Someone gets it

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Finally I see some democrats DO get the idea.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070926/ap_on_go_co/petraeus_moveon

Though it would appear 79 did not.

I like this guys take on it...

Wisconsin Rep. David Obey, a veteran Democrat, recounted how he left the Republican Party during the era of Sen. Joseph McCarthy, R-Wis., and said that lawmakers have an obligation to criticize their allies as well as their enemies when they go too far.

"I've got an obligation to be equally upset when that kind of juvenile debate emanates from the left," Obey said.

And as I recall Hillary did not vote for the Senate version. Nor Did Obama.

If liberals are so damn oppressed, how do they afford a full-page ad in the NYT? I couldn't get a want ad run with my views if I paid a million bucks!

All this vote was was a bunch of politicians bowing down at the altar of political correctness. Nothing more.

or acknowledging the unhelpful silliness that was the move on add.

BETRAY-us? are we in third grade again? at LEAST they could ahve had it written in Mandarine Chinese.... Might reach the largest amount of Americans that way, you know?

or acknowledging the unhelpful silliness that was the move on add.

BETRAY-us? are we in third grade again? at LEAST they could ahve had it written in Mandarine Chinese.... Might reach the largest amount of Americans that way, you know?

betray-us... it's a homophonic allusion... all the uproar over this was nothing more than a contrivance... the same people who were all upset about this didn't seem to worry to much when the Swifties were attacking John Kerry... or Bob Kerrey... or John McCain... or Max Cleland...

Republicans cut loose any veteran who doesn't parrot the most extreme of right-wing ideologies and feed them to the dogs... their mock-indignation over this silly ad was nothing more than pandering to emotion combined with a healthy fear of political correctness.

betray-us... it's a homophonic allusion... all the uproar over this was nothing more than a contrivance... the same people who were all upset about this didn't seem to worry to much when the Swifties were attacking John Kerry... or Bob Kerrey... or John McCain... or Max Cleland...

Republicans cut loose any veteran who doesn't parrot the most extreme of right-wing ideologies and feed them to the dogs... their mock-indignation over this silly ad was nothing more than pandering to emotion combined with a healthy fear of political correctness.

Can you prove that the same people blah blah blah? I CARED when Kerry and Mccain were having their military records tore up by dumb shit like this. and I CARE that this like this reflects negatively on dems. This, for me, is not about political correctness. This is about cleaning out your own house.

Can you prove that the same people blah blah blah? I CARED when Kerry and Mccain were having their military records tore up by dumb shit like this. and I CARE that this like this reflects negatively on dems. This, for me, is not about political correctness. This is about cleaning out your own house.

It's pandering to political correctness... nothing more, nothing less. It's about not ***offending*** anyone or anything. Whaaaaaaa... someone called a general a bad name... I'm pretty sure that the commander of the greatest army to ever exist on the planet in all of history can withstand a little name calling... or do politicians think the general is so weak that he can't stomach something far less than sticks and stones?

no, sorry. It's not merely about being politically correct.

Again, it's about cleaning your own house before expecting others to do the same. The Betray-us ad was a childish tantrum feuled by sour grapes which soiled democrats by lumping us all together in this lasso of stupidity. dont like Petraeus? Dont think he's telling the truth? Thnk he is a white house lapdog? Try expressing such without looking like a tantrum throwing child being told they cannot have a candybar every time they walk through a check out isle. Betray-us is not wit. It was not necessary. It doesn't help. the headline wa a fucking ad hominem, for christs sakes. do you take debate seriously when referred to as "balls in the mouth" jasendorf?

Again, it's about cleaning your own house before expecting others to do the same. The Betray-us ad was a childish tantrum feuled by sour grapes which soiled democrats by lumping us all together in this lasso of stupidity. dont like Petraeus? Dont think he's telling the truth? Thnk he is a white house lapdog? Try expressing such without looking like a tantrum throwing child being told they cannot have a candybar every time they walk through a check out isle. Betray-us is not wit. It was not necessary. It doesn't help. the headline wa a fucking ad hominem, for christs sakes. do you take debate seriously when referred to as "balls in the mouth" jasendorf?

Since I'm an actively serving member of the U.S. military, by calling me a name, you're now EXACTLY the same as MoveOn. Thanks for playing. You lose.

I asked you a question about debate and ad hominems and did not call you anything..

but, Im glad you can admit that you would walk away from debate upon being called a name like "Balls In The Mouth" Jasendorf.

see, turnabout IS fairplay!

personally,I think the attack wa well placed, tho could have been handled a bit differently. If he plays lap-dog to Bush (which seems to be the case) instead of telling the absolute truth. then the title is quite accurate.

Is it posible to convey as much without stepping down to a third grade level?

use the force, luke.

I asked you a question about debate and ad hominems and did not call you anything..

but, Im glad you can admit that you would walk away from debate upon being called a name like "Balls In The Mouth" Jasendorf.

see, turnabout IS fairplay!

I demand a Congressional Resolution denouncing your name calling!!!! I'm ***OUTRAGED***!!!!

Did General Patraeus respond to MoveOn? No! And I will not stoop to your MoveOn level either!

hehehehe...

Would you put my QUESTION and a NYT ADVERT on the same, uh, page?

That is funny as hell shit. You are aware that the RNC and President Bush disavowed any support for the Swift boat veterans and the free and unbiased MSM refused to run their ads and report their claims in the press? Notice though that Moveon has no problem getting anyone to run their ads.

Forum List

Back