The problem with homosexuality and Christianity is you have to choose one or the other

since they were also heathens I would say no , but they came anyhoo
The Catholic Church ( basically an all powerful theocracy at the time ) came up with this beauty. The doctrine of discovery 1493 Pope Alexander the 6th declared that all lands discovered in the New world belonged to Spain.. that all people in the New world should be brought into Catholic Church and any barbarous Nations that would oppose Christianity should be destroyed. He also had the foresight to say any land not inhabited by Christians was available to be " discovered ", claimed and exploited by Christian leaders. That tells the whole story about Christianity.

The Catholic Church ( basically an all powerful theocracy at the time ) came up with this beauty. The doctrine of discovery 1493 Pope Alexander the 6th declared that all lands discovered in the New world belonged to Spain.. that all people in the New world should be brought into Catholic Church and any barbarous Nations that would oppose Christianity should be destroyed. He also had the foresight to say any land not inhabited by Christians was available to be " discovered ", claimed and exploited by Christian leaders. That tells the whole story about Christianity.
Spain never conquered Non Catholic England

So Colonialism in the New World was not exclusively a Catholic Zeitgeist
Correct, I was addressing with the Catholic Church did to the new world's indigenous peoples. All of the European adventurers basically committed genocide.

It is true that some men in history have taken their zeal toward Christianity and have taken it to the point of Satanic means to force people to believe or die. In the pre-mortal world of spirits, Lucifer had an opposing plan to force everyone to be obedient to the gospel plan when they would come to earth. He was so proud of his plan that he presented it before the Father but it was rejected. Lucifer was wroth and sought to turn away God's children to follow after his plan. This was the crux of the war in heaven where Lucifer succeeded in getting 1/3 of the hosts of heaven to follow after him. God rejected Lucifer's plan because you cannot become a truly good being by being forced to be so. God is a being of free will. He has nobody to force him to do good. He does good because he knows it to be good and right and chooses in and of himself to follow righteousness and goodness. God wants his children to develop this same mentality and to learn to choose good in and of themselves. Only in this way do we become more like our Father in Heaven and become truly good beings. Lucifer, now known as Satan or Perdition still wants to overthrow God's plan and have everyone follow after his train of thought. Many of the zealous Christians of time past have turned to force and coercion to get people to follow after God's plan. What they didn't realize was that they were following the plan of Satan all along. They have made many look back and view Christianity in darkness and not light. But true Christianity allows mankind to have free will in deciding what manner of person they are willing to become. God has always allowed us free will to choose in and of ourselves what we are willing to become.

Last edited:
It is true that some men in history have taken their zeal toward Christianity and have taken it to the point of Satanic means to force people to believe or die. In the pre-mortal world of spirits, Lucifer had an opposing plan to force everyone to be obedient to the gospel plan when they would come to earth. He was so proud of his plan that he presented before the Father but it was rejected. Lucifer was wroth and sought to turn away God's children to follow after his plan. This was the crux of the war in heaven where Lucifer succeeded in getting 1/3 of hosts of heaven to follow after him. God rejected Lucifer's plan because you cannot become a truly good being by being forced to be so. God is a being of free will. He has nobody to force him to do good. He does good because he knows it to be good and right and chooses in and of himself to follow righteousness and goodness. God wants his children to develop this same mentality and to learn to choose good in and of themselves. Only in this way do we become more like our Father in Heaven and become truly good beings. Lucifer, now known as Satan or Perdition still want to overthrow God's plan and have everyone follow after his train of thought. Many of the zealous Christians of time past have turned to force and coercion to get people to follow after God's plan. What they didn't realize was that they were following the plan of Satan all along. They have made many look back and view Christianity in darkness and not light. But true Christianity allows mankind to have free will in deciding what manner of person they are willing to become. God has always allowed us free will to choose in and of ourselves what we are willing to become.
Christianity committed such atrocities they cannot claim to be just or righteous.

Christianity committed such atrocities they cannot claim to be just or righteous.
True Christianity bears the name of the leader of its movement. Christ and his teachings are the true beliefs of true Christianity. Anything that is more or less than this is not Christianity. In my judgement, true Christianity is just and true righteousness.

True Christianity bears the name of the leader of its movement. Christ and his teachings are the true beliefs of true Christianity. Anything that is more or less than this is not Christianity. In my judgement, true Christianity is just and true righteousness.
The fact that it's institutionalized means it cannot be true Christianity. Christianity is more of a belief system, a philosophy on life
Individuals can be Christians. No institution can be Christian.

The fact that it's institutionalized means it cannot be true Christianity. Christianity is more of a belief system, a philosophy on life
FCA ( Fellowship of Christian Athletes )

Christ himself called Apostles and other priesthood callings and set up the organization of his church. So it was Christ himself who set up the organization of his church. Institutionalization is not an evil but can be a good thing if the works that come forth from them are of Christ.

I was at an author event and a lesbian read to us all the passages of the Bible that explicitly condemn homosexuality.

It made me realize that one who lives the homosexual lifestyle must reject Christianity or must, at the very least, admit he is a sinner in need of forgiveness.

But it seems that many homosexuals are unwilling to do either. They demand Christian churches go against explicit Biblical teachings and accept homosexuality. This is creating a crisis that is affecting all the Christian churches.

