The realities of Labor Unions

Hard to have a recovery on 12 dollar an hour jobs. When the recovery relies on consumer spending.
Hard to increase pay when companies move off shore due to operating costs and over regulation and there are more bodies than jobs. Most businesses are too small to afford unions, closing more won't help the economy.

Your analogy about the Japanese car companies was bullshit. Japanese companies treat their workers so fucking well that there in no upside for the workers to unionize. The company AUTOMATICALLY gives what the workers need to keep them happy and productive. Including union scale wages or just slightly under. Just the way the Japanese do business.
Except they do a lot of auto business here and can sell autos for $3,000 less that an American counterpart due to not having union thugs increasing expenses.
Next you will bring up Boeing. Right? Did you know that the tax abatement given to Boeing and the state job training programs that Boeing didn't have to pay for where more important to Boeing than the idea that they wouldn't have to deal with the unions. They still pay pretty much union wages.
They are steadily moving to right to work states. When they leave Everett you can turn off the lights.

Hard to increase pay when companies move off shore due to operating costs and over regulation and there are more bodies than jobs

Really? You ever look at corporate earnings. Record or near record levels.
I guess the companies making all that money just couldn't find a way to pay their workers a little more. Those very same workers who performed the work to make for the record earning of the corporations.

Your "argument" might have a little more merit IF the corporations were struggling now wouldn't it?

And please show your research that companies moved out for the reasons you said and not for the reason that their labor costs drop DRAMATICALLY

Weird for you to be an American and be supporting some Chinese worker taking an American workers job. What's in it for you to support the Chinese worker? You do all your shopping at Walmart don't cha?.

These are the facts about labor unions.

Labor Unions are unconstitutional.
It violates the Business owner's right to be safe and secure in his papers and effects regarding his business.

Labor unions are NOT professional associations, professional associations and labor unions are different, in that a labor union seeks to create a monopoly of labor available to the employer, a professional association boosts the reputability of the worker through setting codes and standards, and they offer information about the worker's profession, and offer resources, etc etc..

Labor Unions are often ran by criminals who engage in extortion, loan sharking, aiding and abetting, obstruction of justice, and fraud.

In the long run, labor unions cause poverty, by putting businesses out of business through bankruptcy.

The economic benefits are relatively short term, and even during their time as being an economic benefit, they create economic inequality in favor of the union workers, as opposed to non union workers, and they cause price increases further tipping the scales in favor of Union workers.

This pay increase is due to the fact that artificial labor monopolies have the exact same consequences as any other monopoly, amongst those are price hikes, by the demand of the monopoly.

Union workers create an artificial monopoly, which is STILL a monopoly, and monopolies have never worked for the consumer.
The consumer of labor is the employer and the customers or clients.

While monopolies are not unconstitutional for the consumer, they are against any standard that seeks to create reputability in business, and they ARE unconstitutional for the employer, because it violates the employers right to be secure in his papers and effects regarding his business.

Because the labor monopoly holds the employer hostage to the labor monopoly, it is very hard, if not impossible to fire the workers, or to take disciplinary action against the said worker or workers.

This means that the union worker can behave nearly any way that he so chooses and get away with it.
This inevitably turns the union workers into unruly scum with no discipline whatsoever.

Late check ins, early clock outs, rude and insulting behavior, and piss poor performance, frequent absences from work, dress that is only "moderately appropriate" and certainly not serious for the job, and excuse after excuse for it.

And even off the job... because the union workers have no discipline, their bad habits might roll over into their life away from work, and affect their behavior at home, and in public.

Labor Unions also cause discrimination, by making it mandatory to join the union.

So I would make it illegal under the current laws against extortion, and the Sherman anti trust laws against monopolies, to have labor unions.

Well, thank you for your opinion. Rarely does a rant as opinionated and sans facts stir the emotions as well as you have done. I for one am very happy you are without the power to make anything or anyone illegal. Have you thought about going to school and learning how to become a despot?

Except they do a lot of auto business here and can sell autos for $3,000 less that an American counterpart due to not having union thugs increasing expenses.

Fucking horse shit. I just was shopping for a car for my daughter. The imports we looked at were much more expensive than the Chevy we looked at.

Quit making horse shit up or prove what you write.

Hard to increase pay when companies move off shore due to operating costs and over regulation and there are more bodies than jobs
Really? You ever look at corporate earnings. Record or near record levels.
I guess the companies making all that money just couldn't find a way to pay their workers a little more. Those very same workers who performed the work to make for the record earning of the corporations.

Your "argument" might have a little more merit IF the corporations were struggling now wouldn't it?

And please show your research that companies moved out for the reasons you said and not for the reason that their labor costs drop DRAMATICALLY

Weird for you to be an American and be supporting some Chinese worker taking an American workers job. What's in it for you to support the Chinese worker? You do all your shopping at Walmart don't cha?.
Show your research that supports any of your claims. I said most businesses are not big corporations, if you want to believe otherwise I'm not spending a second more on it, I'll just laugh at you. The big corporations are global these days and have merged and merged into giant diversified corporations. Again, I'll just laugh if you need research.

So by logical extension (sorry, no research there either) it stands to reason their profits are way up. AND, as I said, they don't need to pay more than they are since the job market sucks so bad (still), sorry, no research there either. If you want to believe it's going along pretty good under obamanomics while pay is down, go ahead, I'll just laugh.

Oh, and get this Slick, America supported Walmart. It takes more than one guy.

As a business owner that has in the past owned a Union shop, I found the Union to be a great partner who provided well trained workers. Of course I didn't try to fuck my workers out of their pay or benefits like so many of the Union haters.

As a manager within the LE community I needed to deal with both Union Business Agents and elected representatives of Professional Associations. Most were men and women of good will, able to see all parts and elements of issues; negotiations were mostly amicable and productive. Once during my tenure one of the unions hired a jerk as a business agent. The union president learned that he was a jerk shortly after I did, and it was decided he should be let go and was dispatched promptly.

Fucking horse shit. I just was shopping for a car for my daughter. The imports we looked at were much more expensive than the Chevy we looked at.

I didn't make it up and your anecdotal story doesn't demonstrate anything other than different models. If you can't find an expensive Chevy or a cheaper import your daughter will do better without your help.

What, EXACTLY, were you looking at...makes, models, trim levels? I'll have to check, but I think the cheapest new car available is a Nissan. (But dude...buying a new car is a bad plan.)

What ? God damn it, they cheapest Car is a Kia brand , better then I thought

Forum List

Back