The Pac 10 punks every other conf in sports titles

not close

I guess those "all around" titles help, huh?

Bama has brought home 4 National Championships this year. I bet they don't feel punked.

Kentucky took home the NC in Basketball this year.

Alabama won the Football NC this year.

A Pac 10 team won the college baseball NC

In Men's Gymnastics the top 2 teams are not Pac-10

In Women's Gymnastics Alabama won the NC.

Doesn't look like they punked anyone.

Wasn't all UCLA (John Wooden) USC and Stanford either.

Titles nicely spread out throughout the conf since it was the West Coast Athletic Conf , Pac 8 etc.

Guess who won the Olympic 8 Crew in the 1936 Olympics in the face of the fuhrer??

And beat the mighty Soviets in the 50s in Moscow in Kruchevs face?? ?????

WASHINGTON. (my alma mater 1972 to 1979) yes 1979

(just won another title this year)

Last edited:
The 1991 Washington Huskies under The Godfather Don James were one of the greatest college football teams OF ALL TIME.

(Alabama/LSU with offense)

Closest win was by 7 points at ranked Cal.

They would have P-U-N-K-E-D Miami in their place - who they had to share the title with.

(they did in fact end Miamis 58 game home win streak in 1994 by about 20 points)

Last edited:
The 1991 Washington Huskies under The Godfather Don James were one of the greatest college football teams OF ALL TIME.

They would have P-U-N-K-E-D Miami in their place - who they had to share the title with.

(they did in fact end Miamis 58 game home win streak in 1994 by about 20 points)

I'm glad you think they were the greatest team of all time. Anyone else agree with your theory?

I'm glad you think they were the greatest team of all time. Anyone else agree with your theory?

They would MOP-UP Alabamas and LSUs 2011 teams....................................................

(I said they were ONE of the greatest) Easily top 10

They would MOP-UP Alabamas and LSUs 2011 teams....................................................

Considering I saw experts call Alabama's 2011 defense one of the best ever, I doubt they would mop us up.

ESPN.com - Page2 - Best college football teams of all time

Nope, they didn't make that list of all timne great college teams.

PARADE Magazine | Parade.com

Nope, the Huskies didn't make that list either.

Greatest College Football Teams of All Time (Single Season)

At least they got listed as an "also ran" on that list.

Nah, I think that your '91 Huskies were not the greatest, and not even top 10 in most lists.

all of those lists are crapped -up

the east sportswritesr think only USC plays football in the Pac 10

all of those lists are crapped -up

the east sportswritesr think only USC plays football in the Pac 10

Well, maybe they watched Oregon lose two games in a row to SEC teams? That would certainly confirm their suspicions.

You know, ginscpy, if you came out and talked about how the Huskies played or whatever, I doubt anyone would challenge you.

But you love to make these blanket statements about who is the greatest, or who was unstoppable ect ect. And then you get punked.

The Washington Huskies were a great team in 1991. Cool. Alabama was a great team in 1992.

The difference between what we say is that I am not trying to claim that one team was flatout the greatest. Like your "Kareem could score at will, no one ever blocked the skyhook" nonsense. You just open yourself up for ridicule.

Considering I saw experts call Alabama's 2011 defense one of the best ever, I doubt they would mop us up.

Nah, I think that your '91 Huskies were not the greatest, and not even top 10 in most lists.

I had seen a couple of those lists that you linked in a prior thread.

I looked them over again.

Mostly laughable.

1999 Florida State:razz: and some others

Biggest omit in my opinion besides the 91 Huskies: 1979 USC. Had an inexplicable tie (AT HOME) against Stanford. Had a 21-0 lead and wound up getting tied 21-21.

Had players like Paul McDonald at QB (pinpoint passer who played in the NFL) Charles White, Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, Dennis Smith, Anthony Munoz - others.................

You don't necessarily have to have a perfect record to be considered one of the alltime greatest teams.

Last edited:

Mostly laughable.

Biggest omit in my opinion besides the 91 Huskies: 1979 USC. Had an inexplicable tie (AT HOME) against Stanford. Had a 21-0 lead and wound up getting tied 21-21.

Had players like Paul McDonald at QB (pinpoint passer who played in the NFL) Charles White, Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, Dennis Smith, Anthony Munoz - others.................

You don't necessarily have to have a perfect record to be considered one of the alltime greatest teams.

The win loss record is how they will usually be measured. If you can't beat everyone on your schedule, you weren't the best. For at least one day, another team was better than you.

Mostly laughable.

The win loss record is how they will usually be measured. If you can't beat everyone on your schedule, you weren't the best. For at least one day, another team was better than you.

First of all - USC in 1979 got tied. Not beat. Their players on that team - to this day -are probably beating themselves up letting Stanford come back to tie them. Would have been a team-for-the-ages.

Who won the NC in 79??? Probably some team you heard of.

I think USC would have beat them (like they did in 1978)

Unless you think alabamas running backs compared to Charles White, Marcus Allen.

I don't think Bamas QB compared to McDonald either.

Todd Marinovich: "all is saw was purple" when UW shut out USC in 1990 at Husky Stadium 34-0.

UW also beat Miami in 2000 - made Ken Dorsey look like a deer in the headlights. True -the Canes got revenge thenext season. But the 2000 UW team was nowhere near the dominat team the91 team was.

Mark Brunnell - who was the backup in 1991 - was on an NFL roster in 2011.

1977 Notre Dame should get at least an honarble mention.

Kicked -AZZ after Montana became the starter.

Beat #1 Texas and Earl Campbell 38-10 in the Cotton Bowl .

Warren Moon. UW 1975 - 1977. Led UW to upset over heavily favored Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Throws the prettiest spiral in football.

Won 5 Grey Cups after he was inexplicably NOT DRAFTED by the NFL.

Inducted into the Pro Football HOF.

Forum List

Back