My prediction is this: Soon, every Christian church except the Catholic Church will cave to the homosexuals.
Nope.

Homosexuality exists, as does sexuality out of wedlock, theft, and other sins.

Being proudly gay and Christianity aren't compatible.

Homosexuals act as if they're the only ones who suffer with sexual issues... Christians are called to celebacy until marriage, and trust me, I struggled with (and failed often) this issue a lot before my marriage. However, I can always admit I came up short of Christ... there are homosexuals who suffer with the same thing and do the same...

It's the gay community that scoffs and says "How dare you judge me"... to God and Christianity.

Christianity can make that claim. As can Buddhism despite atrocities at their doorsteps. The question to address is how did Christianity, Buddhism, and basically any other religion get dragged into--and become a part--of war and related atrocities. The hierarchy (and their love of money) became entrenched in matters of power, wealth, and territorial expansion. The typical everyday Christian or Buddhist whose focus is only to incorporate the teachings of Christ or Buddha often become victims, too, in the aftermath of devastation brought about by the rich and powerful.

Beware of the Magicians--i.e., the rich and powerful of today--who will distract the population with previous wrong-doings of religion as they begin their wars to gather the wealth, the land, and the power that is available today. Will, the employees of these agencies--or those who purchase their goods and services--be blamed when destruction comes? Those who retain any modicum of wealth or power will make sure of it because otherwise it would not be good public relations material.

Yes, it is possible and perhaps even necessary to achieve certain Kingdom goals. The stumbling block are the proverbial wolves in sheep's clothing; those who want to use whatever power or wealth that is available for other, selfish aims. How can this greed be thwarted? Greed has been the issue throughout all human history; greed and lack of discipline has turned many a fine nation or organization to its knees, and from there to dust.

It's the gay community that scoffs and says "How dare you judge me"... to God and Christianity.
I would change this to, Any group or community that scoffs and challenges Christians and Christians with "How dare you judge me" in the effort to flip the other side as the one who is the wrong-doer, needs to be reminded of another Christian principle.

God's people are called to be perfect because God is perfect. This is our narrow path. When those who strive for perfection fail, our mercy is to match God's mercy. God's people are not called to accept the follies of mankind. Isaiah warned his community that the things the community wanted recognized as good, was pure filth in the eyes of God. What does modern society want to have declared good that remains filth in the eye of the Ideal and Perfection?

I would change this to, Any group or community that scoffs and challenges Christians and Christians with "How dare you judge me" in the effort to flip the other side as the one who is the wrong-doer, needs to be reminded of another Christian principle.

God's people are called to be perfect because God is perfect. This is our narrow path. When those who strive for perfection fail, our mercy is to match God's mercy. God's people are not called to accept the follies of mankind. Isaiah warned his community that the things the community wanted recognized as good, was pure filth in the eyes of God. What does modern society want to have declared good that remains filth in the eye of the Ideal and Perfection?
Right.. I mean, if you don't agree with the ideology, that's fine. It's not what I would hope for someone's consideration as far as their afterlife, but to each their own.

If you don't like it, don't join. Yet, they go a step further and attempt to attack Christianity in culture and lamblast it as "hateful" and "bigoted"...

They are the ones instigating things... we're just sitting here minding our own business honestly.

My prediction is this: Soon, every Christian church except the Catholic Church will cave to the homosexuals
No. I find the Catholic Church will ALWAYS compromise with sin for "growth" in numbers. They've always incorporated paganism in their teachings (Easter, Christmas, Sunday worship etc)

The worst atrocities of the Christian church are evidenced in in the New world. October 5th., 1513. Spanish conquistador Pasco Nunez de Balboa tried to convert a tribe in Panama to Christianity. The chief of the tribe explained they already had their own gods. The monk was horrified by what happened next. Following his orders from the Pope, convert the heathens and if they will not convert kill them. We need the land for our people. It did just that he murdered 40 of the tribesmen, cut them up into pieces and fed them to his dogs. Thank GOD, the monk was the scribe on the expedition and realized what an atrocity this was. Recorded for prosperity, the true face of the Christian faith.

You habe no real idea about history. What do you think why written human laws exist today and why nevertheless the behavior of people today hurts this what I call "unwritten human laws", "natural human laws" or "god given human laws"? You feel in your heart - or perhaps you only play to feel in your heart - the abomination for this terrible behavior - but I'm relativelly sure you would know nothing about if not Christians - specially Christian monks - had reported continiously about this wrong behavior - also in front of the Spanish throne and the throne of the pope. The monks partially tried with water syringes to babtize as many Red Indians as possible in masses. Why? Wrong method and the guiness book of world records was still unknown. A human being (a child of god) started in the view of many people in this time of history with baptism. This made the difference between an animal and a human being. This cruel brutal man slaughtered in his view of the world 40 animals. If they had been Christians his scruple to do so had been higher.

Let me compare this with our time now. Today he could also make 40 abortions on a similiar reason: because he perhaps could today not be able to see human beings in unborn human beings. And also today many Christians protest since long decades and very few people listen to this protests. Perhaps in some hundred years someone will speak about the Christians of our time with the same contempt as you are doing now because they will see us to be in the responsibility for the wrongness of our times where still the god "gold" is the most mighty god.

By the way: The cultures in the South of America are still full of people who have also Red Indian ancestors - but this is in average much more seldom in North America.

Forum List

Back