The problem with consumer and labor unions:

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
violent liberal govt sets prices, not the market, so resources are priced incorrectly and economic growth is slowed or reversed.

Preview

violent liberal govt sets prices, not the market, so resources are priced incorrectly and economic growth is slowed or reversed.

Wrong,

Sure there's a minimum we call the minimum wage that the government does enforce, but the employees through the unions have worked together to get paid for their work. it worked very well throughout the 20th century and was the cause of the creation of most of our middle class and simple workers rights like 5 day work weeks, 8 hour days and many other things.

You believe the corporations should be able to completely rule the market place and treat the workers like sub-human shit.

Sorry, but your America is a very dark and sad place that favors only the few.

In exactly what industry has the government set the prices for the market? Do you have a link to what industry is having their prices set by the government? Additionally, do you understand that labor unions have nothing to do with government, other than donating to the candidate of their choice?

See why people consider you to be stupid Edward?

Looking at the history of the 19th century compared to the mid 20th century tells me that you couldn't be more wrong!

What percentage of the population was middle class in 1880 compared to 1950? I can assure you that those government regulations, unions and anti-trust laws allowed for the middle class to be 10 times the size in 1950 then 1880. This is why you're wrong. Simply put, big corporate doesn't respect the little guys right to compete without some government and the worker does need unions.

Yes, it was the formation of the labor unions that got workers out from under the thumbs of robber barons, as well as ended child labor and brought you the 40 hour work week, as well as the right to collectively bargain for better working conditions and wages. Google "Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire" sometime, and see what brought about the formation of some unions. Its pretty horrific.

. it worked very well throughout the 20th century.

myth based in pure 100% liberal ignorance. Unions raise prices by amount of wage increases so no net gain is possible. Econ 101 class one day one. Sorry to rock your world.

Yes, it was the formation of the labor unions that got workers out from under the thumbs of robber barons,.

dear so do you want consumer unions too??? Notice how the liberals lack the IQ to address op consumer unions?? What does that teach?

Its pretty horrific.

yes life was pretty horrific until Republican capitalists built industries that made modern products and employed millions of people desperate for jobs. Unions slowed down the process by raising prices. Econ. 101

Its pretty horrific.

yes life was pretty horrific until Republican capitalists built industries that made modern products and employed millions of people desperate for jobs. Unions slowed down the process by raising prices. Econ. 101
False. Did you have a degree in economics, any graduate work? You sound like a 10th grader.

When he parsed my quote, he left out the part about the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire being one of those events that brought about unions, because of the horrific conditions the workers had. One of them (and the one that caused all the deaths), was locking the workers in the room and not allowing them out except for scheduled bathroom breaks. When the fire broke out, the workers couldn't get out, and many died in the flames, with others jumping to their deaths out of the windows.

The Mises School assholes always leave out the Triangle Shirtwaist disaster.

Unions are going by the wayside. But things will someday deteriorate for workers through the efforts of corporate greed and the 1 percent that even the most naive workers will wake up and things will swing back the other way. Its been an on ongoing effort to drive down wages. Next go the benefits. Then we have a whole class of people earning $12 to $15 per hour and some of them will believe the idiocy that they are doing well with that.

myth based in pure 100% liberal ignorance. Unions raise prices by amount of wage increases so no net gain is possible. Econ 101 class one day one. Sorry to rock your world.

I've come to the conclusion that EdB is just a troll posting absolutely stupid posts, just to pull liberals' chain.
With union members making up just 6.6% of the total private sector workforce*, his posts/thread absolutely make no sense.
I suggest everyone put "Ed the troll" on ignore and quit wasting your time with this troll.
* Union membership rate in private industry was 6.6 percent in 2014; public sector 35.7 percent : The Economics Daily: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

I've come to the conclusion that EdB is just a troll posting absolutely stupid posts, just to pull liberals' chain.
With union members making up just 6.6% of the total private sector workforce*, his posts/thread absolutely make no sense.
I suggest everyone put "Ed the troll" on ignore and quit wasting your time with this troll.
* Union membership rate in private industry was 6.6 percent in 2014; public sector 35.7 percent : The Economics Daily: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

dear, you did not address my post because you lacked the IQ to understand it. You tried to change the subject to cover up. Union menbership % has nothing to do with op!!!! Once again, labor unions cant help because they raise prices and consumer unions cant help because they lower wages. Now do you understand?

Forum List

Back