The Seahawks are the most hosed time in the history of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ginscpy, Oct 25, 2011.

1. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    and probably in any sport

Goes back to the Vinny Testeverde Phantom TD as time was running out. Seahawks vs Jets Dec 1998

Was stopped a full yard short of the endzone.

The explanation: some bs about a helmet looking like a football. Cost Seahawks a chance to make the playoffs and Dennis Erickson his job. Ushered in Instant Replay.

Seattle at Baltimore Ravens early 2000s. Seahawks had about a 3TD lead in the 4th quarter - as time was winding down - the zebras bothched things up BEYOND BELIEF and kept on giving the Ravens more chances under one minute...... Until they scored with time running out and won in OT UNREAL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Then the Super Bowl in 2006 - where EVERY call went against the Hawks -- I don't think the Steelers had a single penalty

And the the recent Cleveland game and the phantom block in the back on the 80 yard punt return for a TD

Sorry : I meant to say "team" not "time" in the post title.......... my gafe

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    The Seahawks need to be better - probably should have won 2006 SB by 2 TDs. Good teams win period.....................................

AT LEAST - have a system to overturn zebra gaffes - not ticky tack stuff - but monumental gaffes that affect the outcomes of games...................................................................

3. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    If you are a Seahawk it is against the rules to have your head on your shoulders when sacking the opponents kuarterback. (My kew button is busted).

When blocking on a runback, especially if you score, Seahawk players are not allowed to touch any of the opponents players or they might trip over their own feet forcing a clipping penalty.

just sayin... :eusa_whistle: