CDZ The Political Compass for Trump & Clinton

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
I've taken the test here and end up a small government type of leftest despite my love of the military, gun rights and the death penalty.....maybe its my detest of the government telling me (or you more importantly) if we can have an abortion or not and my love of compulsive healthcare so my neighbors HAVE TO carry insurance.

The Political Compass

Interesting to see where they put Trump and Clinton:

us2016.png

Perhaps it is their longer term view of left and right?

People do move about but generally stay about the same. During the primaries it was a bit different:

usprimaries2016.png

Have any of you all fooled about here or have any ideas?

I've taken the test here and end up a small government type of leftest despite my love of the military, gun rights and the death penalty.....maybe its my detest of the government telling me (or you more importantly) if we can have an abortion or not and my love of compulsive healthcare so my neighbors HAVE TO carry insurance.

The Political Compass

us2016.png

People do move about but generally stay about the same. During the primaries it was a bit different:

usprimaries2016.png

LOL... That's your idea of a politically ideological "move?"

To put what I mean in context. If we were talking about moving from one neighborhood to another it'd be like:
  • Beverly Hills, L.A. <--> Bel Air, L.A.
  • Upper East Side, NYC <--> Upper West Side, NYC
  • Woodland Normanstone Terrace, D.C. <--> Kalorama, D.C.or Foxhall, D.C.
  • Palm Beach, FL (not West Palm Beach) <--> Jupiter, FL
  • Southampton, NY <--> Newport, RI
In other words, qualitatively it's such a small move, that nobody would think there's much that's changed.

I would swear I saw those same charts elsewhere on the forum...don't know if it was in Politics or in the CDZ.

I might have put one up four years back. If I recall I was four left and four down back then. Now I'm almost 6.88 left and almost 5 down. Really I feel neither party represents me though.

Regardless, these things are almost for entertainment. A pro-life leftist might just vote Republican just on that one issue for example. Or one might vote against Trump because he seems too angry. I like Social Security and forced Health Insurance so I am more likely to vote for them folks.

I would swear I saw those same charts elsewhere on the forum...don't know if it was in Politics or in the CDZ.

I might have put one up four years back. If I recall I was four left and four down back then. Now I'm almost 6.88 left and almost 5 down. Really I feel neither party represents me though.

Regardless, these things are almost for entertainment. A pro-life leftist might just vote Republican just on that one issue for example. Or one might vote against Trump because he seems too angry. I like Social Security and forced Health Insurance so I am more likely to vote for them folks.

It was not four years ago. I haven't been a member that long and I would never go digging through four years of thread topics/posts.

I'd seen it recently. Here is the thread in which I saw it: It's Time Again- Your Political Compass

The Political Compass

us2016.png

usprimaries2016.png

I'm sorry......clinton should be a lot closer to sanders...she hides it.

If you don't mind my asking...with your views on guns, the military and the death penalty.....which party do you vote for?

The Political Compass

us2016.png

usprimaries2016.png

If you don't mind my asking...with your views on guns, the military and the death penalty.....which party do you vote for?

I don't vote for parties. If I could I'd outlaw them but I'm sorta a Constitutionalist so I can't figure out how to.

The Political Compass

us2016.png

usprimaries2016.png

I don't vote for parties. If I could I'd outlaw them but I'm sorta a Constitutionalist so I can't figure out how to.

What must be done to outlaw political parties isn't hard at all. Devising a plausibly successful implementation strategy and set of tactics to achieve the stated outcome is what is hard.

The only peaceful (relatively speaking) way to outlaw political parties in the U.S. is to constrain people's right associate freely. To do that legally, one must amend the Constitution. So that is what one must do before outlawing political parties.

How does one begin that process? Well, by composing a cogent case that the existence of political parties is such a horrible thing that we should disallow them. That's been done by quite a few folks to greater and lesser degrees and with more and fewer amounts of cogency and conviction, here is just one. The next step is to generate or coalesce sufficient support for one's ideas. This has yet to occur, and, frankly, until it has happened (at least to a meaningful effect), there's not much point in pondering the nature of steps three and beyond.

The Political Compass

us2016.png

usprimaries2016.png

Somewhat entertaining, but otherwise another transparent attempt to portray Republicans as extremists and Democrats as moderates. Apparently, the radical leftist policies of the current administration are now the norm and any deviation from the path it has set is seen as a dangerous precedent.

For example, eight years ago there was no ACA and the national debt was half of what it is today. Why is it now considered heresy to reverse these trends? Is Bernie Sanders really a centrist for wanting to double our national debt again? Would Hillary Clinton be less likely to rule by executive fiat than an "authoritarian" Donald Trump?

Is adherence to the Constitution and rule of law really more extreme than what we have today?

Forum List

Back