The President would be right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RetiredGySgt, Sep 22, 2007.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,978
    The President has called our "compassionate" Liberal Democrats in Congress Irresponsible, why you ask? Because they keep trying to pass a bill they don't have the votes for, that they know they do not have the votes for, while the President has ask them to pass an extension of the current bill till they either get the votes to override him or they realize they won't get the votes.

The "children" will suffer, not because of the President, but because the Democrats want to play politics with their health coverage.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070922/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

2. DiogenesDog

DiogenesDog Zen Bonobo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    With all due respect, (I paraphrase)

that he might not be the greatest on figgerin' (Yale MBA term) out economic questions. He went on to add that he is not an economics president, but, he is a president that is keeping your taxes low and reining in unnecessary spending.

I about shot a big bite of chili-dog I was eating out my nose.

My disappointment with this half stepping Dem. Congress is profound. I have to attribute a good deal of it to the "wide stance", "toe-tapping" pics that are being held in reserve to hold them in check. Fortunately this president has yet to castle, so he is still open to a k./b. gambit.

Did any body but me see a Hiefer and Rocko relationship between Karl and W?

I AM

3. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    So somehow its the Democrats fault that Bush refuses to expand coverage of the program? I see...its all so clear from your unbiased perspective RGS.

4. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,978
    They are claiming it is his fault that the current program will end. He has repeatedly stated he WILL sign an extension. They, being Congress , have to create said bill and send it to him. They refuse to do so. Rather they prefer to play politics with children's health care and then trying to blame it on the President.

Using that standard the President could never veto any bill or complain about anything at all. I will remember this when a Democrat is President and Vetos any bill at all. Or when Congress refuses to pass any bill that is similar.

5. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127

So you and Bush have no problem finding all the money you want to fight your war in Iraq, but you can't bring yourself to spend 30 billion over 5 years for american children's health insurance.

6. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    They are both playing politics. Congressional Democrats want to cover more children under the bill than Bush does...they are both trying to get their way.

Umm what? You seem to be confused...under what standard exactly do you think "the President could never veto any bill" ?

7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    Bush wants to cut out coverage for children whose families make too much to qualify for medicaid but not enough to pay for private healthcare, leaving children who CURRENTLY have health care without any coverage.

He has stated he will not sign any bill that covers these people.

Why should the democrats send him a bill that is inadequate?

I guess the cause and effect confused the guy with the MBA from Yale.

8. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,978
    I suggest you learn to read, President Bush is opposed to expanding the program to people THAT CAN afford insurance. But then facts and reality never do matter to liberals.

Meanwhile the Democrats are claiming it is the President's fault the democrats won't extend the current bill that DOES cover children who's parents can't afford insurance.

9. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Umm, thats not a "fact"...actually thats something under dispute as to whether those families actually can afford insurance for their kids. Bush says yes, Congress says no.

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    HE says that the people he's cutting CAN afford it. I'd suggest YOU do a bit of reseach to see what it costs to raise a family.

Are you incpable of having a conversation that doesn't use the word "libeals" and decides for the entire half of the population who disagrees with you what WE think?

Thought not.

Cheers. I truly lack the patience for that kind of stuff today.