The President's Working Vacation

D

Dim Bulb

I like music. Back in the 80s before satellite radio, I listened to FM radio a lot. At a certain point, it seemed like every other song was Michael Jackson or Phil Collins. As much as I might've liked some of their songs, it became a pain to hear them come on the radio because they were overexposed. You'd turn on the TV, there they were. You'd turn on the radio, there they were. Fortunately there was no internet then. Anyway, hearing the same song too many times got really really stale to the point of putting them "on ignore."

Why do I tell you this? Because I feel like the President should use this vacation to stop any tweets that aren't on policy message. The whole "NYT is evil" thing etc is fine and all, but it is a drumbeat that is getting old. When I see these tweets, I just kind of tune them out as "white noise" (no pun intended). We get the point. Now point us in the direction of tax reform, etc. Work up the base to put pressure on their members of Congress, not just to be angry about the NYT. And if they're so evil, why does the President read them, much less meet with their editorial boards?

This diffusion of anger is not focused. It won't get us policy. Direct your followers to call their Congresspeople and insist on a tax reform vote, etc. Although I'm not sure I want tax reform that does away with the mortgage deduction or deduction for local municipal bond interest.... but that's another thread....

i like this thread.

"fortunately there was no internet", speaks for a lot of people, including me sometimes.

what we have now is the enormous change in the media. they have been identified as corrupt, contriving and politically manipulative.
the people didn't believe them, just enough for our nice country to elect a conservative.

the media market is over saturated, that's why the have to make up shit to boost ratings.

the new york times benedict arnold gazette is evil.

Last edited:
i like this thread.

"fortunately there was no internet", speaks for a lot of people, including me sometimes.

what we have now is the enormous change in the media. they have been identified as corrupt, contriving and politically manipulative.
the people didn't believe them, just enough for our nice country to elect a conservative.

the media market is over saturated, that's why the have to make up shit to boost ratings.

I feel like it's a symbiotic thing. Bird needed Magic. Ali needed Frazier. Esposito needed Orr (ironic hockey joke there). And Trump and the NYT need each other. The president of CNN admitted this. And president Trump admits this every time he has a cozy little lunch with their editors.

I like music. Back in the 80s before satellite radio, I listened to FM radio a lot. At a certain point, it seemed like every other song was Michael Jackson or Phil Collins. As much as I might've liked some of their songs, it became a pain to hear them come on the radio because they were overexposed. You'd turn on the TV, there they were. You'd turn on the radio, there they were. Fortunately there was no internet then. Anyway, hearing the same song too many times got really really stale to the point of putting them "on ignore."

Why do I tell you this? Because I feel like the President should use this vacation to stop any tweets that aren't on policy message. The whole "NYT is evil" thing etc is fine and all, but it is a drumbeat that is getting old. When I see these tweets, I just kind of tune them out as "white noise" (no pun intended). We get the point. Now point us in the direction of tax reform, etc. Work up the base to put pressure on their members of Congress, not just to be angry about the NYT. And if they're so evil, why does the President read them, much less meet with their editorial boards?

This diffusion of anger is not focused. It won't get us policy. Direct your followers to call their Congresspeople and insist on a tax reform vote, etc. Although I'm not sure I want tax reform that does away with the mortgage deduction or deduction for local municipal bond interest.... but that's another thread....
Moron again tweeted this morning about " fake news" and compiled his long list of who he thinks are the culprits.
This is getting so old and unbecoming a president but he's a runaway train and can't help himself..

i like this thread.

I feel like it's a symbiotic thing. Bird needed Magic. Ali needed Frazier. Esposito needed Orr (ironic hockey joke there). And Trump and the NYT need each other. The president of CNN admitted this. And president Trump admits this every time he has a cozy little lunch with their editors.
i disagree about the fifty shades of grey lady. i think they are turncoat.

Trump is a master of rounding up teams, and subsequent teamwork. if hillary was the president, i'd be doing the same thing to her as they are to Trump. that is all within the balance and gamesmanship of politics. and gameswomanship.

Trump s not just for the paparazzi anymore, debbie wasserman is though.... heh

she was complicit in the benghazi coverup.

Hey Trump hasn't pulled a SNowden yet. Give him credit!

Hey Trump hasn't pulled a SNowden yet. Give him credit!
The last GOP President who went on vacation in Aughust returned to work just in time to witness 3,000 Americans killed on their watch!!!!

Be alert America!!! Trump has low approval's in the 30's.......Another catastrophic terror attack will either get Trump removed from office for incompetence or his approvals will soar into 80's because America is at war.

Forum List

Back