The reason that this vaccine is idiotic? When you were kids you were vaccinated so you did not become ill

LOL kids are not even being vaccinated with the covid vaccine because kids are not vulnerable. So kids have to wait until they are 60 or more and have been smoking for 40 years or more. Then they can get vaccinated

OKEEDOKEE I understand now

What?? They won't be vaccinated until they are 60? Where do you get your nonsense?

Since covid-19 is not endemic to humans and is only endemic to bats, then once we get rid of it, it is not coming back.
So then the vaccine is useless.
There is no reason to get vaccinated for covid-19, when herd immunity should have already wiped it out if we had let it.
What we have to do instead is stop "flattening the curve".
One quick spike in March, and it would have been over, saving hundreds of thousands of lives we risked by keeping the epidemic around forever.

LOL kids are not even being vaccinated with the covid vaccine because kids are not vulnerable. So kids have to wait until they are 60 or more and have been smoking for 40 years or more. Then they can get vaccinated

What?? They won't be vaccinated until they are 60? Where do you get your nonsense?

Since vaccine immunity does not last forever, there is no point in vaccinating until there is risk.
And there essentially is no risk until you are over 60.
You can vaccinate sooner, but there is no point in doing so for covid-19 since the vaccine would only increase your risk under the age of 60.

• Banned

Are they vaccinating kids?

A. Yes
B. No

Were you vaccinated as a child?

A. Yes
B. No

This is a serious debate- not really a time for mudslinging .

My wife and I won't get one and our 2 boys are grown,
but if they were still in school, we would never sign for it.

Through this whole ordeal watching the right try to comprehend epidemiology has been like watching a Homo Erectus encountering a black monolith. I'm sure the ones who managed to graduate had high school biology. How the hell do you totally forget all that?

Since vaccine immunity does not last forever, there is no point in vaccinating until there is risk.
And there essentially is no risk until you are over 60.
You can vaccinate sooner, but there is no point in doing so for covid-19 since the vaccine would only increase your risk under the age of 60.

There is a danger. It may not be a fatality, but the long term problems are well documented.

Are they vaccinating kids?

A. Yes
B. No

Were you vaccinated as a child?

A. Yes
B. No

The current vaccine was designed and tested for adults. Teenagers and children are not just little adults. Their immune system functions differently.

Yes, I was vaccinated as a child. With vaccines that were designed for children to protect them from childhood diseases.

I agree that this issue is serious. But some of the posts made by Esalla are ridiculous. His claims that the vaccine will alter your DNA, is one example.

Iditarod - Last Great Race on Earth® -- in commemoration of a load of vaccines pulled by dog sleds to a remote town.
>>> The children of Nome were dying in January 1925. Infected with diphtheria, they wheezed and gasped for air, and every day brought a new case of the lethal respiratory disease. Nome’s lone physician, Dr. Curtis Welch, feared an epidemic that could put the entire village of 1,400 at risk. He ordered a quarantine but knew that only an antitoxin serum could ward off the fast-spreading disease.<<<
Coronavirus? COVID-19? Sound familiar? Asthma attack? Quack cure with some kind of serum? I don’t buy medical stories anymore.

Through this whole ordeal watching the right try to comprehend epidemiology has been like watching a Homo Erectus encountering a black monolith. I'm sure the ones who managed to graduate had high school biology. How the hell do you totally forget all that?

I am an extreme leftist, progressive, liberal who understand epidemiology perfectly, and I can tell you that flattening the curve so we could wait for an untested and unnecessary vaccine is murder.

Herd immunity is historically what ended all established epidemics in all of history, such as the 1948 polio epidemic. The Salk vaccine was not available until 1957, after the epidemic was over.
Vaccines prevent future epidemics, not end ones in progress, because they take too long.

Tell me any epidemic in progress that was ended by anything other than herd immunity.
Even SARS, MERS, Hong Kong flu, Asian flu, Avian flu, Ebola, etc., were all ended through herd immunity.

I agree that this issue is serious. But some of the posts made by Esalla are ridiculous. His claims that the vaccine will alter your DNA, is one example.

Good point.
I do not believe this vaccine will alter DNA either.
But it is scary they are talking about making vaccines that would alter DNA.
And of course there may be some future risk that might even warrant that.
But clearly covid-19 is far too minimal of a risk to warrant anything so risky in itself.

I am an extreme leftist, progressive, liberal who understand epidemiology perfectly, and I can tell you that flattening the curve so we could wait for an untested and unnecessary vaccine is murder.

Herd immunity is historically what ended all established epidemics in all of history, such as the 1948 polio epidemic. The Salk vaccine was not available until 1957, after the epidemic was over.
Vaccines prevent future epidemics, not end ones in progress, because they take too long.

Tell me any epidemic in progress that was ended by anything other than herd immunity.
Even SARS, MERS, Hong Kong flu, Asian flu, Avian flu, Ebola, etc., were all ended through herd immunity.
Herd immunity without a vaccine has always meant an appaling number of deaths and a broken health care system. Most of the viruses you mentioned were not actually ended but they are still being held in check through isolation and by virtue of not being particularly contagious.

They say cases in kids have risen 90% since getting back to school and are likely to take it home to parents and grandparents, like the dumb assed college kids after spring break in Florida.

My wife and I won't get one and our 2 boys are grown,
but if they were still in school, we would never sign for it.
The school tried to put my youngest on ritalin because they said he kept his desk to messy. They should have seen his room. We told them FU.

So what you are saying is a football player who gets many women pregnant having babies or abortions while being single with no financial help for them who takes a knee for social justice is pure and driven. Diseases are in many ways of living.

Forum List

Back