The Patriots

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheStripey1, Jun 3, 2007.

1. TheStripey1

TheStripey1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I saw an interesting movie yesterday and this man was one of the panelists discussing what had just transpired during that movie. So this morning I googled him and found this:

Are YOU a patriot?

2. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Interesting concept, obviously the Tally Ho Ho Ho crowd is gonna have trouble getting behind a group that will include Hagels and Pauls as well as Edwards and Obamas.

It kinda goes against the grain of the established group think.

Partisans are always full of shit to some degree.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    What I found interesting was being reminded of a bit of history this afternoon. Did you know Hitler set about taking complete control by first legislating a consolidation of power in the event of national emergency, then creating an emergency?

I had forgotten it.

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    Your point? And Hitler did a bit more than that AND had his own army. He was raised to power just a few years after being convicted of Treason and imprisoned. The people in "the know" thought he was controllable.

Do some research on Stalin, you will find he too came to power because no one thought he was dangerous.

There is no one in this country with the kind of opportunity and resources Stalin and Hitler had, well the liberals through the democratic party have a strong presence in the rank and file of the Government work force, but they are not likely to be willing to support an overt Coup. There is a strong Conservative presence in the Military, but again, highly unlikely our military would support a coup.

5. TheStripey1

TheStripey1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    speak for yourself, dimbulb. I'll be going to see Dr Bowman speak, maybe you should climb out of your self imposed exile and join me.

nahhhhh, you might learn something.

6. TheStripey1

TheStripey1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Yep... the burning of the Reichstag (sp)... are you hip to False Flag operations?

7. TheStripey1

TheStripey1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    As olde as you are, you may well remember the last attempted coup in the USofA... do you recall it? It was in the early 30s and it was perpetrated NOT by liberals as you think, but by rich businessmen... Imagine that.

And unlike rsr who always makes outlandish claims then runs away and hides under his rock when asked for links... I have them for you...

8. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Hitler claimed the act of a lone lunatic, Martinus van der Lubbe, was a part of a Communist plot to seize control of the German government. That act was the burning of the Reichstag which led to Hitler's suspension of the Weimar constitution, declaring that,

<blockquote>Thus restrictions on personal liberty, on the right of free expression of opinion, including freedom of the press, on the right of assembly and association, and violations of the privacy of portal, telegraphic, and telephonic communications and warrants for house searches, orders for confiscations as well as restrictions on property rights are permissible beyond the legal limits other wise prescribed. - <i>The Coming of the Third Reich</i>, Richard J. Evans, pg 333</blockquote>

These restrictions were in effect until "further notice". This "Reichstag declaration" set the stage for the bloody, brutal suppression of political opposition that followed.

The sentiments of that declaration seem to be echoed in <a href=http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html>NATIONAL SECURITY PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE/NSPD 51</a>, which Dubbyuh signed without fanfare on 5/9/07.

This directive is disturbing in and of itself, but is even more so in light of Dubbyuh's behavior of late.

<blockquote> Friends of his from Texas were shocked recently to find him nearly wild-eyed, thumping himself on the chest three times while he repeated "I am the president!" He also made it clear he was setting Iraq up so his successor could not get out of "our country's destiny." - <a href=http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-geyer_31edi.ART.State.Edition1.4370227.html>Georgie Anne Geyer</a>, 5/31/07</blockquote>

And then there's this from the April 30th edition of <i>The Nelson Report</i>

<blockquote>Some big money players up from Texas recently paid a visit to their friend in the White House. The story goes that they got out exactly one question, and the rest of the meeting consisted of The President in an extended whine, a rant, actually, about no one understands him, the critics are all messed up, if only people would see what he&#8217;s doing things would be OK&#8230;etc., etc. This is called a &#8220;bunker mentality&#8221; and it&#8217;s not attractive when a friend does it. When the friend is the President of the United States, it can be downright dangerous.</blockquote>

Seems that the next step on his slide into oblivion is talking to the presidential portraits, in addition to whining about how unappreciated he is. We can only hope he doesn't drag the rest of the world down with him.

9. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Good to see the level of awareness of the possibilities, I hope it's widespread across your nation.

10. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Sadly, it's not.