The Republican economic disaster

Let me explain. If you saddle me with billions of dollars in debt, and then give me a 2009 budget of 5 million, and all I do is spend 4 million, then I have a surplus. But Reagan's debt is still owed, with interest, so it is growing.

Ah..so "feeling" like a recession is going to start is "evidence" of a recession.

I see......

:eusa_shifty:

Careful. Phil Gramm, McCain's top economic advisor got in trouble for talking like that.

In an interview with the Washington Times, McCain's top economic adviser Phil Gramm tells America to suck it up and stop complaining about the economy:

He said the recession is mental and America is a nation of whiners.

Talk about out of touch.

No, out of touch is refusing to accept the fact that the stats don't support your insistence that there's a recession.

No, out of touch is refusing to accept the fact that the stats don't support your insistence that there's a recession.

"Allie was backed into a corner and defended the last pitcher of koolaid with his life."

Honey, I'm the one with the proof. All you guys have are "opinions" and "feelings" and admissions that you have "nothing concrete" to substantiate your ridiculous musings.

Pretty much par for the course.

Oh, but I forgot...now Granny's on your side everyone will take you *seriously*.

:D

Last edited:
Unemployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GNP continues to grow.....

Where's the recession?

And honey, opinion pieces do not evidence make. Unless you want to post evidence that people are saying "well, it's not REALLY a recession...but we could be hit at ANY TIME!" Which your links actually do prove.

And having a highER unemployment rate than 4 years ago does not a recession make, when you consider that it's still much, MUCH lower an unemployment rate than we had in our last REAL recession, and is on a par with the most PRODUCTIVE AND SUCCESSFUL periods in US history.

they werent opinion pieces, "honey." the only one you could potentially call one was from the economist. you cant refute any of the data. you have one little number to show there is absolutely nothing wrong with the economy. how you can ignore every bit of evidence to the contrary is, as ive said before, astounding.

your delusional little world must be quite pleasant :cuckoo:

they werent opinion pieces, "honey." the only one you could potentially call one was from the economist. you cant refute any of the data. you have one little number to show there is absolutely nothing wrong with the economy. how you can ignore every bit of evidence to the contrary is, as ive said before, astounding.

You're an idiot. Look at them again.

yeah, a news piece about bank closings, data about unemployment, an article about GM sales dropping like crazy, an article about massive house forclosure facts, and an article about the failure of fannie and freddie, the largest mortgage agents in the country, are all opinions and no substance.

Would you like some more koolaid?

''The basic pattern is clear. This is becoming a W-shaped recession,'' said David Wyss, chief economist for Standard & Poor's in New York.
The contraction evident in the fourth quarter of 2007, when the GDP fell at a 0.2 percentage rate, ''got interrupted by the rebate checks,'' Wyss added, but the economy ''will go back to declining after people finish spending their checks.''

I just showed her why that was wrong and she ignored it. I'll show it again.

Jobs data, GDP stoke debate over recession - Eye on the Economy - MSNBC.com

So don't bother. She knows she's wrong. Just too proud to admit it.

remember, im not saying we're in a recession. im just pointing out the flaw in your opinion that there is absolutely no evidence of a recession

Nevermind..I'll show you:

The world economy | The great American slowdown | Economist.com
The link has the word "OPINION" in it.

The second one is a news story which does nothing to "prove" your insistence that there's a recession going on, and which, in fact, addresses the miniscule increase in unemployment with this: "The increase in the unemployment rate to 5.7 percent, from 5.5 percent in June, in part came as many young people streamed into the labor market looking for summer jobs."

The rest just are referring to different occurences in the economy which still in no way establish a recession.

Nevermind..I'll show you:

The world economy | The great American slowdown | Economist.com
The link has the word "OPINION" in it.

The second one is a news story which does nothing to "prove" your insistence that there's a recession going on, and which, in fact, addresses the miniscule increase in unemployment with this: "The increase in the unemployment rate to 5.7 percent, from 5.5 percent in June, in part came as many young people streamed into the labor market looking for summer jobs."

The rest just are referring to different occurences in the economy which still in no way establish a recession.

and i said thats the only one that may be considered opinion. what about the other ones?

Forum List

Back