The Second Mrs. Roosevelt

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Liberals preach aborting physically imperfect children and death panels to eliminate the elderly. Logically, they must hate FDR as well, but they have to pretend his health problem mattered not to them.

Plagiarist Doris Kearns Goodwin, the second Mrs. Roosevelt, was on the Face The Nation panel that reprimanded FOX journalists by implying they would delight in making fun of FDR’s polio:

NOTE: Twelve or so years ago I watched news shows a lot more than I watch today. Back then, Doris Kearns Goodwin was practically a permanent feature on the talking heads circuit. No matter what the topic was she always brought the conversation around to FDR. If another panelist mentioned ice cream, Goodwin would expound on FDR’s view of ice cream. That’s when I began calling her the second Mrs. Roosevelt. In the intervening years I had not seen or heard much from Goodwin. She popped up on my radar screen last October when I watched a few minutes of that terrible movie Lincoln. It was recorded; so I fast-forwarded through most of it. I would not have watched it all had I known beforehand that it was made from a novel by Goodwin.

The press in FDR’s day did not cover up his infirmity because they were so honorable. They did it because they did not want FDR’s crippled state associated with his crippling big government policies. You can bet your last buck that the press would not be so protective of a conservative president who had polio. Liberals would jump at the chance to link a crippling affliction with conservatism.

Anyway, here is the link to the panel attacking FOX:

'Roosevelts' PBS Historian Angry Fox News Would've Told Truth About FDR
by John Nolte 15 Sep 2014

Roosevelts PBS Historian Angry Fox News Would ve Told Truth About FDR

Last edited:
:poke:
Liberals preach aborting physically imperfect children and death panels to eliminate the elderly. Logically, they must hate FDR as well, but they have to pretend his health problem mattered not to them.

Plagiarist Doris Kearns Goodwin, the second Mrs. Roosevelt, was on the Face The Nation panel that reprimanded FOX journalists by implying they would delight in making fun of FDR’s polio:

NOTE: Twelve or so years ago I watched news shows a lot more than I watch today. Back then, Doris Kearns Goodwin was practically a permanent feature on the talking heads circuit. No matter what the topic was she always brought the conversation around to FDR. If another panelist mentioned ice cream, Goodwin would expound on FDR’s view of ice cream. That’s when I began calling her the second Mrs. Roosevelt. In the intervening years I had not seen or heard much from Goodwin. She popped up on my radar screen last October when I watched a few minutes of that terrible movie Lincoln. It was recorded; so I fast-forwarded through most of it. I would not have watched it all had I known beforehand that it was made from a novel by Goodwin.

The press in FDR’s day did not cover up his infirmity because they were so honorable. They did it because they did not want FDR’s crippled state associated with his crippled big government policies. You can bet your last buck that the press would not be so protective of conservative president who had polio. Liberals would jump at the chance to link a crippling affliction with conservatism.

call the whambulance

The press in FDR’s day did not cover up his infirmity because they were so honorable. They did it because they did not want FDR’s crippled state associated with his crippled big government policies. You can bet your last buck that the press would not be so protective of a conservative president who had polio. Liberals would jump at the chance to link a crippling affliction with conservatism.
Well, are you proud for leaping yourself...?? Enjoy the pit..

Corrections. Liberals and cons abort physically imperfect children and death panels to eliminate the elderly are run by the helath insurance industry. Carry on.

Corrections. Liberals and cons abort physically imperfect children and death panels to eliminate the elderly are run by the helath insurance industry. Carry on.

God runs a death panel.......Some people are scared to discuss their imminent demise one future day........................Me too..................

The press in FDR’s day did not cover up his infirmity because they were so honorable. They did it because they did not want FDR’s crippled state associated with his crippling big government policies. You can bet your last buck that the press would not be so protective of a conservative president who had polio. Liberals would jump at the chance to link a crippling affliction with conservatism.

In the 4th episode, Roosevelts/ An Intimate History, is covering his polio. He was 39.
I find the series fascinating.

FDR was a racist extraordinaire. The equivalent of what he did to Japanese Americans would be if Obama interned all Muslims and confiscate their belongings.

FDR was a communist sympathizer and a suck up to "Uncle Joe" Stalin, who killed millions of innocent political prisoners and starved millions of Ukranians.

FDR was an appeaser of the same magnitude as the much reviled Neville Chamberlain. The only difference was that Chamberlain appeased the home crowd of peaceniks of the day, while FDR bent over backwards to appease the monster that any normal person would have seen as the REAL enemy.

FDR created 45 years of Cold War by sucking up to Stalin and being a cripple mentally as well as physically.

FDR was a racist extraordinaire. The equivalent of what he did to Japanese Americans would be if Obama interned all Muslims and confiscate their belongings.

FDR was a communist sympathizer and a suck up to "Uncle Joe" Stalin, who killed millions of innocent political prisoners and starved millions of Ukranians.

