CDZ The Party of Trump will be Gone some Day, what then?

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
The Party of Trump will be Gone some Day, what then?

It may happen in 2020, or Jan of 2021 or even Jan 2025 but it's going to happen. What then? Let's face it, you can't call the Party of Trump the Republican Party. The Republican Party is pretty much silent these days. When Trump leaves, it's going to leave a huge vacuum. Let's face it, a person like Trump only comes along once in a hundred years or so. Don't look for a replacement from the Party of Trump. There isn't one. It's one man. And when his time runs out, the Party is gone. The same thing happened to the Patriot Party with Perot.

So we need to rebuild the Republican Party. Where do we start? Obviously, there are going to be a lot of casualties in the process of those Rs that became staunch members of the Party of Trump and dare to call themselves Republicans. Some will weather it and others won't. I predict that the GOP would be forced to bring up an old hand for 2020 if Trump is out of the Picture and even in 2024 and that would be Paul Ryan. But that would not be a winner either. While I think it would be a good choice, the Trumpers will be seething and light the place on fire rather than vote for Paul Ryan. So even if Trump does go to 2024, the Republican Party is dead.

That means, it must be rebuilt for the 2028 year. And even then, there may still be enough of the hate and venom left that even 2028 may be a bad year for the Republicans. And I don't mean the Party of Trump which dies Politically when Trump leaves office. Like I said before, the party of Trump is one man and only one man and another one like him is not going to be seen for another hundred years in America.

What we need to do is start to rebuild now as a 3rd Party as the Republican Party. Call it "The New Republican Party" adopting the old GOP planks and ideologies. One of the other posters posted what the GOP once stood for and I hope he reposts it again here.

This isn't about the Democrat Party. It's about rebuilding the Republican Party back to the days it once was the Grand Old Party. Let the Democrat Party do whatever the hell it wants to do. But we need to rebuild back to the days of Ike.

Let's hear some constructive inputs on this one. Sorry, it's not about the party of Trump or the Democrat Party. It's about the rebuilding of the GOP to the time it earned the name of GOP.

Last edited:

It may happen in 2020, or Jan of 2021 or even Jan 2025 but it's going to happen. What then? Let's face it, you can't call the Party of Trump the Republican Party. The Republican Party is pretty much silent these days. When Trump leaves, it's going to leave a huge vacuum. Let's face it, a person like Trump only comes along once in a hundred years or so. Don't look for a replacement from the Party of Trump. There isn't one. It's one man. And when his time runs out, the Party is gone. The same thing happened to the Patriot Party with Perot.

So we need to rebuild the Republican Party. Where do we start? Obviously, there are going to be a lot of casualties in the process of those Rs that became staunch members of the Party of Trump and dare to call themselves Republicans. Some will weather it and others won't. I predict that the GOP would be forced to bring up an old hand for 2020 if Trump is out of the Picture and even in 2024 and that would be Paul Ryan. But that would not be a winner either. While I think it would be a good choice, the Trumpers will be seething and light the place on fire rather than vote for Paul Ryan. So even if Trump does go to 2024, the Republican Party is dead.

That means, it must be rebuilt for the 2028 year. And even then, there may still be enough of the hate and venom left that even 2028 may be a bad year for the Republicans. And I don't mean the Party of Trump which dies Politically when Trump leaves office. Like I said before, the party of Trump is one man and only one man and another one like him is not going to be seen for another hundred years in America.

What we need to do is start to rebuild now as a 3rd Party as the Republican Party. Call it "The New Republican Party" adopting the old GOP planks and ideologies. One of the other posters posted what the GOP once stood for and I hope he reposts it again here.

This isn't about the Democrat Party. It's about rebuilding the Republican Party back to the days it once was the Grand Old Party. Let the Democrat Party do whatever the hell it wants to do. But we need to rebuild back to the days of Ike.

Let's hear some constructive inputs on this one. Sorry, it's not about the party of Trump or the Democrat Party. It's about the rebuilding of the GOP to the time it earned the name of GOP.
Two words... Good Riddance

• Banned
Can you tell us what the Democrat party has to offer America.....perhaps a comparison between the 2 and what one thinks will happen within the next 20 years or so, would be a benefit to all.

