The realities of Labor Unions

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
These are the facts about labor unions.

Labor Unions are unconstitutional.
It violates the Business owner's right to be safe and secure in his papers and effects regarding his business.

Labor unions are NOT professional associations, professional associations and labor unions are different, in that a labor union seeks to create a monopoly of labor available to the employer, a professional association boosts the reputability of the worker through setting codes and standards, and they offer information about the worker's profession, and offer resources, etc etc..

Labor Unions are often ran by criminals who engage in extortion, loan sharking, aiding and abetting, obstruction of justice, and fraud.

In the long run, labor unions cause poverty, by putting businesses out of business through bankruptcy.

The economic benefits are relatively short term, and even during their time as being an economic benefit, they create economic inequality in favor of the union workers, as opposed to non union workers, and they cause price increases further tipping the scales in favor of Union workers.

This pay increase is due to the fact that artificial labor monopolies have the exact same consequences as any other monopoly, amongst those are price hikes, by the demand of the monopoly.

Union workers create an artificial monopoly, which is STILL a monopoly, and monopolies have never worked for the consumer.
The consumer of labor is the employer and the customers or clients.

While monopolies are not unconstitutional for the consumer, they are against any standard that seeks to create reputability in business, and they ARE unconstitutional for the employer, because it violates the employers right to be secure in his papers and effects regarding his business.

Because the labor monopoly holds the employer hostage to the labor monopoly, it is very hard, if not impossible to fire the workers, or to take disciplinary action against the said worker or workers.

This means that the union worker can behave nearly any way that he so chooses and get away with it.
This inevitably turns the union workers into unruly scum with no discipline whatsoever.

Late check ins, early clock outs, rude and insulting behavior, and piss poor performance, frequent absences from work, dress that is only "moderately appropriate" and certainly not serious for the job, and excuse after excuse for it.

And even off the job... because the union workers have no discipline, their bad habits might roll over into their life away from work, and affect their behavior at home, and in public.

Labor Unions also cause discrimination, by making it mandatory to join the union.

So I would make it illegal under the current laws against extortion, and the Sherman anti trust laws against monopolies, to have labor unions.

It violates the Business owner's right to be safe and secure in his papers and effects regarding his business.

Labor unions are NOT professional associations, professional associations and labor unions are different, in that a labor union seeks to create a monopoly of labor available to the employer, a professional association boosts the reputability of the worker through setting codes and standards, and they offer information about the worker's profession, and offer resources, etc etc..

Labor Unions are often ran by criminals who engage in extortion, loan sharking, aiding and abetting, obstruction of justice, and fraud.

In the long run, labor unions cause poverty, by putting businesses out of business through bankruptcy.

The economic benefits are relatively short term, and even during their time as being an economic benefit, they create economic inequality in favor of the union workers, as opposed to non union workers, and they cause price increases further tipping the scales in favor of Union workers.

This pay increase is due to the fact that artificial labor monopolies have the exact same consequences as any other monopoly, amongst those are price hikes, by the demand of the monopoly.

Union workers create an artificial monopoly, which is STILL a monopoly, and monopolies have never worked for the consumer.

While monopolies are not unconstitutional for the consumer, they are against any standard that seeks to create reputability in business, and they ARE unconstitutional for the employer, because it violates the employers right to be secure in his papers and effects regarding his business.

Because the labor monopoly holds the employer hostage to the labor monopoly, it is very hard, if not impossible to fire the workers, or to take disciplinary action against the said worker or workers.

This means that the union worker can behave nearly any way that he so chooses and get away with it.
This inevitably turns the union workers into unruly scum with no discipline whatsoever.

Late check ins, early clock outs, rude and insulting behavior, and piss poor performance, frequent absences from work, dress that is only "moderately appropriate" and certainly not serious for the job, and excuse after excuse for it.

And even off the job... because the union workers have no discipline, their bad habits might roll over into their life away from work, and affect their behavior at home, and in public.

Labor Unions also cause discrimination, by making it mandatory to join the union.

So I would make it illegal under the current laws against extortion, and the Sherman anti trust laws against monopolies, to have labor unions.

You should check this out sometime:

Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

• Banned

You should check this out sometime:

Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

You don't have the right to extort business owners and employers, or hold business owners and employers hostage to you and/or your group.
You also don't have the right to require applicants to join your union...

And you also don't have the right to keep your job, after failing to do your job and calling a "strike".

Last edited:
As a business owner that has in the past owned a Union shop, I found the Union to be a great partner who provided well trained workers. Of course I didn't try to fuck my workers out of their pay or benefits like so many of the Union haters.

Labor unions once played an important part in our nation's role following WWII, especially under Marshall Plan reconstruction in Germany and Japan. But that was a short respite for institutions that were so married to organized crime and corruption. Between 1969 & 1979, thirty thousand factories shut down in America, while thirty two million jobs were lost overseas and to Mexico. You can than a labor union for that.

Labor unions once played an important part in our nation's role following WWII, especially under Marshall Plan reconstruction in Germany and Japan. But that was a short respite for institutions that were so married to organized crime and corruption. Between 1969 & 1979, thirty thousand factories shut down in America, while thirty two million jobs were lost overseas and to Mexico. You can than a labor union for that.

