The "rustic" look on cars. You like? No like?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
The new "in" thing now is to leave rusted/patina cars as is but with a clear coat to protect it from further rust and peeling of paint. And they are selling for very high amounts.

Do you guys (and gals) like that look? Speaking for myself...no. On furniture and antiques, yes. On antique cars? Um, not so much.

ebugg2.jpg

Rat Bikes have been a category at motorcycle shows for years.

They look like junkyard rejects, but people put a lot of time and effort to making them look that way, while being mechanically solid and perfect running. ... :cool:

dd7a428b627a13c835925b7e796b2622.jpg

Nonono.
Barf on that.
Though I have to admit Welderup has put out a couple cool ones.

The new "in" thing now is to leave rusted/patina cars as is but with a clear coat to protect it from further rust and peeling of paint. And they are selling for very high amounts.

Do you guys (and gals) like that look? Speaking for myself...no. On furniture and antiques, yes. On antique cars? Um, not so much.

ebugg2.jpg
Ugly

Rat Bikes have been a category at motorcycle shows for years.

They look like junkyard rejects, but people put a lot of time and effort to making them look that way, while being mechanically solid and perfect running. ... :cool:

dd7a428b627a13c835925b7e796b2622.jpg
Mad Max vehicles!

ebugg2.jpg

Automotive nihilism.

Rustic's not for me when it comes to classic cars. I go with the original. Nothing else will do, period.

The original color name for my '62 VW 1200 Beetle is Beryl green, but I've always referred to it as baby shit yellow.

Forum List

Back