The problem with the internet.

It's not just the internet. The information age has eclipsed the education system. Kids don't have to read books and take notes in order to put a report together. All they need to do is tippy tap on their personal information machine and copy stuff that tends to make the teacher happy. The education system teaches kids to come up with information but it doesn't teach them how to think. Politicians and the advertising agencies as well as Hollywood are well aware of the lack of thought process in the general public and they sell us junk and policies (and people) we don't need because we have become overwhelmed with information but too stupid to think.

And there is that as well.

As well? Pop culture education is the freaking source of the problem. Kids know about putting a condom on a banana but they can't seem to logically figure out right from wrong.

I was agreeing with you.

For the majority of my life the net did not exist. And when I wanted to research information about something, it was difficult. Very few libraries carry in depth information concerning geological features, not even one's local to the library. Now, with the net, the research is easy and instantenous. All one has to do is sort the gold from the dross.

That is where formal education is important. You learn, or should have learned, the ability to think critically and skeptically about claims within any given discipline. And to look up the track record of the source of the claim.

And there is that as well.

As well? Pop culture education is the freaking source of the problem. Kids know about putting a condom on a banana but they can't seem to logically figure out right from wrong.

I was agreeing with you.

Kids learn from example far more than what is taught. And the example that all too many adults are setting is what they follow. Not what the adults claim they are doing. When adults practice willfull ignorance, so will most of the kids. When the adults preach abstinence, and are screwing with anyone of like mind, that is what the kids do.

I was agreeing with you.

Kids learn from example far more than what is taught. And the example that all too many adults are setting is what they follow. Not what the adults claim they are doing. When adults practice willfull ignorance, so will most of the kids. When the adults preach abstinence, and are screwing with anyone of like mind, that is what the kids do.

That's probably why we should stop treating them like inmates in their schools. Badgering them over what they don't eat at lunch. Constantly searching their belongings and denying them a locker because of trust and security issues. Outlawing tag and any form of contact, monitoring their private communications spaces. And expelling them for chewing a piece of toast into the shape of a gun..

Not a good way to instill a sense of judgement and responsibility is it?

Blogs are opinions, usually not by people who are any kind of authority ion the field they are blogging about..

You really got a mental block against admitting that you think authorities are superior. I've run into your kind of denial before. You think that of course authorities are superior to blogs or posters, so you can't believe that I would be referring to the inferiority of people in superior positions, which to you seems impossible. With you, I have to repeat that I'm not talking about authoriites disagreeing, but about their qualifications for their profession, which is just narrow-minded conformity. Their only talent is in adding twists to a knot of imbecility.

You haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about. I pointed out to you that I never stated that authorities are superior, in fact I stated the opposite and I did it repeatedly. What exactly IS your problem? Can you not understand what you read or do you not bother to read?

Learn what "clue" means. There is no such word as "clueless." You come from the hopelessly conceited but mentally stunted clique that won't abmit they are mind slaves with a limited program. You cannot refute what you haven't been programmed to accept. For the last time, it's right there where you put down bloggers as not being in the field they are commenting on. If you knew any logic, that gives the self-interested careerist conformist in that field more credibility than the bloggers, which is authoritarian.

I'll take my theory on the delusion of Col. Travis at the Alamo as an example of why the Internet is not a pathway to freedom. Typically people will ask what is my source that he thought he was like Jackson at New Orleans, implying that it is impossible for any anonymous poster to think of anything on his own, only PhDs in history or military science could do that.

Another example is documentism. "Did Travis write a letter to the Commander in Chief, Sam Houston, explaining why he was disobeying Houston's order to get out of that trap?" Why couldn't I make a judgment on what he was thinking just because he didn't write it down? Etymologists refuse to believe the obvious derivation of the word dog just because it wasn't written down for 3,000 years, when hardly anyone knew how to write. So the self-appointed authorities only believe paper, which is as bad as copycat Netties believing in authorities at all. If they are right, it is only co-incidence. In fact, I actually do believe they are the worst source because they belong to conformist academic or ruling-class cults.

What is really revealing about this deception is that people think the Internet is independent and use the fact that the Mainstream Media say it is as authority that it is.

In a round about way, you are making my point dumbass.

My IQ has been tested to be 152. So talking to you is literally like you talking to a retarded person. Except that you don't realize how obvious your inferiority is.

You really got a mental block against admitting that you think authorities are superior. I've run into your kind of denial before. You think that of course authorities are superior to blogs or posters, so you can't believe that I would be referring to the inferiority of people in superior positions, which to you seems impossible. With you, I have to repeat that I'm not talking about authoriites disagreeing, but about their qualifications for their profession, which is just narrow-minded conformity. Their only talent is in adding twists to a knot of imbecility.

You haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about. I pointed out to you that I never stated that authorities are superior, in fact I stated the opposite and I did it repeatedly. What exactly IS your problem? Can you not understand what you read or do you not bother to read?

Learn what "clue" means. There is no such word as "clueless." You come from the hopelessly conceited but mentally stunted clique that won't abmit they are mind slaves with a limited program. You cannot refute what you haven't been programmed to accept. For the last time, it's right there where you put down bloggers as not being in the field they are commenting on. If you knew any logic, that gives the self-interested careerist conformist in that field more credibility than the bloggers, which is authoritarian.

That last line was not logic Mr. 152.. It was nothing but a sweeping generalization with the sole purpose of promoting your warped and faulty beliefs...

For the majority of my life the net did not exist. And when I wanted to research information about something, it was difficult. Very few libraries carry in depth information concerning geological features, not even one's local to the library. Now, with the net, the research is easy and instantenous. All one has to do is sort the gold from the dross.

That is where formal education is important. You learn, or should have learned, the ability to think critically and skeptically about claims within any given discipline. And to look up the track record of the source of the claim.

Diploma Dumbos prove that college education is a fraud and should not be rewarded by the fact that they didn't look up oxymoron when they first heard it, accepting,as their lazy professors told them to accept, that if they wanted to learn correct English, all they had to do was listen to the way professional speakers speak. Like literally, the media are using oxymoron to mean exactly the opposite of what it actually means.

Forum List

Back