CDZ The Party of Trump will be Gone some Day, what then?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Daryl Hunt, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Daryl Hunt

Daryl Hunt Your Worst Nightmare Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,262
    Half the population? You certainly flatter yourself, there cupcake. Right now, only a fraction of the population on either side are being represented. The smaller group IS in charge. It sounds much bigger than it is. It's not bigger, it's just

LOUDER!!!!!!!!

2. Daryl Hunt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,262
    Getting serious now. I think Sen. Romney or Kasich would be comfortable presenting that 1956 Rep Plank with minor changes. And If they were to be given the chance, many of the Moderate Rs would vote for them if it were presented correctly. The Dems would not have a leg to stand on. We haven't moved on, the extremists would like us to believe that. In reality, I think the majority of the American People would find the old GOP a much better fit than the extremist Dems or the Radical Party of Trump. But until the party of Trump runs it's course, we can't find out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Correll

Correll Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,935

You quibble over percentages when I was obviously making vast generalizations, in order to avoid addressing my point,

BECAUSE YOU KNOW MY ACTUALLY POINT IS COMPLETELY CORRECT.

You are falsely smearing half the population as racist, which pisses off EVERYONE.

Your actions are the cause of the problem, yours and all the other people doing the same actions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. jasonnfree

jasonnfree Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,035
    Lot's of great ideas you present, Daryl. Any suggestions for how to get big money out of politics? Our politicians spend too much time begging for money for their next elections and satisfying the big donors.

5. Daryl Hunt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,262
    Yes. Adopt the 1956 GOP Plank.
    Republican Party Platform of 1956 | The American Presidency Project

We condemn illegal lobbying for any cause and improper use of money in political activities, including the use of funds collected by compulsion for political purposes contrary to the personal desires of the individual.

Think about what that says. The first stop is to rescind the Citizens United Pact. That had to be one of the dumbest and corrupt pieces of legislation I have ever seen. And that prompted the Supreme Court to have to make that stupid ruling about a Corporation IS an individual. The Supreme Court can only rule on what is on the books so they had no choice but to rule that way. The Citizens United bill was a bought and paid for by the Rich Corporations and Uber Rich people so they could completely buy our elections.

What would happen if the New (Old GOP) Republicans were to adopt the 1956 GOP Plank? Toss some more at me. I think that whomever wrote that Plank was just below the great writers of our Founding Fathers. But then again, America had just gone through a bloodless Revolution in 1952.

6. Polishprince

Polishprince Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,098

Citizens United is a court decision, not legislation. It can't just be "rescinded". As settled law, a decision would have to be made on a lawsuit that reaches the Supreme Court and it would have to be reversed.

Either that or a constitutional amendment.

Although, IMHO, the 2016 election experience tells me that money isn't nearly that important in elections. Mrs. Clinton outspent Mr. Trump by a huge margin and still got schlonged royally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Polishprince

Polishprince Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,098

Do you really think that there are enough Moderate R's out there to carry the day and vanquish the Democrats in 2020 or beyond?

There may have been in the 1950's, but that was a long time ago. Mr. Romney and Mr. McCain were devoted moderates in 08 and 12, but couldn't do it, what makes you think the future would be so much different?

8. White 6

White 6 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +627
    What to do after the party of trump is gone? I will be like Kevin Costner, at the end of the Untouchables, when asked what he would do when prohibition is over. He replied smiling "I think I'll have drink." :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Daryl Hunt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,262
    If it's a court decision then Congress can overturn it. It's not settle law. The Courts do not ma laws. They make rulings. And in the 2016 election, I saw millions of dollars even in the local elections coming in from outside the areas. It appears that you are just making excuses. I stand by the 1956 GOP Campaign Pact.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Daryl Hunt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,262
    many of the Moderate Ds are actually old Moderate Rs from yester year. You are playing R v D and not giving the general public credit. Give them a real Candidate and a solid Plank and they'll do what's right. Or you can keep giving them the radical pieces of crap and they'll keep doing what they have done for the last 40 years.