CDZ The "random shooting culture" in the US

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I am told that most of the US gun violence is perpetrated by illegals and gangsters in places like Chicago. But I think that is just a smokescreen to hide a wider truth.

I read story after story about gun deaths which only happened because of the fact that guns were available. No gangsters,no terrorists. These are crimes committed by previously law abiding people.

Take this case as an example.

Victim's father: Run-in at bar preceded deadly Fayette County shooting

What it boils down to is basically this. Girl breaks of with boyfriend, there is a row. He is pissed off and guns down 4 people including her and her new boyfriend. He isnt a criminal. He never shot anybody before.

But when he faced a "crisis" in his life he had access to guns and then there was a body count.

Smith apparently has no criminal record. He was issued a few traffic tickets in Westmoreland and Somerset counties over the last several years, according to court records.

The story isnt unique to the US. Couples break up all the time all over the world. And people get upset when they see their Ex out with someone else. But in the rest of the world it generally ends in harsh words or sometimes a punch up. And thats it.

The US does not seem to have moved away from the OK Corral. How can you be so advanced in science,technology and so on and yet so backward in this respect ?

There seem to be loads of these cases, accidents,crimes of passion, neighbour disputes an so on.

I am told that most of the US gun violence is perpetrated by illegals and gangsters in places like Chicago. But I think that is just a smokescreen to hide a wider truth.

I read story after story about gun deaths which only happened because of the fact that guns were available. No gangsters,no terrorists. These are crimes committed by previously law abiding people.

What it boils down to is basically this. Girl breaks of with boyfriend, there is a row. He is pissed off and guns down 4 people including her and her new boyfriend. He isnt a criminal. He never shot anybody before.

But when he faced a "crisis" in his life he had access to guns and then there was a body count.

Smith apparently has no criminal record. He was issued a few traffic tickets in Westmoreland and Somerset counties over the last several years, according to court records.

The story isnt unique to the US. Couples break up all the time all over the world. And people get upset when they see their Ex out with someone else. But in the rest of the world it generally ends in harsh words or sometimes a punch up. And thats it.

The US does not seem to have moved away from the OK Corral. How can you be so advanced in science,technology and so on and yet so backward in this respect ?

There seem to be loads of these cases, accidents,crimes of passion, neighbour disputes an so on.

You really should look up the word random Tammy.

SPR08staterankprevalence.jpg

CNNMassShootings.jpg

access to guns is a part of the problem----buy probably a tiny part---
we cannot go back in time to when guns did not exist----there were
swords and knives----anyway-----and lots of people very adept at
using them Women did poison

Having observed that multiple recent mass shooters lacked criminal records prior to becoming an "active shooter," I because curious to discover at what rate/with what frequency is it that a shooter -- mass or otherwise -- has a "rap sheet." This is what I've found:
What's clear to me is that:
  • The figures provided for 1990-2002 seems to accurately portray the actual percentage of "murder as a first offense" felons because the measurement basis for BJS' reporting is convictions. That may (or may not) make a difference for whatever be the (unreported) tabulations one might obtain for 2009 because the BJS data for that year uses arrests, not convictions, as the qualitative basis for measurement.
  • Arrested, charged/indicted and convicted are distinct outcomes resulting from one's activities. Only the last of those outcomes provides a legitimate basis for considering one a criminal.
  • The 1990-2002 figures don't delineate between gun murderers and other convicted "murder as a first offense" felons.
  • As with everything having to do with criminal behavior, there is no sound/cogent basis for speculating about what other crimes arrested suspects or convicted felons may have committed and for which they were neither arrested/charged nor convicted.
Given the limitations imposed by the nature of information I've been able to obtain, the best I can say confidently is that from 1990-2002, at most, 37% of convicted murder felons had no prior criminal records.

Supplemental information not necessarily related to the incidence and rate of "gun murder as a first offense" (I have not at yet read these documents; they're merely one's I came by when looking for an answer to the question I've posed):

How do you know he wouldn’t have mown them down with his car if he hadn’t had a gun?

CNNMassShootings.jpg

Ouch, you just crushed his argument like a freaking bug.

CNNMassShootings.jpg

Ouch, you just crushed his argument like a freaking bug.
The problem is they never learn.

Forum List

Back