Someone gets it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RetiredGySgt, Sep 26, 2007.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,021
    Finally I see some democrats DO get the idea.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070926/ap_on_go_co/petraeus_moveon

Though it would appear 79 did not.

I like this guys take on it...

And as I recall Hillary did not vote for the Senate version. Nor Did Obama.

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    If liberals are so damn oppressed, how do they afford a full-page ad in the NYT? I couldn't get a want ad run with my views if I paid a million bucks!

3. jasendorf

jasendorf Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    All this vote was was a bunch of politicians bowing down at the altar of political correctness. Nothing more.

4. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    or acknowledging the unhelpful silliness that was the move on add.

BETRAY-us? are we in third grade again? at LEAST they could ahve had it written in Mandarine Chinese.... Might reach the largest amount of Americans that way, you know?

5. jasendorf

jasendorf Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    betray-us... it's a homophonic allusion... all the uproar over this was nothing more than a contrivance... the same people who were all upset about this didn't seem to worry to much when the Swifties were attacking John Kerry... or Bob Kerrey... or John McCain... or Max Cleland...

Republicans cut loose any veteran who doesn't parrot the most extreme of right-wing ideologies and feed them to the dogs... their mock-indignation over this silly ad was nothing more than pandering to emotion combined with a healthy fear of political correctness.

6. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Can you prove that the same people blah blah blah? I CARED when Kerry and Mccain were having their military records tore up by dumb shit like this. and I CARE that this like this reflects negatively on dems. This, for me, is not about political correctness. This is about cleaning out your own house.

7. jasendorf

jasendorf Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    It's pandering to political correctness... nothing more, nothing less. It's about not ***offending*** anyone or anything. Whaaaaaaa... someone called a general a bad name... I'm pretty sure that the commander of the greatest army to ever exist on the planet in all of history can withstand a little name calling... or do politicians think the general is so weak that he can't stomach something far less than sticks and stones?

8. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    no, sorry. It's not merely about being politically correct.

Again, it's about cleaning your own house before expecting others to do the same. The Betray-us ad was a childish tantrum feuled by sour grapes which soiled democrats by lumping us all together in this lasso of stupidity. dont like Petraeus? Dont think he's telling the truth? Thnk he is a white house lapdog? Try expressing such without looking like a tantrum throwing child being told they cannot have a candybar every time they walk through a check out isle. Betray-us is not wit. It was not necessary. It doesn't help. the headline wa a fucking ad hominem, for christs sakes. do you take debate seriously when referred to as "balls in the mouth" jasendorf?

9. jasendorf

jasendorf Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Since I'm an actively serving member of the U.S. military, by calling me a name, you're now EXACTLY the same as MoveOn. Thanks for playing. You lose.

10. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    I asked you a question about debate and ad hominems and did not call you anything..

but, Im glad you can admit that you would walk away from debate upon being called a name like "Balls In The Mouth" Jasendorf.

see, turnabout IS fairplay!