Try corporate American greed.

As a business owner that has in the past owned a Union shop, I found the Union to be a great partner who provided well trained workers. Of course I didn't try to fuck my workers out of their pay or benefits like so many of the Union haters.
Yeah, sure.

Why would you say that?
Because I don't believe you've ever been a business owner, at least not a business owner who competed in the private sector.

The highlighted part is semi-correct. The rest of this is nothing but bilge.

Again, that's like blaming a short dress for rape.

No, you see, what happened was that a bunch of businessmen told our politicians that if we signed these free trade treaties, things would be awesome. And the politicians bought into it.

You never owned a business, period. Your posts reveal the fact, this one is no different. Non union shops aren't fucking anyone, you leftist liar.

Proper training isn't possible without a union? Seriously? A union can be good for both parties but not if they exert so much control the business goes overseas or shuts down, which has happened all too often.

The topic of labor unions has become politicized, which means it has become dumbed down and turned binary, black & white, either/or.

Just for shits and giggles, here's an idea that no one will like. Yay!

There are essentially four (4) macro elements of labor union contracts:

1. Current pay & benefits
2. Retirement pay & benefits
3. Workplace safety & environment
4. Workplace rules & restrictions

Why don't we:

1. Maintain collective bargaining on current pay & benefits (sure would be nice if business didn't have to pay for health care, but that's another topic)
2. Establish 401K plans instead of budget-busting pensions that cripple businesses in the long run (worker pay could increase, by the way, tax advantage to business)
3. Maintain workplace safety & environment bargaining (essential)
4. Remove bizarre and inefficient workplace rules & restrictions elements (such as this guy can't drive that truck, this guy can't turn that wrench, fucking ridiculous)

Yes, I know, no one would support this, because it would require mature cooperation and honest negotiation, and all those big egos would have to be left at the door.

Better to just fight back & forth on "all or nothing" fantasies that slow down progress.

I keep a copy of my 2008 Q4 401K statement as a reminder of any fuck who wants to talk me into a 401K ever again.

401K's are the biggest rippoff of the working man since... well, Free Trade Treaties.

"Hey, why don't you put this money in a big pot and we'll go off and play the market. And while we can get out at any time, you can't get out without paying a 20% penalty!!!!"

4. Remove bizarre and inefficient workplace rules & restrictions elements (such as this guy can't drive that truck, this guy can't turn that wrench, fucking ridiculous)

Yeah, you know, I worked in a place that had that kind of rule. they kept making warehouse guys drive trucks even though they didn't have CDL's. Hilarity ensued. But they didn't want to hire enough truck drivers or purchase enough trucks.

I keep a copy of my 2008 Q4 401K statement as a reminder of any fuck who wants to talk me into a 401K ever again.

401K's are the biggest rippoff of the working man since... well, Free Trade Treaties.

"Hey, why don't you put this money in a big pot and we'll go off and play the market. And while we can get out at any time, you can't get out without paying a 20% penalty!!!!"

It's a 10% IRS penalty, as with all retirement plans (pensions too!) and the 20% figure would be money kept by the custodian for taxes if you don't follow the law and roll it over.

There are also "lifestyle" mutual funds in 401K plans that essentially do the investing for you, providing excellent diversification and lowering risk as you age. These are for the people who freak out at the notion of personal finance and would rather have someone else take care of it for them, because they buy into the notion that someone else is responsible for their money.

Also, lifetime annuities are now being introduced to 401K plans that essentially take market risk out of the equation and provide guaranteed lifetime income (just like a pension!).

But I know that's not good enough for some. Too scary.

Last edited:
It's a 10% IRS penalty, as with all retirement plans (pensions too!) and the 20% figure would be money kept by the custodian for taxes if you don't follow the law and roll it over.

There are also "lifestyle" mutual funds in 401K plans that essentially do the investing for you, lowering risk as you age. These are for the people who freak out at the notion of personal finance and would rather have someone else take care of it for them, because they buy into the notion that someone else is responsible for their money.

Yes, there are all sorts of schemes for Wall Street to separate you from your hard earned money, i'm sure.

I've had quite enough of that, thank you.

There are also "lifestyle" mutual funds in 401K plans that essentially do the investing for you, lowering risk as you age. These are for the people who freak out at the notion of personal finance and would rather have someone else take care of it for them, because they buy into the notion that someone else is responsible for their money.

Yes, there are all sorts of schemes for Wall Street to separate you from your hard earned money, i'm sure.

I've had quite enough of that, thank you.

Then, for you, there are money market funds required in each 401K that would grow as well as the money you have in your mattress. Well, better, actually.

Plus matching funds from your employer. Free money!

See? Easy.

I know. Still not good enough.

And by the way, pension funds are invested in -- wait for it -- the stock market. Often in hedge funds, alternatives and other securities which are riskier than traditional mutual funds. Why? Because the funds in the negotiated pensions have to earn enough money to keep up with promises made to unions and have to take higher risks.

:rolleyes-41:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back