The Pre-Pelosi Era

Huh? December 2007? Wasnt it January 2007 that she did? The election being November 2006?

:cuckoo: It's been that kind of week....

Just curious....am I the one who had that kind of week or was it you?

I really am starting to think maybe I am wrong? I have found deferring to you usually winds up being the correct route to go.

Minimum-Wage Increase Fails

"Republicans argued that an increase in the minimum wage would discourage employers from hiring workers and would hinder people in the early stages of their careers from gaining skills and advancing. "

Error - washingtonpost.com icle/2006/06/21/AR2006062101069.html

THEN:

Sen. Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts said Thursday that increasing the federal minimum wage from $5.15 to $7.25 would be his top priority as chairman of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions.

On the House side, incoming Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., already has listed an increase in the minimum wage as one of the issues that would be taken up during the first 100 hours of the next Congress."
Democrats join to raise minimum wage - Business - msnbc.com

THEN:

"The unemployment rate for young Americans has exploded to 52.2 percent -- a post-World War II high, according to the Labor Dept. -- meaning millions of Americans are staring at the likelihood that their lifetime earning potential will be diminished and, combined with the predicted slow economic recovery, their transition into productive members of society could be put on hold for an extended period of time.

And worse, without a clear economic recovery plan aimed at creating entry-level jobs, the odds of many of these young adults -- aged 16 to 24, excluding students -- getting a job and moving out of their parents' houses are long. Young workers have been among the hardest hit during the current recession -- in which a total of 9.5 million jobs have been lost. "

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/the_dead_e nd_kids_AnwaWNOGqsXMuIlGONNX1K"

:cuckoo: It's been that kind of week....

I really am starting to think maybe I am wrong? I have found deferring to you usually winds up being the correct route to go.

No, you weren't wrong. The election was in Nov 2006. Pelosi would have taken the leadership in Jan 2007. My body came back from vacation but my brain is still out of the office.

where did you go on vacation?

Hvae you heard? I am on a permanent vacation...retired a few months ago.

No, you weren't wrong. The election was in Nov 2006. Pelosi would have taken the leadership in Jan 2007. My body came back from vacation but my brain is still out of the office.

Congrats on retirement! That's outstanding. I was actually on a mix of 'work'/vacation to a place in the Caribbean we've discussed before in private.

This trip turned out to be a lot more vacation than work. It's hard to work when your partners drink rum at lunch every day.

Congrats on retirement! That's outstanding. I was actually on a mix of 'work'/vacation to a place in the Caribbean we've discussed before in private.

This trip turned out to be a lot more vacation than work. It's hard to work when your partners drink rum at lunch every day.

Ahhh...yes.....I recall.
They onlky drank rum at lunch?

When I am away, I start drinking right before breakfast...and I eat breakfast while I watch the sunrise.

Yeah...54 and I cashed it in. Wife is working....has her own little thing going...well....it is actually getting quite big.....she has always been the brains of the family.

Forum List

Back