The quran IS the bible.

Vintij

Feb 13, 2007
Anaheim, CA
I have noticed many similaritys between the bible and the quran. I have now come to the conclusion that they are the same thing, interpreted in different ways and seperated over the years.

But why are either of them practiced now?

I can understand muslims, who are so far behind with technology and modernism. They sort of live in the past and like it that way, I mean, they wipe their ass with their hands for crying out loud.

But Americans? Who exactly wrote the new testamen? Because for some reason, americans like to model themselves after the new testeman and totally ignore the old testamen which is "the word of god" according to them. Why ignore some words of god and not others?

Is it because they dont like to stone their own children? (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/when_to_stone_your_children/dt21_21.html

Is it because they dont want to get slapped when they refuse to marry a sister in law? (deuteronomy 25:9)

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/when_to_marry_your_sister-in-law/dt25_09.html

Is it because they want to marry two sisters at the same time without incest? (leviticus 18:18)

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/incest/lv18_18.html

Is it because they are afriad? Because in Deuteronomy 29:30 the bible states that if someone wants to follow their own heart in terms of moral judgment, they shall be cursed with all the evils of the world. And shall burn in hell.

Okay maybe I picked the wrong chapter.

Lets move to joshua.

Basically, god told joshua to kill Achan and his son, daughter, goats, donkeys, everything.

All because he took some loot.

How did they kill Achan? They stoned him and his family to death.
And then according to joshua 7:26, god was happy.

Wow, no wonder nobody likes to talk about the old testamen. Its completely insane! And a joke!

I mean cmon. According to joshua 5:8, he circumcised an entire nation? Because god told him to? Thats alot of penis.

And, according to Deuteronomy 22:29, a woman must marry the man who raped her? After he pays her dad 50 silver sheckles?

That sounds alot like the quran to me.

This is my theory. The old testamen IS the quran in disguise....while the new testamen was created for future generations like America. And the middle east, has not gotten the message that its 2007. I guess they think its 2007BC? oh well.

No offense to christians or muslims but......a major portion of both your bibles are complete lunacy, weather you practice them or not. And I think it should be put in the fiction section. You cant practice a few parts of the new testamen, a few parts of the old testamen....and then competely ignore everything else. Its called hipocracy. Unless someone can explain to me how they can be close to god without caring for the old testamen, then I will continue to bash the bible for stupid stories of death and circumsition, that dont help anyone.

I wouldnt go to a doctor who only used methods thousands of years old.

Why would I limmit my philosophy in the same way?

the old testement is the covenant that god had with the jews, his chosen people.
The new testement is the covenant that god has with the gentiles via the blood sacrifice of jesus.

Indeed, muslims, jews and christians are abrahamic and, even if they wont admit it, follow variations of the same traditions involving the same god. In fact, muslims and christians AGREE about jesus... even if the christians feel about Mohammed about the same way the pharisees thought about jesus...

Yeap they are all from the same basic start.

I would not limmit my philosophy to just one time era.

It just makes no sense to me to do so.

I wouldnt go to a doctor who only used methods thousands of years old.

Why would I limmit my philosophy in the same way?

I would not either. But dont you think that the word of god, is final? Alot of thiests (mostly muslims) believe that no matter when the bible was written, it is all true today, and should be upheld today, which is why you see stone age type murders in the middle east.

We all know the bible is thousands of years old, but why do some people still use those old beliefs today, just not the ones that sound barbaric? Its like picking and choosing what part of god sounds the best.

In my opinion, if your not going to take the bible literally, then use it as a moral code book. For the rest of the country who does take it literally, why dont you teach your children the ENTIRE bible, rather than the good parts about magic and healing? Is it not all written to portray the words of god?

Lastly, who is the one that chooses which parts of the bible shall be upheld today? The pope?

the west has a great tradition of adjusting christianity to fit the times... even if christians feel the same way about the eternal nature of the bible youd be hard pressed to find any who call out a bear to kill kids that make fun of a bald head...

denominations are great for minimizing the impact of hardline religion.. id suspect that the muslim religion will look like our christians in a couple hundred years..

From what I've read historically there's been a tension between progressivism in Islam and conservatism or a more reactionary form of Islam. The most regressive is Wahabbism which of course is centred in Saudi Arabia. Right now the progressives are losing. It's there that the effort from the West should have been directed, unfortunately due to the politics of energy, that wasn't to be.

Iran has a very young population who has been craving a more progressive society.

Our recent policies in Iraq have caused that to go on hold.

Religion like anything else has its place within society yet it is important to bear in mind that the Muslim Jihad, the Christian Crusade and the Jewish Nationalism are uncalled for. It is these that are uncalled for and which should be condemned. This is why the form of Christianity practiced by George Bush, and his followers including Ann Coulter should be condemned just like the form of Islam practiced by Osama bin Laden and his follower needs to be condemned and it is also why the form of Judaism practiced by the Religious State of Israel needs to be condemned.

What is Jihad anyway? I hear it used very loosely these days and I can't seem to get a straight answer.
A. is it holy war
B. is it inner struggle
C. is it some made up word to shake up everyone

Faith is a personal thing, I chose to believe and worship in Jesus, my call. My country was founded by God and basic rules in life like the 10 commandments and the Bible Old and new Testiments, not the Koran, not any other document related to religion. We’ve seen many extremist in the religious arena over the years. Funny how after 9/11 masses of people were all worried and going to church and praying in public and wanting some sort of comfort after that ordeal. Yet 6 years after the fact we are doing everything in our powers to dismiss these very blocks in our countries foundation.
Basic research in the Islamic/Muslim religion and a history lesson would really be most appropriate when it comes to interpretation of the goals of the Islamic world with regards to what the Koran says about non-believers.

