The Republican economic disaster

And the reality is what? That there's a recession in spite of the fact that nothing supports the claim?

My grandma says, "if you are working, it's a recession. If you lose your job, its a depression.

Fact. The Bush administration hasn't been straight with you one time in 7 years. So what are the facts exactly?

Maybe that's why they mailed me $600. They'll show the smallest amount of growth this quarter to stave off being in an official "recession".

Yea Allie, the economy is STRONG!

Reagan just spent his way out of his recession too. Meanwhile, our grandkids will pay for his solutions. #I#_)$*#@$)

How could they? Didn't Clinton balance the budget?

Too-fucking-easy, Beavis.

i dont understand this. nobody has said that clinton paid off the debt, just that he didnt add to it (while bush has done that and more)

are you an idiot or willfully ignorant? you are flat out lying when you say nothing supports the recession claim

Ok...here's the way it works.

I ask for proof. You provide it.

I provided information that the recession was a myth. Every time you claim we're in a recession, I ask for proof, and you skip the proof part and jump right to the "YOU'RE DENYING REALITY!" part. Without showing the "reality".

It's sort of funny. I show that you're denying reality...then you parrot me by saying "denying reality...reality....reality......You're denying reality....reality...reality...."

You haven't provided anything that even remotely supports your insistence that we're in a recession. You show me some facts that support it, and I deny it...then THAT'S denying reality.

:eusa_pray:

Ok...here's the way it works.

I ask for proof. You provide it.

I provided information that the recession was a myth. Every time you claim we're in a recession, I ask for proof, and you skip the proof part and jump right to the "YOU'RE DENYING REALITY!" part. Without showing the "reality".

It's sort of funny. I show that you're denying reality...then you parrot me by saying "denying reality...reality....reality......You're denying reality....reality...reality...."

You haven't provided anything that even remotely supports your insistence that we're in a recession. You show me some facts that support it, and I deny it...then THAT'S denying reality.

:eusa_pray:

ok, let me explain the facts to you. youve never asked me for proof. but in another thread i gave examples that show we may be entering a recession, showing your claim that there is no proof is wrong. still following me?
ive never insisted we're in a recession. try reading what i wrote. education teaches you to read. important, right? a reason we shouldnt get rid of it.
so i've shown evidence that shows we may be entering a recession. that doesnt mean im saying we're in one. ok? again, reading is good

No, you haven't provided any evidence. And your lack of desire to provide it here proves you don't have any.

I mean, I know you don't, but still.

No, you haven't provided any evidence. And your lack of desire to provide it here proves you don't have any.

I mean, I know you don't, but still.

**sigh**

from thread "are we or are we not in a recession?"
all the evidence? record foreclosures, rising unemployment, low auto and home sales, declining stocks, bank failings. you must admit there is SOME evidence of a recession. doesnt prove their is one, but there is evidence

now allie, you show your conclusive evidence that we arent in a recession

i dont understand this. nobody has said that clinton paid off the debt, just that he didnt add to it (while bush has done that and more)

That is NOT what has been said for the past 8 years. The claim has been that Clinton balanced the budget. We were in fact left with a surplus, that Bush gave back to the people.

How could we have a surplus if we were in debt?

Yup. But you're pissing up a rope if you think the truth or reality means anything here...

That is NOT what has been said for the past 8 years. The claim has been that Clinton balanced the budget. We were in fact left with a surplus, that Bush gave back to the people.

ummm, wow. yes, he balanced the budget. meaning the govt didnt spend more than it had. that is a HUGE difference to saying he paid off all govt debt. sorry if you misunderstood.

The debt is long term, and we are paying service on it. If you pay your mortgage and still have money in the bank, that's a surplus, but you are still in debt.

Recession? It sure feels like one in some areas
One economist says rebate checks have given the slowdown a distinct 'W' shape
Combined News Services
Article Last Updated: 07/31/2008 11:33:43 PM MDT

The nation's economy shrank slightly at the end of 2007 and expanded at a weaker-than-expected 1.9 percent annual pace during the past three months, despite tax rebate checks aimed at propping up growth, the Commerce Department said Thursday.
''The basic pattern is clear. This is becoming a W-shaped recession,'' said David Wyss, chief economist for Standard & Poor's in New York.
The contraction evident in the fourth quarter of 2007, when the GDP fell at a 0.2 percentage rate, ''got interrupted by the rebate checks,'' Wyss added, but the economy ''will go back to declining after people finish spending their checks.''
It's increasingly likely that the private National Bureau of Economic Research will declare that a recession began in the fourth quarter, said Joseph Brusuelas, chief economist for Merk Investment.
Separately, the Department of Labor said that more Americans filed initial claims for unemployment benefits last week than at any time in more than five years.
Many economists had predicted the economy would grow 2.3 percent during the April-through-June quarter because Washington was pumping out $100 billion in rebate checks. Although the checks did have an effect, raising the pace of growth from its January-through-March rate of 0.9 percent, analysts said the pickup is not likely to be enough to keep the country from a renewed slump later in 2008.

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_10062961

Last edited:
yeah, apparently it means nothing to some people

Still waiting for you to refute the facts, dear. In the meantime, I guess you'll just ignore them..and accuse those who accept them as ignoring the facts...the facts....the facts....

The politicians are pumping money into the economy because it's an election year.

God help the poor soul that gets elected president!

Still waiting for you to refute the facts, dear. In the meantime, I guess you'll just ignore them..and accuse those who accept them as ignoring the facts...the facts....the facts....

:confused: :confused: :confused:

do i really need to post links for everything thats been posted recently? my god allie. ill do a quick search, just for you.

The world economy | The great American slowdown | Economist.com
My Way News - Jobless rate rises to 4-year high of 5.7 percent
Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
BBC NEWS | Business | Foreclosure wave sweeps America
Calculated Risk: First Bank Closure of 2008
Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac shares fall on Barron's bailout report - MarketWatch

Unemployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GNP continues to grow.....

Where's the recession?

And honey, opinion pieces do not evidence make. Unless you want to post evidence that people are saying "well, it's not REALLY a recession...but we could be hit at ANY TIME!" Which your links actually do prove.

And having a highER unemployment rate than 4 years ago does not a recession make, when you consider that it's still much, MUCH lower an unemployment rate than we had in our last REAL recession, and is on a par with the most PRODUCTIVE AND SUCCESSFUL periods in US history.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back