The real deal on so called "habitable" extrasolar planets.

Every time a somewhat earth sized extrasolar planet is found the press claims that scientist have found earth 2. Its annoying.

About the only thing you ThunderKiss1965 are going to get out of this thread is a grammar lesson, so pay attention.

"earth" NOT capitalized means dirt.

"Earth" capitalized is the name of our planet.

Same is true of Sun and Moon too.

Hey asshat I found some other posts where people didn't capitalise earth, better zip on over there and exert you mighty brain power

Don't blame your sh!tty grammar on me ThunderKiss1965 .

Just because your dumbazz teachers did not teach you anything has nothing to do with me.

Keep me out of this, Mr. Sh!t-For-Brains.

No sport you had to be an asshat about something so insignificant instead of what the OP was about. You fucking pulled that trigger.

Your fokking illiteracy is nothing insignificant.

It is a plague upon the USA.

Our schools are not working.

After reading the well worded exchange of words between the two of you, well I am glad you never corrected me for my poor grammar even though it is evident in every thread and post created by me.

Now as Humans on Earth we all make mistakes. The last perfect person was nailed to a cross for his perfection, so I do my best to be imperfect as can be...

:scared1:

Planets that are in the habitual zone(Enough solar energy to be near our temperature with the right atmosphere) and near our size should be exciting. The reason we freak out about it is the reality that there's a possibility that such planets could have atmospheres(Thinking it is quite likely) and possibly oceans of liquid.

I don't believe life needs 100% our set up to develop either. Life earlier in earth history developed in the oceans with much different atmospheric set-up compared to what we humans are use to today. For example 700 million years ago oxygen levels were so much lower that a human on land would of died within minutes of landing on this planet....300 million years later there was so much of the stuff in the atmosphere that bugs grew to shocking sizes and a fire would of burnt 2-3 times as fast because of it. What you need to realize that from 4.3 billion years ago to around half a billion years ago this planet would of killed human life if we time traveled to that time without oxygen.

The red dwarf planets would be tidally locked...With one side facing the star...So what you'd get is rising motion on the side that faces the star and downward motion on the opposite side that would drive a single hadley cell like weather system...Based on where it would be in the habitual zone such a planet would have a area of favorable temperatures that would could take advantage of.

Sorry but we'd need a bigger telescope to see oceans, atmosphere and even bigger to find life. Why not be exited by the real chance that these worlds could have atmospheres, oceans and at least there's a possibility of life.

Seeing how wide spread water is I can't imagine such massive worlds not having atmospheres and oceans.

I agree with Matthew on this one and Humanity should be excited about new discoveries and the possibilities that there might be another Earth out there...

It doesn't matter whether they find a habitable planet or not, we're never getting off this rock and mankind will just die out along with the planet.

It doesn't matter whether they find a habitable planet or not, we're never getting off this rock and mankind will just die out along with the planet.

Only if the extremist have their way....

If people that use science and value exploration win out = we will probably end up building generational ships that can take humans to some of the closer planets within 200-1,000 years....

The belief that we can't isn't the right approach. The sad news is if the extremist win humanity sure won't be dying with the planet in a few billion years...I'd say odds are good that a massive asteroid will wipe us out within the next 20 million...Probably sooner.

If people that use science and value exploration win out = we will probably end up building generational ships that can take humans to some of the closer planets within 200-1,000 years....

The belief that we can't isn't the right approach. The sad news is if the extremist win humanity sure won't be dying with the planet in a few billion years...I'd say odds are good that a massive asteroid will wipe us out within the next 20 million...Probably sooner.
If the Islamists get control of the west and other nations, which is very possible, there will no longer be any space programs, they would be considered, un-Islamic, as is music, the arts, sculptures, et cetera. Also, our current president is cutting back funds for NASA as other presidents have. So, we are most likely not going anywhere.

If the Islamists get control of the west and other nations, which is very possible, there will no longer be any space programs, they would be considered, un-Islamic, as is music, the arts, sculptures, et cetera. Also, our current president is cutting back funds for NASA as other presidents have. So, we are most likely not going anywhere.
But China and India have big plans. We are not the only nation on this planet with a high technology, and will to do great things. This is no longer the 50's and 60's.

Forum List

Back