Your country was founded by GOD?!?

What country are you from again?

:bowdown:

We are a country of all religions and beliefs.

Anyone who doesnt honor that is not being very American.

What is Jihad anyway? I hear it used very loosely these days and I can't seem to get a straight answer.
A. is it holy war
B. is it inner struggle
C. is it some made up word to shake up everyone

Faith is a personal thing, I chose to believe and worship in Jesus, my call. My country was founded by God and basic rules in life like the 10 commandments and the Bible Old and new Testiments, not the Koran, not any other document related to religion. We’ve seen many extremist in the religious arena over the years. Funny how after 9/11 masses of people were all worried and going to church and praying in public and wanting some sort of comfort after that ordeal. Yet 6 years after the fact we are doing everything in our powers to dismiss these very blocks in our countries foundation.
Basic research in the Islamic/Muslim religion and a history lesson would really be most appropriate when it comes to interpretation of the goals of the Islamic world with regards to what the Koran says about non-believers.

The thing that I am curious about is the qurans likeness to the actual bible. You may think that the ten commandments are the only laws in the bible but you are wrong, that came later in the new testamen along with jesus. What you are not reading is "the law" of the old testamen which is the root of islam in general. The old testamen is basically the same thing as the quran, the difference is muslims actually practice those barbaric belief's while americans generally dont.

I agree with shogun when he stated that islam will be just like christianity in a few hundred years. Because christianity was just like islam a few hundred years ago.

• Thanks
Reactions: 90K
are you referring to the "in god we trust" motto that was added DECADES after this nation was founded?

again... where does the constitution say this nation was founded of christianity again?

are you referring to the "in god we trust" motto that was added DECADES after this nation was founded?

again... where does the constitution say this nation was founded of christianity again?

no where you win-----> but what is your point? I mean let'm in and control us all I say any and everyone. Religious freedom nothing like the sound of a mosque firing up the loud speaker at 0430 to get the day started, oh and don't forget your little haji rug.
My point is religious freedom is one thing, religious biasness is not. And right now the things that made our country great and free is being turned inside out, but hey if it is good for europe then it is good for us right? Eurabria, Amerabria is next.

Im sure Native Americans would laugh their fucking asses off at your paranoid ranting.

Perhaps you should remember that the Constitution says nothing about maintaining the christian dominance in America. Perhaps you can go out on a limb and brainstorm WHY, exactly, that is the case. Better yet.. why dont you go out and make a muslim friend today instead of preening on about losing your dominant role since, in fact, this nation was never created to perpetuate christianity at all. American Democracy would work for a majority of muslims just as it has worked for christians.. Maybe you are scared of a Muslim population that rivals the Christian population because you are aware of all the racist shit embedded in our laws since day one and you really REALLY dont like the sound of the same applied to you.. Again, Id suggest you get out and go make a muslim friend so you can get more empathy than colonial christians showed THEIR minorities..

ps..

there is also a fucking pyramid on the dollar too.. so what.. does that mean we worhip the pharoes too? It is too bad that the faith of an american christian hinges on how many others of the same opinion are seated around him.. Talk about brittle. Talk about FEABLE. Americans are not required to be christians. get over it. YOU dont like their traditions? well join the fucking club because Im not that fond of christian traditions either.

:evil:

Im sure Native Americans would laugh their fucking asses off at your paranoid ranting.

Perhaps you should remember that the Constitution says nothing about maintaining the christian dominance in America. Perhaps you can go out on a limb and brainstorm WHY, exactly, that is the case. Better yet.. why dont you go out and make a muslim friend today instead of preening on about losing your dominant role since, in fact, this nation was never created to perpetuate christianity at all. American Democracy would work for a majority of muslims just as it has worked for christians.. Maybe you are scared of a Muslim population that rivals the Christian population because you are aware of all the racist shit embedded in our laws since day one and you really REALLY dont like the sound of the same applied to you.. Again, Id suggest you get out and go make a muslim friend so you can get more empathy than colonial christians showed THEIR minorities..

ps..

there is also a fucking pyramid on the dollar too.. so what.. does that mean we worhip the pharoes too? It is too bad that the faith of an american christian hinges on how many others of the same opinion are seated around him.. Talk about brittle. Talk about FEABLE. Americans are not required to be christians. get over it. YOU dont like their traditions? well join the fucking club because Im not that fond of christian traditions either.

:evil:

I'm part Indian. You are running off the mouth disagreeing with everything I said. Yet you wouldn't answer my original question about what is Jihad. So do a history lesson and come back and give me something.

I spent more time in the middle east than I ever cared to and make no mistake people are just people when all the differences are set aside. My view and opinion is our country was set on the God fearing ways, right or wrong. Not all of the members of the signers of the Declaration of Independence believed in the Bible or what it stood for. Given those considerations those men did a good job founding our country. I shouldn't have to except a religion in my country or forget about the one that made our country. I can say I'm a Christian and be persecuted, yet if I'm a muslim, buddhist or whatever I'm ok. Something is seriously wrong with that picture.

Forum List

Back