I don't think that either the party of Trump nor the Democratic Party should even enter into the discussion. It will just start or keep the eternal fight going. Let's face it, both existing parties really don't represent the majority anymore like the old GOP did in it's day. Ike represented America in a way that no President has even done since. And he laid the foundation even for the next two Democrat Presidents. And he even had a huge effect in some of what Reagan accomplished. Looking at the GOP during that time is the Gold Standard.

You should consider other perspectives.

Trump is only doing as well as his is with the GOP base because he (for the most part) carries the message that the base wants him to carry.

Trump benefited most from the fact that he aint Hitlary.

That Trump infuriates and frustrates leftardz the way that he does? That is simply a bonus.

Trump's election woke a sleeping giant and that sleeping giant (conservative base) realized just in time that we didn't want any more Leftarded Justices on the courts.

Trump's methods and antics have (so far) kept the base from falling back asleep.

We can thank the leftardz and their (collusion / impeachment) antics for that one too!

So much so, I can hardly wait for Trump's re-election and almost certain replacement of Ginsburg and likely Thomas too!

It's all good, no matter who the next GOP nominee might be. . . . . so long as he or she too might carry the message from the base the way that Trump has done so far.
So you think a politicized biased court is good for Democracy. How novel.

• Banned

Trump is only doing as well as his is with the GOP base because he (for the most part) carries the message that the base wants him to carry.

That Trump infuriates and frustrates leftardz the way that he does? That is simply a bonus.

Trump's election woke a sleeping giant and that sleeping giant (conservative base) realized just in time that we didn't want any more Leftarded Justices on the courts.

Trump's methods and antics have (so far) kept the base from falling back asleep.

We can thank the leftardz and their (collusion / impeachment) antics for that one too!

So much so, I can hardly wait for Trump's re-election and almost certain replacement of Ginsburg and likely Thomas too!

It's all good, no matter who the next GOP nominee might be. . . . . so long as he or she too might carry the message from the base the way that Trump has done so far.

Keep the infighting out of this. There is way too much going on already elsewhere on USMB. Post your fights somewhere else, both of you. This is NOT constructive.

I disagree that any of "Trumps" nominees are any more political than any other members already on the court. Especially Ginsburg.

That said.

The U.S. is NOT a democracy.

It is a Constitutional REPUBLIC.

That BURNS in your crawl.

Doesn't it.

Can you tell us what the Democrat party has to offer America.....perhaps a comparison between the 2 and what one thinks will happen within the next 20 years or so, would be a benefit to all.

I don't think that either the party of Trump nor the Democratic Party should even enter into the discussion. It will just start or keep the eternal fight going. Let's face it, both existing parties really don't represent the majority anymore like the old GOP did in it's day. Ike represented America in a way that no President has even done since. And he laid the foundation even for the next two Democrat Presidents. And he even had a huge effect in some of what Reagan accomplished. Looking at the GOP during that time is the Gold Standard.

I think you have missed or maybe ignored the shifts that have taken place in both major party bases.

• Banned

I disagree that aby of "Trumps" nominees are any more political than any other members already on the court. Especially Ginsburg.

That said.

Doesn't it.

Off Topic.

I think you have missed or maybe ignored the shifts that have taken place in both major party bases.

No I have not. I see only two parties right now. One is the Party of Trump (not the Republican Party) and the other is a Leftist Party (Not the Democratic Party). Both are in serious trouble for different reasons. I would welcome the old Republican and Democratic Party from the Eisenhower and Truman days.

I disagree that aby of "Trumps" nominees are any more political than any other members already on the court. Especially Ginsburg.

That said.

Doesn't it.

Off Topic.

No it isn't.

You called it the "party of Trump."

I corrected your error.

No I have not. I see only two parties right now. One is the Party of Trump (not the Republican Party) and the other is a Leftist Party (Not the Democratic Party). Both are in serious trouble for different reasons. I would welcome the old Republican and Democratic Party from the Eisenhower and Truman days.

You long for Rinos.

We (the base) are glad to see them go.