FDR was an appeaser of the same magnitude as the much reviled Neville Chamberlain. The only difference was that Chamberlain appeased the home crowd of peaceniks of the day, while FDR bent over backwards to appease the monster that any normal person would have seen as the REAL enemy.

FDR created 45 years of Cold War by sucking up to Stalin and being a cripple mentally as well as physically.
:asshole:

Too funny. This lefty slimeball claims Fox news would have told the public the truth about their crippled president rather than join the journalistic conspiracy coverup their peers engaged in for years.

Liberalism truly is a mental disorder.

Too funny. This lefty slimeball claims Fox news would have told the public the truth about their crippled president rather than join the journalistic conspiracy coverup their peers engaged in for years.

Liberalism truly is a mental disorder.
fox news did not exist then.......nobody covered up anything... it was an open secret..

The Right can only spout the same propaganda they've spouted since FDR was elected ... nothing new at all.

death panels to eliminate the elderly are run by the helath insurance industry. Carry on.

To JakeStarkey: Oh really!

A 2009 provision of the Affordable Care Act to pay doctors for end-of-life counseling never found its way into the law. Partial credit goes to former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and a simple pair of words, “death panels.” Five years ago Palin called a system in which government bureaucrats determine healthcare based on an individual’s level of productivity in society “downright evil.”

The term “death panels” is still going strong and now, according to Modern Healthcare, the refrain may have prompted a 507-page “repudiation of the controversy” by the Institute of Medicine (IOM).

Incredibly, the IOM’s study titled “Dying in America” not only fails to repudiate Palin’s original analysis, the lengthy report supports her assertion.

September 19, 2014
'Dying in America' Encourages the Establishment of Death Panels
By M Catharine Evans

Blog Dying in America Encourages the Establishment of Death Panels

The Right can only spout the same propaganda they've spouted since FDR was elected

To Political Junkie: It was your people who resurrected the subject of FDR’s polio.

... nothing new at all.

To Political Junkie: I would say the comments about FOX are new. Notice that the panel only named FOX:

"A 2009 provision of the Affordable Care Act to pay doctors for end-of-life counseling never found its way into the law. Partial credit goes to former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and a simple pair of words, “death panels.”

Out right falsehood. Bachmann coined the phrase "death panels." Palin had nothing to do with modifying the bill's contents.

The only "death panels" are conducted by private health insurance bean counters.​

"A 2009 provision of the Affordable Care Act to pay doctors for end-of-life counseling never found its way into the law. Partial credit goes to former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and a simple pair of words, “death panels.”

Out right falsehood. Bachmann coined the phrase "death panels." Palin had nothing to do with modifying the bill's contents.

The only "death panels" are conducted by private health insurance bean counters.​

To JakeStarkey: Do the words “Partial credit . . .” mean anything to you?

Before you embarrass yourself again let me enlighten you. The term death panel is associated with Sarah for two reasons:

1. When Sarah used the phrase she was universally attacked by liberals as though she made it up. Naturally, not a word from liberals when she was proved correct.

2. Sarah’s fame was and is national. Attacking someone of lesser fame would not have been as effective. Happily, the whole thing backfired on liberals precisely because Sarah is so well-known.

Here’s a bit of friendly advice for Sarah-haters. When you set out to defame a queen get your facts straight. If you do not have facts remain silent.

Flanders be flopping again.

Bachmann introduced the phrase.

Private health insurance companies are the ones who run death panels.

You will be corrected ever you try to double down on stupidity.

People, including most children, knew FDR was a cripple, polio was more feared at that time than communism. FDR did not want to use his paralysis for or against his presidency, it was as close to a non-issue as all could make it. FDR's polio did eventually lead to the March of Dimes and Salk.

To JakeStarkey: Do the words “Partial credit . . .” mean anything to you?

Before you embarrass yourself again let me enlighten you. The term death panel is associated with Sarah for two reasons:

1. When Sarah used the phrase she was universally attacked by liberals as though she made it up. Naturally, not a word from liberals when she was proved correct.

2. Sarah’s fame was and is national. Attacking someone of lesser fame would not have been as effective. Happily, the whole thing backfired on liberals precisely because Sarah is so well-known.

Here’s a bit of friendly advice for Sarah-haters. When you set out to defame a queen get your facts straight. If you do not have facts remain silent.
sarah palin is not a queen, then again her husband probably is.

Seems even Birch society members and the republican Fred Koch loved the USSR and Stalin...

This extended litigation effectively put Winkler-Koch out of business in the U.S. for several years. Koch turned his focus to foreign markets, including the Soviet Union, where Winkler-Koch built 15 cracking units between 1929 and 1932. The company also built installations in countries throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia.[1] In the early 1930s, Winkler-Koch hosted Soviet technicians for training
Fred C. Koch - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back