The real reason that many of those who have taken the Fauci Ouchy want EVERYONE to take it

I can. There are two reasons.

First, if you are unvaccinated, you are much more likely to catch it, just like with the flu. Unlike the flu, though, you can catch and carry Covid without knowing that you have it, meaning you won't stay home sick, greatly increasing the chance that you will run in to your neighbor at the store or the bank or work or whatever. Even if your neighbor is fully vaccinated, that doesn't make him invulnerable. Even if he only has a 1% chance of catching it from you, the more people like you he passes by, the more chances he has of rolling those boxcars and catching a breakthrough case.

Second, viruses mutate. That's how we got the Delta variant. The more people who have it, the greater the chance that we get an Omega Variant (or whatever) that is even nastier and even more vaccine-resistant, and then we go through all of this again, maybe losing millions this time.

There you go.
All true. But do we mandate what other people have to do with their bodies just to be in a society. I'm fine with employer mandates because they don't want their workers sick or for public and private schools mandating vaccines to be in school.

yeah, but with Delta subsiding, I'm really ok with these people who actively gamble on long hospital stays and ventilators, so long as the guvt isn't picking up their hospital bill.

imo FEDERAL govt mandates on employees in the private sector are an overstep. Local govts have used vaccine mandates back into the 19th century to stem epidemics. But absent something like the Black Death where nations used their military to prevent travel ..... but we just shut stuff down by state directive (at Trump's direction) to keep the healthcare from doing what happened in Italy and Spain. Michigan was weird because so many people have weekend cabins, and I wouldn't blame them for wanting to hunker down on in the boondocks.
Sorry. I have to agree to disagree. We already have a National Health Service. We should be upgrading infrastructure to help accommodate pandemics.

Sorry. I have to agree to disagree. We already have a National Health Service. We should be upgrading infrastructure to help accommodate pandemics.
I'm not against national planning to deal with pandemics. We probably should have carried through with it. But I am saying that we cross a line when the fed govt can tell individuals they have to take a drug or a vaccine or a treatment ... or suffer some loss like the right to work. In a strange way it's the flip side of what the Kegger's Court is about to do with Roe. The Kegger's Court seems just fine with State mandates healthcare decisions, but not OK with State prohibiting HC decisions.

And their are political implications for this ... for both parties.

Forum List

Back