

The article raised the question of how some American viewers might react.

It's like living in any major American city. Particularly in the South West.

America is a very multicultural place.

The Marvel Universe has many "universises"(is that a word?). This movie is meant to be about that.

The Marvel Universe has many "universises"(is that a word?). This movie is meant to be about that.

Universes is the plural of Universe. However, since the definition of Universe is everything that exists in the Cosmos, and the Cosmos encompasses all their is, even in a Universe of multiple Universes ... there can only be, by definition, one Universe.

I dated a woman I called Spider Woman, but that was just cause her cooch looked like it was full of dried spiderwebs. I gave her one of those pink razors for her birthday, and she kicked me out.

Pretty soon we'll all be living in the United States of Messiko.

I was reading something about this new animated Spderman movie and it was mentioned that a few of the characters are presented as bilingual, switching back and forth between English and Spanish with no subtitles.

The mother of the main character, Miles Morales, is Puerto Rican. She and Miles sometimes drop a littlte Spanish...a phrase or two. Same thing with the villain Scorpian.

No conversations or anything important to understand

I could never understand how all the aliens in Marvel Comics spoke perfect English. Be that as it may, I am fine with bilingual dialogue though if every alien spoke its own language, 90% of Marvel stories would have dialog that reads, "What? What is he saying?" or "I need a translator here!"

Last edited:
I dated a woman I called Spider Woman, but that was just cause her cooch looked like it was full of dried spiderwebs. I gave her one of those pink razors for her birthday, and she kicked me out.
Oh dear baby jebuz, the visual. TMI!

Spiderman is now black.
And he speaks Spanish.
I'm waiting for him to get a sex-change.

Spiderman is now black.
And he speaks Spanish.
I'm waiting for him to get a sex-change.

They already did that with Thor.

The mother of the main character, Miles Morales, is Puerto Rican. She and Miles sometimes drop a littlte Spanish...a phrase or two. Same thing with the villain Scorpian.

Spiderman 2099 was Miguel O'Hara....Mexican Irish guy.......

Spiderman 2099 was Miguel O'Hara....Mexican Irish guy.......
He only appears in the post credits scene. Miles Morales, African-American and Puerto Rican from Brooklyn is the main character.

Forum List

Back