The shooter, wasn't on no fly list, so the no fly, no buy gun list wouldn't have worked....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So....the idiot anti gunners are pushing using the no fly list to keep people from buying guns...even though the list is created in secret, by people no one knows, and whose exact standards are not known and with no known process to appeal being on the list.....to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists...right?

This guy was obviously not on the No-Fly list...so the No-Buy list based on the No-Fly list would not have stopped him....

No, but he WAS undergoing mental health treatment. I think that as soon as you start to see a shrink for serious mental problems, your guns should be taken away until you are certified sane again.

So....the idiot anti gunners are pushing using the no fly list to keep people from buying guns...even though the list is created in secret, by people no one knows, and whose exact standards are not known and with no known process to appeal being on the list.....to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists...right?

This guy was obviously not on the No-Fly list...so the No-Buy list based on the No-Fly list would not have stopped him....
He wasn't a convicted felon either. So there's no point in barring felons from getting weapons I guess.

:cuckoo:

No, but he WAS undergoing mental health treatment. I think that as soon as you start to see a shrink for serious mental problems, your guns should be taken away until you are certified sane again.

So anyone seeing a shrink because they think they might be confused about their sexuality would have their guns taken away?

So anyone seeing a shrink because they think they might be confused about their sexuality would have their guns taken away?

Nice strawman, but no. PTSD and gender confusion are two different things, and one is dangerous, the other isn't.

What DOES bother me about this whole story isn't that he had a gun, because he had no record and was a veteran. ANY gun store would have sold to him.

And, it's not the fact that he transported it on a plane. Anyone can do that if they are legal to own a gun, as long as they get the lockable plastic case to transport it in.

What DOES bother me is the fact that when he first started to see a shrink, they took away his guns, but then gave them back to him 3 months later, without bothering to find out if he was okay or not.

Forum List

Back