the presidents speech

I recorded it!

Attachments

• $pResident.jpg
    $pResident.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 48
He was detached. It's not a comforting attitude at all.

Plus, he has already proved himself to be incompetent to me. Good God, what have we done.

You thought he seemed detached...from what exactly???

Anything specific you felt the president excluded from your need to be comforted over the troop draw down in Iraq?

Did we have to watch it to comment on it or can I be a Liberal and talk about things without bothering to look at the sources materials?

"We need to rebuild our nation" ?????

Seriously? What the fuck does that even mean?

Plus, he has already proved himself to be incompetent to me. Good God, what have we done.
The same damn thing you've done since alCIAduh killed JFK.
Voted against your own best interests.
Watch in Nov.
SAR
Same Assholes Return.

You thought he seemed detached...from what exactly???

Anything specific you felt the president excluded from your need to be comforted over the troop draw down in Iraq?
I don't need to be comforted over the troop draw down. Not what I said. His detachment is not comforting. Although, his general incompetence is more disconcerting.

"As the leader of the free world, America will do more than just defeat on the battlefield those who offer hatred and destruction -- we will also lead among those who are willing to work together to expand freedom and opportunity for all people.

Now, that effort must begin within our own borders. Throughout our history, America has been willing to bear the burden of promoting liberty and human dignity overseas, understanding its links to our own liberty and security. But we have also understood that our nation’s strength and influence abroad must be firmly anchored in our prosperity at home. And the bedrock of that prosperity must be a growing middle class.

Unfortunately, over the last decade, we’ve not done what’s necessary to shore up the foundations of our own prosperity. We spent a trillion dollars at war, often financed by borrowing from overseas. This, in turn, has short-changed investments in our own people, and contributed to record deficits.
For too long, we have put off tough decisions on everything from our manufacturing base to our energy policy to education reform. As a result, too many middle-class families find themselves working harder for less, while our nation’s long-term competitiveness is put at risk.

And so at this moment, as we wind down the war in Iraq, we must tackle those challenges at home with as much energy, and grit, and sense of common purpose as our men and women in uniform who have served abroad. They have met every test that they faced. Now, it’s our turn. Now, it’s our responsibility to honor them by coming together, all of us, and working to secure the dream that so many generations have fought for -- the dream that a better life awaits anyone who is willing to work for it and reach for it.

Our most urgent task is to restore our economy, and put the millions of Americans who have lost their jobs back to work. To strengthen our middle class, we must give all our children the education they deserve, and all our workers the skills that they need to compete in a global economy. We must jumpstart industries that create jobs, and end our dependence on foreign oil. We must unleash the innovation that allows new products to roll off our assembly lines, and nurture the ideas that spring from our entrepreneurs. This will be difficult. But in the days to come, it must be our central mission as a people, and my central responsibility as President.
"

"As the leader of the free world, America will do more than just defeat on the battlefield those who offer hatred and destruction -- we will also lead among those who are willing to work together to expand freedom and opportunity for all people.

Now, that effort must begin within our own borders. Throughout our history, America has been willing to bear the burden of promoting liberty and human dignity overseas, understanding its links to our own liberty and security. But we have also understood that our nation’s strength and influence abroad must be firmly anchored in our prosperity at home. And the bedrock of that prosperity must be a growing middle class.

Unfortunately, over the last decade, we’ve not done what’s necessary to shore up the foundations of our own prosperity. We spent a trillion dollars at war, often financed by borrowing from overseas. This, in turn, has short-changed investments in our own people, and contributed to record deficits.
For too long, we have put off tough decisions on everything from our manufacturing base to our energy policy to education reform. As a result, too many middle-class families find themselves working harder for less, while our nation’s long-term competitiveness is put at risk.

And so at this moment, as we wind down the war in Iraq, we must tackle those challenges at home with as much energy, and grit, and sense of common purpose as our men and women in uniform who have served abroad. They have met every test that they faced. Now, it’s our turn. Now, it’s our responsibility to honor them by coming together, all of us, and working to secure the dream that so many generations have fought for -- the dream that a better life awaits anyone who is willing to work for it and reach for it.

Our most urgent task is to restore our economy, and put the millions of Americans who have lost their jobs back to work. To strengthen our middle class, we must give all our children the education they deserve, and all our workers the skills that they need to compete in a global economy. We must jumpstart industries that create jobs, and end our dependence on foreign oil. We must unleash the innovation that allows new products to roll off our assembly lines, and nurture the ideas that spring from our entrepreneurs. This will be difficult. But in the days to come, it must be our central mission as a people, and my central responsibility as President.
"

I was going to post that later but since you mention it...

WHAT A FUCKING SCUMBAG!

The war cost a trillion dollars over 7 years what the fuck is he complaining about? How do you talk about honor and sacrifice of others than whine about the cost, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOUR ADMINISTRATION PISSED AWAY $850b IN AN EYE BLINK AND GOT NOTHING FOR IT!

We haven't put off ANY tough decisions, we've made the correct economic decisions, going to a green economy will have us living in caves.

Obama is a Marxist and a danger to our freedom. The Marxist Jihad stops in November

lets try to have a rational discussion about it.

he appears to be trying to project an image that he does not have. he seems to be projecting a calm leadership when i think he needs to be a charismatic leader just as he was when he was campaigning...he came off as rather aloof...

i didnt care for his choice of suits nor the family photos behind him
Charisma doesn't govern well.

Governing and campaigning are two different animals. One of the reasons I thought it was a huge mistake for Democrats to nominate Obama in 2008, was his lack of leadership experience or governmental experience on a level needed to govern the Executive Branch.

