The Political Quote Game

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Its a very simple game. One person posts a quote and you respond to it with a quote of your own.

I'll begin

"If men through fear, fraud or mistake, should in terms renounce and give up any essential natural right, the eternal law of reason and the great end of society, would absolutely vacate such renunciation; the right to freedom being the gift of God Almighty, it is not in the power of Man to alienate this gift, and voluntarily become a slave."

--John Adams, Rights of the Colonists, 1772

Its a very simple game. One person posts a quote and you respond to it with a quote of your own.

I'll begin

"If men through fear, fraud or mistake, should in terms renounce and give up any essential natural right, the eternal law of reason and the great end of society, would absolutely vacate such renunciation; the right to freedom being the gift of God Almighty, it is not in the power of Man to alienate this gift, and voluntarily become a slave."

"I will not be a slave to any man, nor to any god"
--MountainMan, a quote of my own, 2009

Sir Humphrey Appleby still has some of the best political quotes I have even heard, like this explanation of Britain's attitude towards the EU.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZUOkGxGUVs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZUOkGxGUVs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I'll begin

"I will not be a slave to any man, nor to any god"
--MountainMan, a quote of my own, 2009

A quote of my own:

"Why is East Hampton, Connecticut 30 miles west of Hampton, Connecticut?"

"The tenth plank in Karl Marx's Manifesto for destroying our kind of civilization advocated the establishment of "free education for all children in public schools." There were several reasons why Marx wanted government to run the schools.&#8230;one of them [was that] &#8216;It is capable of exact demonstration that if every party in the State has the right of excluding from public schools whatever he does not believe to be true, then he that believes most must give way to him that believes least, and then he that believes least must give way to him that believes absolutely nothing, no matter in how small a minority the atheists or agnostics may be.&#8217;

It is self-evident that on this scheme, if it is consistently and persistently carried out in all parts of the country, the United States system of national popular education will be the most efficient and widespread instrument for the propagation of atheism which the world has ever seen."
&#8212; Ezra Taft Benson

Americans need to learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers or therapists.
John Cleese

Anyone wishing to communicate with Americans should do so by e-mail, which has been specifically invented for the purpose, involving neither physical proximity nor speech.
Auberon Waugh

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." -Joe Biden

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." -Joe Biden on Barack Obama

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." -Joe Biden

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”
Adolf Hitler

:eusa_shhh:

"The rest of you pansy-ass tea drinking pussies drafted a constitution while I was out fighting a fucking war to save your sorry asses, you better make me the president, dammit."
---George Washington

"Shit, I didn't think they'd get this Fucking mad." - Saddam Hussein, 2003

I took a trip by myself in January of 2002 to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria, and I told each of the heads of state that it was my view that George Bush had already made up his mind to go to war against Iraq, that that was a predetermined set course which had taken shape shortly after 9/11.
Sen Jay Rockefeller (D)

"But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down," - Bill Bennett, Education Secretary under Bush I

"Blessed are the young for they shall inherit the national debt." - Herbert Hoover

I found this national debt, doubled, wrapped in a big bow waiting for me as I stepped into the Oval Office.
Barack Obama

Then I Decided to quadruple it (i think that was just the voice in his head only i can hear)

Forum List

Back