the party of

So 2012 will be simply an election to take one party out of power and replace them with the other set of bums. The Tea Party seems to be the only group that actually wants to stop the "one set of bums or the other set of bums" that we've been subjected to the last 20-years.

Have you actually seen the bums the Tea Party is suggesting as alternatives?

Send the country back 40 years

Yeah, heaven forbid we restore Constitutional principles in America. That's just unacceptable.

So 2012 will be simply an election to take one party out of power and replace them with the other set of bums. The Tea Party seems to be the only group that actually wants to stop the "one set of bums or the other set of bums" that we've been subjected to the last 20-years.

Have you actually seen the bums the Tea Party is suggesting as alternatives?

Yeah, heaven forbid we restore Constitutional principles in America. That's just unacceptable.

What exactly has been found to be unconstitutional from the current administration?

Just because your candidates were not elected does not make it unconstitutional

In terms of the role of government, I'd say that's a fine idea. Better yet, roll it back 80.

We have ourselves a Herbert Hoover fan!

We know how that one turned out

The fact that I do not approve of FDR's policies in no way makes me a Hoover fan. As a matter of fact, it's not even logical to construe that I would be a fan of Hoover being that FDR's big government tax policies were nothing more than an extrapolation of what Hoover had already started and what actually drove us into depression.

Actually no, we don't really like progressives whether they are Republican or Democrat.

Whoops, I was too late.

Yeah, heaven forbid we actually take Herbert Hoover by his word when he said he was a progressive. Or look at his policies designed to fix the Depression with government intervention. Nah we have to assume that because he was a Republican he was Conservative. Otherwise it might hurt our phoney little image of him.

Last edited:
Actually no, we don't really like progressives whether they are Republican or Democrat.

Whoops, I was too late.

Yeah, heaven forbid we actually take Herbert Hoover by his word when he said he was a progressive. Or look at his politicies creating designed to fix the Depression with government intervention. Nah we have to assume that because he was a Republican he was Conservative. Otherwise it might hurt our phoney little image of him.
YAAAY!

The Hegelian dialectic is soooooo much fuuuuunnnn! ;)

In terms of the role of government, I'd say that's a fine idea. Better yet, roll it back 80.

The fact that I do not approve of FDR's policies in no way makes me a Hoover fan. As a matter of fact, it's not even logical to construe that I would be a fan of Hoover being that FDR's big government tax policies were nothing more than an extrapolation of what Hoover had already started and what actually drove us into depression.

Oh ...I get it!

Kind of like how everything Obama has accomplished was really Bush's idea

Hoover was an old style Progressive who generally believed in free markets and associationalism. He was no type of liberal.

The Democratic Party only seems to be far left because the Republican Party is SO far right.

Vocal far left in the Democratic Party are dragged back to center because the Democratic Party is a true coalition unlike the white, conservative Republican Party. 90% one race.

The vocal left get dragged back to a false center because the democrats are craven pussies who cannot or will not stand firm on the principles that get them elected to office in the first place. It is what it is.

when obie wan gets his ass kicked in Nov. and the Republicans take back the house or the senate or both, it'll make your heads swim watching obie wan scream for "bipartisanship.. and I will go :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I hope the demonRats still like that 51 vote majority they done drug out and used! I'm sure do.

It isn't that we don't like our friends who are progressives. Some, both here on USMB and in real life too, I am crazy wow about.

But I think we--speaking of the pro-American conservative group--are so aware of the havoc that progressive policies have caused that we can't support much, if any, of that general philosophy.

Some think the GOP is a mess because of its right wing extremists. Well we aren't crazy about them either, but if that is what makes the GOP a mess, the Democrats should sure be in a worse mess because they have more radical leftwing extremist groups than the GOP has.

No, what has made the GOP a mess is that they forgot their real base, their real core principles and have behaved too much like progressives. And that is no longer acceptable to a lot of us.

Even the GOP extremist groups are progressive in that they want government to be the solution for their particular focus.

Last edited:
QUOTE=WillowTree;2408186]when obie wan gets his ass kicked in Nov. and the Republicans take back the house or the senate or both, it'll make your heads swim watching obie wan scream for "bipartisanship.. and I will go :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I hope the demonRats still like that 51 vote majority they done drug out and used! I'm sure do.[/QUOTE]

You are delusional. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Stupid is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. The GOP has been the Party of No and Denial, and the American public has not forgiven it. Thus the GOP will remain in the minority.

I am saving this to send to you day after election.

The Democratic Party only seems to be far left because the Republican Party is SO far right.

Vocal far left in the Democratic Party are dragged back to center because the Democratic Party is a true coalition unlike the white, conservative Republican Party. 90% one race.

The vocal left get dragged back to a false center because the democrats are craven pussies who cannot or will not stand firm on the principles that get them elected to office in the first place. It is what it is.

this is true....even though Dean doesnt think so.......some people have said the same thing about the Republicans and the far-right....

How does compromising with people who want to fundamentally transform this nation into a totalitarian state serve the interests of America?

Every elected official has sworn an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. There are far too many politicians from both parties who take that oath lightly. But why should any politicians compromise with others in their blatant attempts to violate their oaths?

high time *we* started to make them account by highlighting their violations and make it known far and wide...

has the tea party forced the gop so far to the right that the only alternative is the democratic party?

Don't know. Have the "liberals" gone so far left that the only alternative is the Republican Party?

RealClearPolitics - Video - Hardball: Moderate Democrats Being Pushed Out?

Of course, you could be smart like me, think for yourself, and not vote for either one.
Which "moderate" democratics?

There's NO such thing.

Hahahaha, who know they HAVE to work with Democrats.

In other words, give in to their every DEMAND to hose the American people.

and you just gotta love this line.
There is the old intolerant, gun-toting, immigrant-bashing, mainly southern right which sees any form of co-operation as treachery, even blasphemy.

stopped reading when I got to there.:lol:

Good thing. It's gobbledygook nonsnese...and speaking of bashing? Note they rail on RED SouthernStates that still take the Constitution seriously?

Forum List

Back