But Maureen Dowd has a great piece on your point(s). :lol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/01/opinion/01dowd.html?hp

President Obama did his Mission Relinquished address from his redecorated man cave.

The Oval Office was done over by the chichi decorator Michael Smith, who was previously paid $800,000 for his part in refurnishing the lair of the former Merrill Lynch C.E.O. John Thain (a $1.2 million project featuring the notorious $35,000 antique cabinet, or commode).

The man is completely aloof. Take away his teleprompter and speech writers and he fully proves his abject phoniness and complete disconnection with american citizens as he did last night. Hell, even David Gergen, one of his most ardent supporters, was disappointed and puzzled by that rambling nonsense Obama spewed last night. Obama is fully proving he doesn't have the ability to lead a lil' ol' lady across the street, let alone lead this great country.

lets try to have a rational discussion about it.

he appears to be trying to project an image that he does not have. he seems to be projecting a calm leadership when i think he needs to be a charismatic leader just as he was when he was campaigning...he came off as rather aloof...

i didnt care for his choice of suits nor the family photos behind him
Charisma doesn't govern well.

Governing and campaigning are two different animals. One of the reasons I thought it was a huge mistake for Democrats to nominate Obama in 2008, was his lack of leadership experience or governmental experience on a level needed to govern the Executive Branch.

But Maureen Dowd has a great piece on your point(s). :lol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/01/opinion/01dowd.html?hp

President Obama did his Mission Relinquished address from his redecorated man cave.

The Oval Office was done over by the chichi decorator Michael Smith, who was previously paid $800,000 for his part in refurnishing the lair of the former Merrill Lynch C.E.O. John Thain (a $1.2 million project featuring the notorious $35,000 antique cabinet, or commode).

oops...

Mission Finally Accomplished: Iraq war was not worth the honor, blood or money lost. Iraq will most likely end up with a strong arm leader ala Saddam.

We should have invaded and left.

I surprised that the critics and analysts of the President's speech did not pick up on the following point. In this speech, as on other recent occasions, the President has emphasized the need to "break the momentum" of the Taliban. Here is how he phrased it in last night's speech:

"Within Afghanistan, I have ordered the deployment of additional troops who–under the command of General David Petraeus –are fighting to break the Taliban’s momentum. As with the surge in Iraq, these forces will be in place for a limited time to provide space for the Afghans to build their capacity and secure their own future."

Isn't this phrasing an admission that the "momentum" (i.e the trend of events in this military conflict) is on the side of the enemy?

Or would someone else care to offer a less alarmist interpretation of the President's choice of words?

"

WHAT A FUCKING SCUMBAG!

The war cost a trillion dollars over 7 years what the fuck is he complaining about? How do you talk about honor and sacrifice of others than whine about the cost, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOUR ADMINISTRATION PISSED AWAY $850b IN AN EYE BLINK AND GOT NOTHING FOR IT!

We haven't put off ANY tough decisions, we've made the correct economic decisions, going to a green economy will have us living in caves.

Obama is a Marxist and a danger to our freedom. The Marxist Jihad stops in November

You need to get over your personal feelings for Obama the man and remember that he is currently the President of the United States of America making a speech about the draw down of a current military mission. You asked what he meant about rebuilding America..He was obviously talking about rebuilding our economy...Why do you think is he such a scumbag for acknowledging the cost of war?

Last edited:
I surprised that the critics and analysts of the President's speech did not pick up on the following point. In this speech, as on other recent occasions, the President has emphasized the need to "break the momentum" of the Taliban. Here is how he phrased it in last night's speech:

"Within Afghanistan, I have ordered the deployment of additional troops who–under the command of General David Petraeus –are fighting to break the Taliban’s momentum. As with the surge in Iraq, these forces will be in place for a limited time to provide space for the Afghans to build their capacity and secure their own future."

Isn't this phrasing an admission that the "momentum" (i.e the trend of events in this military conflict) is on the side of the enemy?

Or would someone else care to offer a less alarmist interpretation of the President's choice of words?
The problem with the man is his constant projections of strategy to the enemy. What fucking leader is stupid enough to sit there and tell the enemy when we will be leaving. What impression does that leave on our allies who also have troops in harms way. What does that tell the Afghani government who is dependent on us and our allies?

General Conway of the USMC was absolutely right for hammering Obama the other day.

Last edited:

"

WHAT A FUCKING SCUMBAG!

You need to get over your personal feelings for Obama the man and remember that he is currently the President of the Untied States of America making a speech about the draw down of a current military mission. You asked what he meant about rebuilding America..He was obviously talking about rebuilding our economy...Why do you think is he such a scumbag for acknowledging the cost of war?

Your boy Obama is a hazard. He is a fucking scumbag for mentioning the cost because it's just so totally inappropriate, it's disgusting, it's vile. No real leader would ever talk about the honor and sacrifice of soldiers and then whine about the price tag. He implied that the spending was why our economy needs to be "rebuilt" Again, especially after spending nearly that much himself on a failed Stimulus program

We don't need to be "rebuilt" That assumes something is structurally wrong when all that is wrong is that Progressives (Marxists) got voted into office.

Recovery starts in November and Obama is still a fucking scumabg

It's official: another idiot has invaded USMB :evil:

It's official: another idiot has invaded USMB :evil:
It's just NOW become official that you've invaded the USMB?

I know you're a lil' slow, and definitely not the brightest light on the ol' xmas tree, but christ lil' man you invaded this board looooooooooong ago!

Now, you run along lil' man and keep trying to nail that JELLO to the wall. One day ya' just might figure it out!

:razz:

Forum List

Back