The sad deaths of two weathermen and the lessons we all need to learn!!

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Fire Chief Finds TV News Crew Dead Minutes After Interview
A large tree fell on the SUV of WYFF anchor Mike McCormick and photojournalist Aaron Smeltzer.
5b0cceb01a0000cd04cdff4d.jpeg

bout 15 minutes after giving an interview to the two journalists, Tryon Fire Chief Geoffrey Tennant discovered them dead inside their SUV. It’s likely the SUV was in motion when the accident occurred as the vehicle was still in gear with the engine running, he said in a news conference.

“I don’t think it was a slide. I think it was just a matter of the tree root system had failed,” Tennant said. He estimated that the tree was about 3 feet in diameter.
May these two brave men rest in peace....and maybe their deaths could be a lesson for future weathermen....We all have witness time and time again, these people putting their lives in danger to get in on a weather event first hand. I don't understand why it is necessary to chase down storms, be in the middle of a hurricane, feel the wind of a tornado or slush through large inches of rain all to get a story out first hand....its because bad things can and will happen. There is enough technology on hand for victims to know what is happening around them, between cell phones and satellites, images of these events are at our disposal.....so perhaps its time to stop chasing bad weather and report from safe places..again may these two brave men rest in peace.

Chasing bad weather helps us in prediction among other things.
Im not surprised your ignorant ass doesnt know that.

Both of them guys were my age.

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

P.S. I agree that those in the media do go too far in order to get a story and if what happened to them two guys isn't enough to point that out, I don't know what will. Isn't this kind of thing, the reason why Princess Diana isn't here anymore? If yes, well now, two members from the other side of the "situation" are gone now too.

• Banned
Both of them guys were my age.

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

P.S. I agree that those in the media do go too far in order to get a story and if what happened to them two guys isn't enough to point that out, I don't know what will. Isn't this kind of thing, the reason why Princess Diana isn't here anymore? If yes, well now, two members from the other side of the "situation" are gone now too.
Social media today gets the word out so much quicker and faster and safer...I just hope this need to be in it , ends.

Forum List

Back