I disagree that any of "Trumps" nominees are any more political than any other members already on the court. Especially Ginsburg.

That said.

Doesn't it.
Its also a representative democracy.

That said.

Doesn't it.

Off Topic.

No it isn't.

I corrected your error.

There IS no Republican Party right now to speak of at a Federal Level. All the control is in the hands of one man. Therefore, it's the Party of Trump.

I am taking on the Republican Party first. It's broken bad. So is the Democrat Party. But we know that as early as 2024, the Democrat party (no matter how broken it is) is going to gain control because the Party of Trump ceases to exist. The Democratic Party will have no reason to be fixed. But if the Republicans want to get back into the game, the Republicans are going to have to go back to the days they were the old GOP when the phrase, "I am a Good Republican, in good standings" meant something. So we fix the Republican Party First and that means if the Democrats want to stay in the game, they have to fix themselves. Neither were broken over night and neither will be fixed over night. It took decades to get this broken. So rather than dwell on the broken party of Trump that goes away in no longer than 5 years or the broken Democratic Party that will stay broken, let's see about rebuilding the GOP.

That said.

Doesn't it.
Its also a representative democracy.

With an electoral college!:ack-1:

That said.

Doesn't it.

Off Topic.

No it isn't.

I corrected your error.

There IS no Republican Party right now to speak of at a Federal Level. All the control is in the hands of one man. Therefore, it's the Party of Trump.

I am taking on the Republican Party first. It's broken bad. So is the Democrat Party. But we know that as early as 2024, the Democrat party (no matter how broken it is) is going to gain control because the Party of Trump ceases to exist. The Democratic Party will have no reason to be fixed. But if the Republicans want to get back into the game, the Republicans are going to have to go back to the days they were the old GOP when the phrase, "I am a Good Republican, in good standings" meant something. So we fix the Republican Party First and that means if the Democrats want to stay in the game, they have to fix themselves. Neither were broken over night and neither will be fixed over night. It took decades to get this broken. So rather than dwell on the broken party of Trump that goes away in no longer than 5 years or the broken Democratic Party that will stay broken, let's see about rebuilding the GOP.

It would be very entertaining (for about 5 minutes) to see what YOU think the GOP's party platform "should be" verses what it IS.

You long for Rinos.

They are still there. Some are quiet. Some are pretending to be members of the party of trump. Others have severed party affiliation and others have grudgingly crossed over. We still outnumber you by a large margin. And by no later than 2025, you don't have a party at all. It's gone. Then what? Do you go away? Do you become a RINO yourself or do you burn it all to the ground? I think I covered that already.

You long for Rinos.

They are still there. Some are quiet. Some are pretending to be members of the party of trump. Others have severed party affiliation and others have grudgingly crossed over. We still outnumber you by a large margin. And by no later than 2025, you don't have a party at all. It's gone. Then what? Do you go away? Do you become a RINO yourself or do you burn it all to the ground? I think I covered that already.

You are speaking about the same party that survived nearly two decades of Klinton and Duhbummer.

We ain't skeered.

Especially with Trump's Judges on the bench. Many of them for LIFE.

“So we need to rebuild the Republican Party.”

That’s been the case since Reagan, since the Southern Strategy, since the embracing of the religious right, the rise of authoritarian social conservatism, and Fox ‘news.’

Indeed, the Party of Eisenhower and Goldwater has been gone for decades – ‘Trump’ is merely a symptom of the rightwing malignancy the GOP has become.

That said.

Doesn't it.

Off Topic.

No it isn't.

I corrected your error.

It would be very entertaining (for about 5 minutes) to see what YOU think the GOP's party platform "should be" verses what it IS.

To give you an idea just how the Republican Party has changed since 1956, here is a summary of the 1956 Republican Platform. This is the short form. This was put together to slight the real Platform. I will give a link to the real 1956 Platform. It's a bit long and brilliant. If the GOP adopted it today and followed it there would be no way in hell that either the Democratic Party nor the Party of Trump could win another Presidency until they cleaned way up.

1956_republican_platform_list_meme_feature.jpg

As promised, the real
Republican Party Platform of 1956

Forum List

Back